Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Minions and Ranks

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 01, 2010
I think it would be neat if we could train our minions and pick some key spells for them. Let them have their own spells instead of sprite and fire elf or whatever. Instead give them minion only spells. I am thinking something along the lines of...

Rank 1 Minion - 05 spells - Spell Limit 5
Rank 2 Minion - 08 spells - Spell Limit 10
Rank 3 Minion - 10 spells - Spell Limit 15
Rank 4 Minion - 12 spells - Spell Limit 20
Rank 5 Minion - 14 spells - Spell Limit 25
Rank 6 minion - 16 spells - Spell Limit 30

Then we could have a list of spells and points to use for them.
One example would be Rank 1 we have 5 points (for the initial 5 spells) to learn additional spells of the same type you must learn them in order.

An example of this would be, Sprite would be something like, Fire Heal (for fire minions)

Fire Heal(Rank 1) - heals target for 300 over 3 rounds 1 pip
Fire Heal(Rank 2) - heals target for 600 over 3 rounds 2 pips
Fire Heal (Rank 3) - heals target for 900 over 3 rounds 3 pips

The rank spells would not be based on the rank of the minion but based on the rank that you train them. You could put in new minion trainers through out the spiral so not all of them will have the healing spell and all will be school specific. Some may even require long and hard quests mixed with some crafting.

This is just the base of the idea. I have plenty more to add to this if you want to know more. Also it would be neat if minions could still cast in the same manner in which they do now just with more personality!

I think this will add some individuality along with the increase of people using their minions more.

Please let me know what you think, if you like or dislike the idea and why.

Defender
Sep 11, 2010
Defender
Dec 01, 2010
Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009
I love the idea! My minion can barely do anything, although it has been a big help. I REALLY hope KI adds your idea to wizard101!

Defender
Dec 01, 2010
Someone mentioned to me that this would hurt myth wizards because they have so many minions. My reply to them is

In my mind, Myth would have more variety of minions and can train them to be better so your low rank minion spells would not be obsolete. You also would get special bonuses to and from them for being myth. Where as fire only has the fire elemental and Storm has the Water elemental but myth will still have the variety they do now.

I hope this helps you understand my idea better.

Defender
Dec 01, 2010
Defender
Dec 01, 2010
I haven't seen any replies to this in a while Thought I'd send it to the front page to get some fresh ideas and opinions. I hope people like my idea