Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Minions and Thier Levels

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 28, 2008
1
I have seen different minions have different levels. Is it possible for minons to gain ranks or do they come that way permantly (for example: I have a Fire elemental Rank 1 a friend of mine has a Fire elemental rank 4) ?

Survivor
Feb 15, 2009
5
Explorer
Feb 14, 2009
73
tk101rocks wrote:
it depends on how many pips you use


The Fire Elemental Rank 1 is a spell that costs exactly 3 to summon. Are there more fire pets at higher levels or are there others that come from an item with a varied casting cost?

Explorer
Jun 24, 2008
56
tk101rocks wrote:
it depends on how many pips you use
I thought only affected the Myth minions.

Explorer
Feb 14, 2009
73
Explorer
Feb 07, 2009
70
So are all the minions summoned by a fixed number of pips level 1 minions? I have limited experience with minions, obviously, or I might know the answer to this question. My ice wizard minion is a level 1, and my balance wizard's mander minion is also a level 1. Both are summoned with three pips.

I would be interested in seeing a complete list with levels, number of pips needed to summon, and amount of health each minion has.

Explorer
Feb 09, 2009
58
Not all minions are the same. Some minions have a fixed single number.
For instance the life minion always costs 4 pips to play and always comes in at the same strength. Myth's first minion costs 0 pips to play and always costs that much, and always comes in at the same strength.

While others get stronger the more pips you it in. Some of these have a max pip count while others do not.

For instance Myth's second and third minions get stronger as they go u but have a max pip count of 3 for the troll and 4 for the cyclops.

The Death minion has no max other than your pip max, and actually changes the monster type the more pips you put in. For instance for 1 pip you get a dark fairy 2 pips a skeletal pirate and so on. If you're a death wizard you can put a ton of pips into it, getting a minion that is a strong as a high level player with a couple thousand hit points.


Explorer
Sep 28, 2008
81
damionte wrote:
Not all minions are the same. Some minions have a fixed single number.
For instance the life minion always costs 4 pips to play and always comes in at the same strength. Myth's first minion costs 0 pips to play and always costs that much, and always comes in at the same strength.

While others get stronger the more pips you it in. Some of these have a max pip count while others do not.

For instance Myth's second and third minions get stronger as they go u but have a max pip count of 3 for the troll and 4 for the cyclops.

The Death minion has no max other than your pip max, and actually changes the monster type the more pips you put in. For instance for 1 pip you get a dark fairy 2 pips a skeletal pirate and so on. If you're a death wizard you can put a ton of pips into it, getting a minion that is a strong as a high level player with a couple thousand hit points.


No it is 1 pip is ghost 2 pip is dark fair 3 is pirate and so forth i know i got the spell

Explorer
Sep 28, 2008
81
chances are your friend that had a rank 4 fire elemental was balanced because for balanced they get elemental minion at lvl 28 and its rank goes up the more pip you use

Survivor
Dec 19, 2008
7
am lvl 47 fire wizard i don't like my minins all he does is fire elfs, my friend he's myth his minion does alot of stuff like Storm Sharks and Vampires and etc. My fire Minions takes 3 pips and has been lvl one for a long time. i think they fix it that every Minion takes certain number of pips and the number of pips should change their lvl.

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
336
Quarion wrote:
I have seen different minions have different levels. Is it possible for minons to gain ranks or do they come that way permantly (for example: I have a Fire elemental Rank 1 a friend of mine has a Fire elemental rank 4) ?


8)

Death Minions, and the Troll and Cyclops Minions of Myth School can be built up, the more Pip used giving them more Life and access to bigger Spells. I have personally seen a very high-Pip Death Minion use the Judgement Spell before, among others.

Other Minions - notably the Life School Minion and the first of the Balance School Minions - are at a fixed level of Life, power, and general ability.

Hope that helps....

Scarlet SkullHammer (Death 39, Black Cat Pet, "Shadow")

8)

Explorer
Mar 14, 2009
88
keybladeweilder wrote:
damionte wrote:
Not all minions are the same. Some minions have a fixed single number.
For instance the life minion always costs 4 pips to play and always comes in at the same strength. Myth's first minion costs 0 pips to play and always costs that much, and always comes in at the same strength.

While others get stronger the more pips you it in. Some of these have a max pip count while others do not.

For instance Myth's second and third minions get stronger as they go u but have a max pip count of 3 for the troll and 4 for the cyclops.

The Death minion has no max other than your pip max, and actually changes the monster type the more pips you put in. For instance for 1 pip you get a dark fairy 2 pips a skeletal pirate and so on. If you're a death wizard you can put a ton of pips into it, getting a minion that is a strong as a high level player with a couple thousand hit points.


No it is 1 pip is ghost 2 pip is dark fair 3 is pirate and so forth i know i got the spell
imagine if you have 14 pips and then you can summon malisture

Explorer
Feb 07, 2009
85
all i think she wants to no at least what i wanna no how do you get a rank 4 elemental

Explorer
Feb 14, 2009
73
How about being able to summon more then one minion? Never more then one of each type at a time though. If someone wanted to play solo and had gear that allowed them cards to summon 3 different minions then why not let them have all 3 out at once. Maybe add some more gear that has different types of minions too.

Survivor
Jan 01, 2009
21
I maxed out the Death Minion with 7 Power Pips and got a Wraith called Death Incarnate (forget the level). Minions are not limited by school for their spells, my Minions typically use dark fairy for 1 pip, fire elf or ghoul at 2 pips, stormshark for 3, vampire for 4 and kracken for 5.

It can be a hassle that they don't tailor their spells for their opponent and will use fire against fire types and storm against storm types, or that they will put up a death blade and a death trap then use a storm spell. I wish we had a little control over what they cast and at who, but they are minions and one thing Disney has taught us is that minions tend not to be the sharpest tools in the shed.

I tried multiple minions, especially when I was in a 3 on 1 or 4 on 1 match, but you can only have 1, a new summoning will make the old one disappear and take it's place. I do agree that if you got the spell, the pips to use and if there are open spaces, you should be able to summon another one, but it's not my game.

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
336
DarkWaters wrote:
I maxed out the Death Minion with 7 Power Pips and got a Wraith called Death Incarnate (forget the level).



I have only had dreams of pulling off a stunt like that!
What is your Power Pip rate? Near a hundred?

If you ever do it again, PLEASE post a Screenshot?!

Scarlet SkullHammer (Death 39, Black Cat Pet, "Shadow")

Survivor
Mar 10, 2009
25
Quarion wrote:
I have seen different minions have different levels. Is it possible for minons to gain ranks or do they come that way permantly (for example: I have a Fire elemental Rank 1 a friend of mine has a Fire elemental rank 4) ?


Well I'm not that high level. but as far as i have seen they are all rank 1 at least for myth so far, but i'm still low level (level 20) so i don't know all yet.