Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Money cap

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 05, 2011
In my opinion, there should be no money cap because its annoying selling stuff and you see the pop up say "You're close to max gold" I liked it better when the game didn't have a money cap...

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
They have to have a money cap, or else there's a thing called "inflation" that can cause prices to spiral out of control. MMO economics is an actual area of concern, you can Google if you want to find out more about it.

Alia Misthaven

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
nutellaaa on Nov 13, 2017 wrote:
In my opinion, there should be no money cap because its annoying selling stuff and you see the pop up say "You're close to max gold" I liked it better when the game didn't have a money cap...
Yeah, I agree.

I was also thinking about an alternate solution, where Kingsisle can create a Bank housing item. We can just place it down in our houses, and you can deposit excess gold directly into it. The limit of the Bank could be like 10 million, and if you have a Bank on your Fire and also your Storm, then both are able to access the gold in that one, same Bank. I think this would also solve that gold trading request people have been wanting for years.

Defender
Jul 09, 2012
BrahmShadow on Nov 14, 2017 wrote:
Yeah, I agree.

I was also thinking about an alternate solution, where Kingsisle can create a Bank housing item. We can just place it down in our houses, and you can deposit excess gold directly into it. The limit of the Bank could be like 10 million, and if you have a Bank on your Fire and also your Storm, then both are able to access the gold in that one, same Bank. I think this would also solve that gold trading request people have been wanting for years.
I have always wanted this to be honest. It was a pain to transfer gold to other wizards because I would have to put things to sell (Like reagents and TC) in my shared bank, move to the other wizard, take it all out, and sell it again. I do know why there is a money cap, but I would love to have a place to deposit gold to spend later on or something

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
I'm pretty sure there ha always been a money cap, even before Dragonspyre, just we never hit it till later when you have like wintertusk selling for 2-3k a item

Survivor
Mar 05, 2011
BrahmShadow on Nov 14, 2017 wrote:
Yeah, I agree.

A bank would be pretty cool because you can just store your money in there and it'd be easier

Survivor
Mar 05, 2011
Freshta on Nov 14, 2017 wrote:
They have to have a money cap, or else there's a thing called "inflation" that can cause prices to spiral out of control. MMO economics is an actual area of concern, you can Google if you want to find out more about it.

Alia Misthaven
The bazaar isn't a player run market even though it is because you can't set your own price of anything the game does it on its own so I don't really see any reason why