Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mirage Addition Suggestions

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 05, 2013
The new world is great! However there is some things I'd like to see changed:
The New Spells:
It should be the specified damage to any enemy, not divided. Earlier they said one shadow pip equals ten regular pips, so in theory, I am spending fourteen pips for sandstorm or meteor or whatever. It's sort of crazy, to one enemy the damage is great, but divided among four is ridiculous. If it was *specified damage* and you decide who it hits it would be much more useful.
The New Wands:
The new crafted wands are basically rat wands with the new stat. The new stat is absolutely useless to this level. Anywhere below Avalon I can see this as useful because most don't have max power pip chance, yet it's the opposite in Mirage. I suggest to switch the critical and conversion stats. So, if the current wand as 138 pip conversion and 30 critical. The new wand has 138 critical and 30 pip conversion, it would make these eh wands much more wanted and bring back a reason to craft.
Not sure what to call it:
That one thing added in the summer update with the friend page, where you can add a picture to each friend separately? Anyway, I like to put the colored diamonds or stars to quickly identify my friends schools and how well I know them, please add a black diamond/star for death. Thanks!

Thanks for reading, what do you think?

Delver
Jul 24, 2015
XaZeRs on Dec 12, 2016 wrote:
The New Spells:
It should be the specified damage to any enemy, not divided. Earlier they said one shadow pip equals ten regular pips, so in theory, I am spending fourteen pips for sandstorm or meteor or whatever. It's sort of crazy, to one enemy the damage is great, but divided among four is ridiculous. If it was *specified damage* and you decide who it hits it would be much more useful.
The New Wands:
The new crafted wands are basically rat wands with the new stat. The new stat is absolutely useless to this level. Anywhere below Avalon I can see this as useful because most don't have max power pip chance, yet it's the opposite in Mirage. I suggest to switch the critical and conversion stats. So, if the current wand as 138 pip conversion and 30 critical. The new wand has 138 critical and 30 pip conversion, it would make these eh wands much more wanted and bring back a reason to craft.
That one thing added in the summer update with the friend page, where you can add a picture to each friend separately? Anyway, I like to put the colored diamonds or stars to quickly identify my friends schools and how well I know them, please add a black diamond/star for death. Thanks!

I agree with all of this.

Regarding new icons, I do the same thing, and would use the black stars and diamonds were they added in. Having said this, it's only a bit less handy, but you can hit the "F" key an additional time and see all your friends' schools with the screen we have right now.

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
XaZeRs on Dec 12, 2016 wrote:
The New Spells:
The New Wands:

1. As far as I'm aware, that is how the divide spells work. You select the spell, select your targets (however many and whoever you want), and then you lock them in place.

2. This is actually very helpful. If they move critical and block to level 100+ and pip conversion to 50+ then they wouldn't have to nerf crit & block so much and they could use a much less complex algorithm. Of course, this would be a massive change, and one that many players would be against, but as it is I feel as though pip conversion would work better at lower levels.

3. It can't hurt.

Defender
Dec 05, 2013
Blaze Sandblade on Dec 13, 2016 wrote:
1. As far as I'm aware, that is how the divide spells work. You select the spell, select your targets (however many and whoever you want), and then you lock them in place.

2. This is actually very helpful. If they move critical and block to level 100+ and pip conversion to 50+ then they wouldn't have to nerf crit & block so much and they could use a much less complex algorithm. Of course, this would be a massive change, and one that many players would be against, but as it is I feel as though pip conversion would work better at lower levels.

3. It can't hurt.
It sounds like, for the first one, you either didn't understand what I was asking or don't understand how the new spells work. For example, a new spell does 1200 damage divided among enemies you chose:
1 Enemy; 1200 Damage
2 Enemies: 600 Damage a piece
3 Enemies: 400 Damage a piece
4 Enemies: 300 Damage a piece
I am suggesting that no matter how many enemies you choose, for this example, the spell deals 1200.

As for Liam,
Yes i am aware of that feature but it is much more easy to do it my way

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
XaZeRs on Dec 16, 2016 wrote:
It sounds like, for the first one, you either didn't understand what I was asking or don't understand how the new spells work. For example, a new spell does 1200 damage divided among enemies you chose:
1 Enemy; 1200 Damage
I am suggesting that no matter how many enemies you choose, for this example, the spell deals 1200.

As for Liam,

That would be too OP when facing more than 1 enemy, for just 4+1 pips you can deal (using Iron Sultan) 1152 damage to all enemies. Snowball Barrage (the current highest-damage X-pip AoE) would only deal 340 for the same cost. Even if a pip is worth 10 pips (I personally think it's closer to 5 or 3), then Tempest would deal 1120 for the transferred cost. Even Climaclysm and Llamasu would deal an incredibly OP amount of damage.

Defender
Dec 05, 2013
Blaze Sandblade on Dec 17, 2016 wrote:
That would be too OP when facing more than 1 enemy, for just 4+1 pips you can deal (using Iron Sultan) 1152 damage to all enemies. Snowball Barrage (the current highest-damage X-pip AoE) would only deal 340 for the same cost. Even if a pip is worth 10 pips (I personally think it's closer to 5 or 3), then Tempest would deal 1120 for the transferred cost. Even Climaclysm and Llamasu would deal an incredibly OP amount of damage.
Of course it is, but 9000 health for enemies roaming the streets isn't? Don't you think we need some sort of spell to help with that? 9/10 times I solo this game, and that's the way I like it. For my balance especially, 18,000 health isn't very fun to solo when it's not even a boss. So nerf the spells some, make it less damage, I don't care. Why am I paying 14, or in your words 9 or 7 pips, for sandstorm?

Delver
Jul 24, 2015
XaZeRs on Dec 16, 2016 wrote:
1 Enemy; 1200 Damage

As for Liam,

Area spells usually do 2/3 damage. Sand Wurm does 1020 damage for 4+1 pips. Nested Fury does about 842 damage for 6+1 pips. Making Sand Wurm do 680 damage if multiple targets are selected should work fine without overshadowing Nested Fury. 255 damage per target is all but useless - this is minimum damage for a Sandstorm at the cost of an extra shadow pip.

(I hope to see a black star and gem added. Great minds think alike!)

Defender
Dec 05, 2013
Sand wurm should be about 900 for 4+2 shadow, but the current is ridiculous.

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
XaZeRs on Dec 17, 2016 wrote:
Of course it is, but 9000 health for enemies roaming the streets isn't? Don't you think we need some sort of spell to help with that? 9/10 times I solo this game, and that's the way I like it. For my balance especially, 18,000 health isn't very fun to solo when it's not even a boss. So nerf the spells some, make it less damage, I don't care. Why am I paying 14, or in your words 9 or 7 pips, for sandstorm?
If these new spells are so worthless, then keep them out of your deck. Use Ra, or Nested Fury, or Judgement. You don't keep every spell you learn in your deck, only the ones that fit into your strategy mechanic-wise. For some, this wave of spells spiced up their decks, for others, it'll never make it in more than once.