Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

minions become useless and fun draining storm

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 04, 2010
I like minions and i cant always get help when i need it. How about a booster for them like monsterous and gargantuan. It could give them more life, resist and both critical chances ( block and hit ). This would be good for celestia and up i think. Also this should benifit the less fourtunate schools more, because we know storm needs nothing else. Wow how this game is built for storm to suck the fun out of it. sry its true. Nothing like eating my pips after a tempest, storm lord, siren spell. Wow how many more devistating attack alls you going to get? Storm should be plagued by the accuracy as they were in the lower lvls. Most i see have better accuracy then other schools at the high lvls. How is this fair? Also their low life means nothing with good resist. The new pierce chance gives them even more chance to leave you holding yo pips again. Well i could go on and on but these are the things that could use the most attention. To all the storm wizards that will cry about this post: get over it, its true.

P.S. dear KI if you do address the problem of the storm wizards having all the advantages it would give purpose back to the rest of us.

Thanks

Jeremy Wyrmdust (balance)
Jeremy Dragonwraith (fire)
Jeremy Silverthorne (ice)
Jeremy Mythdust (myth)

Survivor
May 07, 2009
I like the minion idea, the storm idea I don't agree with though, this coming from a level 50 storm wizard. I think the whole high fizzle deal in the lower levels is a patience tester that is rewarded at high levels. Besides, with storm every battle is big, I can't count the times where I would have been defeated if I didn't get this spell off because of my low health. There have been times where I was defeated because I had a spell fizzle when I needed it most.

Defender
Feb 12, 2011
WyrmRukus wrote:
I like minions and i cant always get help when i need it. How about a booster for them like monsterous and gargantuan. It could give them more life, resist and both critical chances ( block and hit ). This would be good for celestia and up i think. Also this should benifit the less fourtunate schools more, because we know storm needs nothing else. Wow how this game is built for storm to suck the fun out of it. sry its true. Nothing like eating my pips after a tempest, storm lord, siren spell. Wow how many more devistating attack alls you going to get? Storm should be plagued by the accuracy as they were in the lower lvls. Most i see have better accuracy then other schools at the high lvls. How is this fair? Also their low life means nothing with good resist. The new pierce chance gives them even more chance to leave you holding yo pips again. Well i could go on and on but these are the things that could use the most attention. To all the storm wizards that will cry about this post: get over it, its true.

P.S. dear KI if you do address the problem of the storm wizards having all the advantages it would give purpose back to the rest of us.

Thanks

Jeremy Mythdust (myth)

You have obviously never played as storm or you wuld change your tune pretty quickly. I'm level 70 and die quite frequently in Mirror Lake in ZF. In fact, storm needs quite a bit of help at that ;eve;.

I've also seen balance, life, and myth do massive amunts of damage over storm - we are no longer the only power hit school in the game.

These days when I go onto Mirro Lake I spend the bulk of my time healing myself or others - it's a rare day when I get the chance to hit.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
The original idea isn't bad, but only benefits Myth wizards (and maybe Balance, since we're the only other school with more than one minion). My first wizard is a transcended sorcerer, but I still find this concept a tad... erm, unbalanced.

WyrmRukus wrote:

Thanks

Jeremy Mythdust (myth)

You've obviously never played a Storm wizard. Their insane firepower comes at the expense of other important things:

Accuracy:

Storm has the highest fizzle rate of all 7 schools (70% base accuracy). Sestiva, my level 41 diviner,can hit big... but that's assuming that she even gets a shot off. Even at this level, she still fizzles A LOT.

I have 24 wizards over 4 accounts; I've played every school, and Storm's play-style is best-suited to how I like to game. What Sestiva doesn't know is that, before I created her, I deleted her predecessor only 11 levels in, after losing patience with her terrible accuracy. Fortunately, I decided to try again, and have fared much better this time.

Health:

Storm also has the lowest health of the 7 schools- at level 41, Sestiva's health (including gear boosts) adds up to 1496.

By this point in the game, most wizards have more health than the bosses they're fighting, but diviners don't have that luxury. Already, I'm dreading Celestia, since I've heard that Sestiva's health won't get much better than what it is right now...

/my two cents.

El Veeb, and her little wizarding family:

Laura Shadowsong, level 70 Balance
Valerian Deathwhisper, level 50 Death
Sestiva Stormblade, level 41 Storm
Tavia Summershield, level 30 Life
Patrick Dreamstalker, level 15 Myth
Tara Winterbloom, level 13 Ice
Angela Nightflame, level 10 Fire

& our many, many aliases. ;)