Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Missing Myths

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 09, 2009
Ok i know there are some mythological creatures that are out there (mostly from Greek mythology) that KI haven’t used yet. i would like to bring them to attention. Ideas of animation are very well come!

Hecatoncheires
“hundred handed”. They were gigantic and had fifty heads and one hundred arms each of great strength.

Giants
Sorta like a cyclops, but like a normal human, just huge.

Ash Tree Nymphs
I think these are just like the dryads. not positive though.

Typhoeus
a fire breathing dragon with a hundred heads that never rested
(sounds like a fire spell )

Cerberus
The commonly known 3-headed dog, “brother” of orthrus.

Sirens
half-woman, half-birdlike creatures who sang such sweet songs that listeners forgot everything and died of hunger

Argus Panoptes
The all seeing. A man with many eyes.

Chimaera
the Chimaera had three heads – lion, goat, and snake .Its body was also mixed having the front part of a lion, middle of a goat, and snake for a tail. It breathed fire.

Echidna
A female monster consisting of half nymph, half speckled snake. It lived in a cave coming out to snatch up and eat those passing. The critter was ageless but, not immortal.

Pegasus
(very common and, apparently, child of medusa and poseidon ) Pegasus was a winged horse and good flyer.

All of these idea came from a site listing the creatures in greek mythology. I might still be missing a few though.

I do believe that some of these could explain animations. but i still wish to here your ideas!

-Dustin RavenBreath aka Country Gamer
Level 60 Myth

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
A quick Cerberus fact: In the battle of Bunker Hill (which actually didn't happen at Bunker Hill), the British named one of there ships Cerberus.

Defender
May 31, 2009
Haha, funny you posted this.

I looked up a whole list of mythical creatures from every mythology possible, and found a lot of stuff KI could use as spells. I personally like the ones listed here though:

Aatxe (Basque) A spirit that takes the form of a bull.-Balance

Amarok (Inuit) Giant wolf-Ice

Arion (Greek) Extremely swift horse with a green mane and the power of speech-Life

Avalerion (Medieval Bestiary) King of the birds-Storm

Black Shuck (Norfolk) It is said that his appearance bodes ill to the beholder, although not always.-Death

Cherufe (Mapuche) Volcano-dwelling monster.-Fire

Chrysaor (Greek) Son of the gorgon Medusa, imaged as a giant or a winged boar.- Myth

That's what I got. There's tons on wikipedia. Look up 'list of legendary creatures'.

Sabrina
Legendary Thaumaturge
Author of The Chosen Three fanfic

~See you in the Spiral!~

Explorer
Mar 09, 2009
Even if its just an idea of pip count and damage. I wanna hear your ideas!!!!

-Dustin RavenBreath aka Country Gamer
Level 60 Myth

Delver
Jul 09, 2009
I would like to see those not to metion KI never used Hades, Posioden, or Harpies

Survivor
Jan 01, 2011
Riolu7890 wrote:
Haha, funny you posted this.

I looked up a whole list of mythical creatures from every mythology possible, and found a lot of stuff KI could use as spells. I personally like the ones listed here though:

Aatxe (Basque) A spirit that takes the form of a bull.-Balance

Amarok (Inuit) Giant wolf-Ice

Arion (Greek) Extremely swift horse with a green mane and the power of speech-Life

Avalerion (Medieval Bestiary) King of the birds-Storm

Black Shuck (Norfolk) It is said that his appearance bodes ill to the beholder, although not always.-Death

Cherufe (Mapuche) Volcano-dwelling monster.-Fire

Chrysaor (Greek) Son of the gorgon Medusa, imaged as a giant or a winged boar.- Myth

That's what I got. There's tons on wikipedia. Look up 'list of legendary creatures'.

Sabrina
Legendary Thaumaturge
Author of The Chosen Three fanfic

~See you in the Spiral!~

balance is egyption mythology that has been established like myth is greek

Survivor
Jun 23, 2009
Myth students should be able to summon the gods!

Cody Ravensword lvl 26 in Chelsea court

Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
You forgot Harpies, Goblins, Gremlins, we don't have a Gryphon spell yet, and I think Death should be able to summon Anubis soon.