Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Minion Minior Changes

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 09, 2010
Hello, as you can see the title say minor changes. There will be minor changes until the very end.

1. This change will add a new spell to the Helpful Mander minion. If you allow this change the Helpful Mander minion will have the spell Helping Hands added to his spell deck. The spell seems perfect. You might say that this makes the Mander minion overpowered. The Mander minion only has 300 health and will most likely be defeated in battle before being able to heal himself, the point of the spell is to heal other players, henchmen, or minions. You also might say that Helping Hands is a higher level spell. You would be correct, but its not the only high level spell the Mander minion has. The Mander Minion has Donate Power, a level 33 balance spell. You can look at it any way you want, but its still an extremely high level spell for a minion. I don't see why it can't be a part of the Helpful Mander minion's spell deck.

2. This next one I think a lot of people will agree with. The Water Elemental Minion should have the spell stormblade. I don't think people appreciate the way the Water Elemental Minion functions. Its a full on support. It use shields, sprites, and taunts to keep taking hits for you. I think it has very few spells even for a support minion. The spell stormblade would blend perfectly with its style. It already has storm trap and stormblade is only a level 12 spell. It wouldn't disrupt the flow of the Water Elemental's style. It would be perfect for this minion

3. This one may be of a surprise. The Ice Guardian should know the spell tower shield. The Ice Guardian is a perfect example of a good minion. It has a good amount of unique spells to chip away at enemy's health. So why is it on this list? Simple, chipping away at players health is the most commonly used strategy for NPCs. About 55% of enemies you come across chip away at your health and maybe every once and a while they may cast a blade or trap, but what makes them different from the Ice Guardian? They can also defend. Here's an example, the Rotting Fodder has some damage spells, but also has the spell myth shield. The Ice guardian's problem is that it has 400 health and cannot defend its self what so ever. That might not seem like a big deal at first, but the Ice Guardian is chipping away at their health which gets there attention. Next, the enemy starts attacking the Ice Guardian. It only has 400 health so with a cyclops spell and a fire cat spell its defeated. The tower shield seems like the best option.

4. This is the big change. I think all level 75 minion spells should be allowed in pvp. I don't understand why they cannot be allowed in the arena, they worked long and hard to earn there level 75 minion spell. There not that strong, usually there best spell is the 7 pip spell and by that time the spell caster can cast spells that do a lot more damage, they are usually on there 9 pip spell. I can't write a long statement on this due to limits on typing. I can type no more.