Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

minuens of myth need rethought.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 10, 2009
Don't know how much this subject has ben brung up, but I play myth and at lvl 50 I still cant solo some quest that are for lvls way lowere then me, my minuens are uslis they die easy and berly cast usfuly. they tend to cast in an order that gets them killed or because of the low hp they get killed easy anyway. my thought is this myth is supost to be a solo class and it needs to party more then any. I can solo with other classes were I could not with myth. I think the myth minuens need to be rethought. what do you all think? plz give me feed back all. we will see if the minuen class can finaly have a minuen as good as deaths or better.

Mastermind
Jan 01, 2010
My Myth wizard is about to go into Mooshu so I don't know how it is on the higher worlds, but yes, I have found Myth a little more challenging than some of the other schools. But I think Myth has some of the best spells and I do have fun with it. So far I have solo'd throughout the game.

I only use minions against bosses. They do seem to take a while to warm up and pass quite often. They definitely should be programmed to use more shields/blades and other zero pip spells.

Sometimes I conjur a low level minion just to distract the enemies. The little puppet is great for this! And I can't wait for the level 38 minotaur as I understand he is primarily a distracting minion. Those are great! With Minotaur I actually think Myth will be much easier to play.

Just like all the schools, Myth has good and bad points. Overall, I would agree the minions need a bit better programming, but it's still fun!

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
I have a grandmaster myth and I solo all the time. Don't even have my minions in my deck any longer. I pretty much rely on earthquake, Centaur and orthus (ex. spellings). I have death as a second school and use feint alot. I just double down on traps and normally, I kill the boss in one swipe.

I very seldom die. I am considering selling my training points back, so I can be Myth/Death/Life instead of fire.

Survivor
Dec 10, 2009
ok as to the minator minuen, he is not very usful as a distraction unless your in a fight that is main aryas or miner bosses, he dosnt have the hp(his hp is around 700 thats close to what you should have had befor lvl20) for it and dosnt cast his shilds often anoff to protect himself or his spells that lead to him healing, he casts some death spells. he dies avrig in 3 rounds unless you stok up in soport spells and give up on killing yourself to a degree. As for soloing lvl 50 I am myth death with a few extra boost spells from balance that will bost both death and myth I do more then duble up on shilds and debuffs and there is no serviving agenst sertn fights, the for ice giants in the an arya quest in grizzlehelm the savaresvad pass think I speld that pass thing right if not ill fix it. and I to use that 0 cast pupet as a distraction some times. ferther more just in case I have my tresure cards well stoked with great and small healing. and in exploring Malastirs layer thers a groop of fore fires nomater how you work it if your soloing your dead trust me I have top gear that I can get for this,thenks to wiki. and without fail its death have togo in with others, so claming to solo the whole game is not posable. I am not saying you fibed the myth class has many pionts its why I chose it. its just not what it should be in comparison to the other classes. And you need to consider how often you were with friends you may not of noticed were you needed the help because many bosses you as amyth dont need anyone or your minuens just strtagy.

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
souljen wrote:
ok as to the minator minuen, he is not very usful as a distraction unless your in a fight that is main aryas or miner bosses, he dosnt have the hp(his hp is around 700 thats close to what you should have had befor lvl20) for it and dosnt cast his shilds often anoff to protect himself or his spells that lead to him healing, he casts some death spells. he dies avrig in 3 rounds unless you stok up in soport spells and give up on killing yourself to a degree. As for soloing lvl 50 I am myth death with a few extra boost spells from balance that will bost both death and myth I do more then duble up on shilds and debuffs and there is no serviving agenst sertn fights, the for ice giants in the an arya quest in grizzlehelm the savaresvad pass think I speld that pass thing right if not ill fix it. and I to use that 0 cast pupet as a distraction some times. ferther more just in case I have my tresure cards well stoked with great and small healing. and in exploring Malastirs layer thers a groop of fore fires nomater how you work it if your soloing your dead trust me I have top gear that I can get for this,thenks to wiki. and without fail its death have togo in with others, so claming to solo the whole game is not posable. I am not saying you fibed the myth class has many pionts its why I chose it. its just not what it should be in comparison to the other classes. And you need to consider how often you were with friends you may not of noticed were you needed the help because many bosses you as amyth dont need anyone or your minuens just strtagy.

I am making a big leap here and think that you are referring to my post. Yes, I did solo most of the game by myself, except in those cases, such as Malistaire, where you had to have a team in order to complete the task. I still go back and fight Marnva Flamewing (ex. sp) or one of the other major bosses by myself and win. I didn't say I never died, I said in most cases, I normally kill them on the first attack and this is true.

Maybe you need to reconsider your still of fighting. I have a total of 5 grandmasters and have solo the game with each of them. It in not impossible to do this with a Myth, maybe different challenges. Once my myth became a grand and I began to farm, I solo and won, except for those times when I decided I wanted to play with friends for the company.

Once again, it is all about your stradegy. As I was leveling up, I did use my minions, mostly the cyclops. Now that I am a grand, NO minions.

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
addisoncrawford wrote:
My Myth wizard is about to go into Mooshu so I don't know how it is on the higher worlds, but yes, I have found Myth a little more challenging than some of the other schools. But I think Myth has some of the best spells and I do have fun with it. So far I have solo'd throughout the game.

I only use minions against bosses. They do seem to take a while to warm up and pass quite often. They definitely should be programmed to use more shields/blades and other zero pip spells.

Myth seems to have the most offensive attacking minions aside from death. The cyclops, puppet and troll minions are all good. But yes, the cyclops minion can sometimes be rather frustrating when he would choose to pass TWICE in a row. Come on! I didn't hire you to stand there and flex all the time! Toss a blade or a trap! Especially more traps given our minotaur and orthrus spells are double tap. Cyclops minion can be great, but sometimes he just passes too much! Stop flexing! Haha. So much vanity.

Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
All's I have to say is, you Myth wizards amaze me, I tried Myth, and IMHO to me I think Myth is the worst school out there. How do you Myth Wizards get so far is beyond me, SO HATS OFF TO THAT . I couldn't take Myth, the spells are to weak, for my taste, and there is not to many spells to choose from either. Well Orthos is sweat, and earthquake is to. But, that is such a long way to go to learn these two awesome spells.

Myth should have more and better Minions. Even more spells would be nice. Cyrus Drake uses a spell on you, it is not that strong but at least its a different spell then what Myth wizards are use to. Why can't Myth Wizards learn this spell as one of the new spells?

I dunno will see, maybe if Myth got more Spells then Minions, then maybe I would give Myth another chance. I would like to experience the Myth path, but, as it stands now, Myth is to dull for me right now, I would sometimes start falling a sleep on my Myth Wiz. So I stuck him on the back burner, maybe one day. just maybe.

Survivor
Dec 10, 2009
I am glad to get so many responces. egos aside there is only so many ways one can attempt to combo cards they have or perchess for tresure cards in order to stratagise, and I did say I to soloed most of the game thairs just sertn points wwere that was not posable. and I have never ben able to relie on my minuens,lol I only use the 0 lvl pupet for a distraction or tresure card ones the salamander to be exsact. otherwise i dont put any in my deck. the minuens didn't cut it for me in this game but I stuck with the class- - o and the spells may be weeker then some classes but are stronger then some to, and we have more that have randoms witch give an interesting side to things. what I really want though seemed to get distracted from is for are minuens to be able to take some hits make it werth the set back in the pip race! otherwise they can pull them out and give us somthing els to cast. they are not usful anoff, and I think many agree with me. sorry for not being clearer, some of my fusteration at not being able to finesh the game solo,lol must have bled through to this. I am the type who likes to beable to just play, and never wait on somones help,lol.
o well. it would be nice if they put in the game tag along npcs for limmited time by dongeons that could play the role of party members senc minuens dont cut it. lol thenks for your feed back all... and I do meen all.