Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Minions

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 17, 2009
I am sure this has been brought up before, I don't get on the forums too often. Is there a way to possible make the minions a little smarter? Mines kept using sprite on himself with full health when I was dying ( I died later in the battle). He used elemental shield on me and then on himself with 3 sprites. Thats all he used on me is 1 elemental shield. If you ask me the point in summoning a minion is to get some assistance in battle, what he was doing was not assisting me in any way. This was the storm minion, Is he supposed to be like that?

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
There have been several improvements to the minions over the last few months, but it is true, the minions are still making ignorant choices. Henchmen don't make the greatest decisions in the world either, but when compared to minions, they rock. I too would like continued improvements, since it doesn't seem like any minions intend to be upgraded (besides Myth of course). By upgrade, I mean upgraded spells (like how the new 55 spells work), not a change in roles (like storm minions attacking). An example would be the storm minion. If the storm minion's role is to attract attention away from the storm wizard, it would be nice if the storm minion could get increased health and the ability to add Pixie or something similar (maybe even Mega-Taunt?). The storm minion still has the same base health from Marleybone days and simply shielding them is having little effect against enemies that now cast level 48 spells against them. Like the 55 spells, I believe we should complete quests to get these "upgraded" minions.

However, if "upgrades" are not possible, then changing the AI for more survivability is a plus too. Having the storm minion taunt first, then shielding and healing would definitely be a step up.