Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

merging inc & out going healing stat

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 16, 2009
okay i had this brilliant idea that incoming and out going healing should be merged in to one stat only for life wizards while the other schools are only allowed incoming bonus healing i feel this would be a huge improvement for both pvp and pve but this would also make life wizards more unique when compared to the other schools and i see no harm what so ever in this change

Mastermind
Dec 11, 2011
Sariana1337 wrote:
okay i had this brilliant idea that incoming and out going healing should be merged in to one stat only for life wizards while the other schools are only allowed incoming bonus healing i feel this would be a huge improvement for both pvp and pve but this would also make life wizards more unique when compared to the other schools and i see no harm what so ever in this change

I like that, however, how will we do this exactly? If in/out is one stat, how do we tell the difference?

-Gtafreak101

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
Sariana1337 wrote:

Seriously enough with trying to change life wizards. They are fine the way they are. The only possible thing that a life wizard should demand would be a DoT, though I believe if they get this then storm would have to gain one also. (I don't count storm elf)

So just please stop trying to make your school op. It just got gs which life needed now please stop complaining and let the next school get fixed up. I would expect either storm or death to be getting something in the near future.

Defender
Dec 16, 2009
now in no way shape or form will this make life OP all this will do is allow life wizards to heal there teammates for the same amount that they can heal them selves for this actually will not in any form increase the amount of healing that the life wizards reseve

now my bonus inc healing is currently 67%

now with the change should they merge inc and out going healing this will not actually increase the amount above but will simply allow life wizards to heal there teammates for the same amount so both inc and out going will be the same here's what it will look like and an example of what you see now

inc healing 67% / out going healing 0%

new stat bonus healing after the merge

Bonus healing (67%)
this one stat will serve as both inc and out going
the amount i can heal my self for will still be 67% but i will also be able to heal my teammates for 67% and this new change will benefit both pvp and pve

now snowyandspots if you don't want me to be able to heal you for the same amount i can heal my self well then thats your problem not mine i'm sure there are plenty of wizards who would love to be healed for 67% more then what they can do them selves

Defender
Dec 16, 2009
I like that, however, how will we do this exactly? If in/out is one stat, how do we tell the difference?

-Gtafreak101

you will notice that when a life wizard heals you the heal is much larger then when you heal your self but when the life wizard heals them self it will still be the same as when they healed you

now my bonus inc healing as i mentioned before is 67%
so my satyr's standard heal when i heal my self heals me for about 1445
with out boosts such as guiding light or brilliant light now for the sake of argument lets say you don't have any bonus inc or out going healing in which case my satyr will also heal you for 1445 should the change take place

current satyr heals self for 1445

current satyer heals you for 860

after the change

satyr heals self for 1445

satyr heals you for 1445

in no way will this make life wizards OP

now for the other schools to keep there bonus inc healing it will have to be changed some as well so that there bonus inc healing only effects there spells not the life wizard who is currently trying to heal them it will have to be changed and given a new name

it will be called self heal and will only effect your spells and your spells alone and in no way will it effect my heals when i heal you

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
Sariana1337 wrote:
now in no way shape or form will this make life OP all this will do is allow life wizards to heal there teammates for the same amount that they can heal them selves for this actually will not in any form increase the amount of healing that the life wizards reseve

now my bonus inc healing is currently 67%

now with the change should they merge inc and out going healing this will not actually increase the amount above but will simply allow life wizards to heal there teammates for the same amount so both inc and out going will be the same here's what it will look like and an example of what you see now

inc healing 67% / out going healing 0%

new stat bonus healing after the merge

Bonus healing (67%)
this one stat will serve as both inc and out going
the amount i can heal my self for will still be 67% but i will also be able to heal my teammates for 67% and this new change will benefit both pvp and pve

now snowyandspots if you don't want me to be able to heal you for the same amount i can heal my self well then thats your problem not mine i'm sure there are plenty of wizards who would love to be healed for 67% more then what they can do them selves

There is a reason why we have inc and out going heals. Simply it's a matter of give or take. If you aim to go with incoming then you won't have much out going. Likewise if you aim for more out going you will have less incoming. If you go for both then you are bound to lose block, health, mana, damage boost, etc.

That is the reason why we have it. I don't see how this benefits pvp. Since it sounds like only life wizards would have this ability. If I am wrong please correct me otherwise refer to my first post.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
NO. If you will notice, the IN/OUT is not the same on both sides. It is up to each player, regardless of school to use gear that give them the stats they wish to use.

Some have a higher incoming with a slightly lower outgoing. If you are sending an outgoing heal, that percentage combined with the other players INCOMING works very well as it is.

There is absolutely NO reason to change this and I for one like the incoming/outgoing that I currently have on my Life wizard as well as that of my other wizards.

If you combine this, it will make HEAL OP and even more so when you crit on a heal.

I can guarantee you that something like this would create a very large problem for those that PvP. So NO. Leave it alone.

Defender
Dec 16, 2009
this should be a no brainer for life wizards because we are healers. and as healers we shouldn't be forced to sacrifice inc for out going. as we are team players and as team players/healers we need certain things. to support our team and as a life wizard and as a pvper this would help me and other life wizards. who do 2v2 3v3 4v4 now i do 2v2 and i rarely attack. if at all the most attacks i might do 1 or 2 close to the end of the match. to finish it but in 2v2 i pretty much cover the healer roll this is about how i play in 2v2.

healer 95%
damage dealer 5%

and it has come to my attention that the out going healing stat has become completely useless. because if you think about it if every one on your team has bonus inc healing. then out going healing is obsolete here's how i see it
i will use 4v4 as an example. now in a 4v4 should all members of your team have say 50% bonus to inc. healing and for the sake of argument we will say i do as well so we all have 50% inc healing. bonus now lets say because we all have that 50% that my heals are now healing the hole team say a satyr is doing 1200. to the hole team as a base heal where as if i where to go with 50% out going and my team where to have no bonus healing. i lose allot of healing and my team gets healed for the same amount as before where as the healing i get is 50% less.

now lets say i still when't with 50% out going healing and my team when't with 50% inc well my heals on my team are now 100%. but my heals on my self are bonus 0% and no self respecting life wizard would do that. the only case this would be acceptable to any life wizard is if there where 2 life wizards on that 4v4 team with the same setup. in which case both life wizards are only getting 50% bonus healing and the other 2 team mates are getting 100% bonus. now lets do that in reveres now as a life wizard i avoid out going healing because of this at all costs.

now lets say both life wizards go with 50% inc healing and the other 2 team mates go with 50% out going in which case the healing the life wizards are getting is 100% and the other 2 team mates are getting 50% i see no reason at all why the hole team cant get 100% bonus healing

now common sense tells me that the team is better off if they all go with 50% bonus inc healing. on there gear in which case the life wizards can make up for the loss of the other 50% out going. with brilliant light guiding light and sanctuary as well as a troll ear pendant. in this case the hole team is getting 200% bonus healing which renders the out going healing play style utterly useless. so in a way this change is already here KI just needs to make it official.

gear 50%
guiding light 30%
brilliant light 30%
troll ear 40%
sanctuary 50%

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Are you seriously trying to turn PvP totally upside down? As a Life wizard myself, I have seen what my inc/out can do and it works VERY WELL.

But do you really want to go up against another team of 4v4 with 2 life wizards on each team with this kind of healing stats. I don't think so. Something like this would cause a match to last indefinitely. That is what was happening with Guardian Spirit and why it was nerfed.

There is a reason KI set the stats the way they did. And this idea is just plainly not practical for PvP or PvE.

I honestly don't get where you can say outgoing is completely useless. Did you ever stop to think at what levels wizards start getting inc/out stats? If you are in a dungeon with a wizard that is not yet to those levels, then the outgoing is a benefit to them.

But combining these is just something that will create more problems that most of us don't want to see. PvP has had enough problems as it is and this would just create more. I can guarantee you that many PvPers DO NOT want to see the opposing team with a 200% heal. And they DO NOT want to seen a battle go on indefinitely.

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
The out going heal will stack with the other persons incoming heal. This will give them a bigger heal. Simple as it goes.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Snowyandspots wrote:
The out going heal will stack with the other persons incoming heal. This will give them a bigger heal. Simple as it goes.

Quite right, they do stack.

Defender
Nov 21, 2010
Another perfect idea perfect idea
This time Sariana1337 want free out heal boost without sacrificing her other stats. While other schools need to equip items just for in+out and sacrifice a lot power pip chance, damage, defense and max life. Life wizard can have them both super heal with no other sacrifice.
How about the previous idea to remove healing from other schools to make life special?

Defender
Dec 16, 2009
so how exactly would this make life wizards OP? and create a huge problem
because the way i see this change is already here if i have 67% INC bonus healing with my gear and you have 67% bonus INC now seeing as i actually do have 67% bonus INC healing i can critical a satyr for 10.000 with sanctuary and charms up now that being the case i can heal you for the same amount

so basically if both wizards have the same amount of inc then there is no need for either to have out going because with both wizards having 67% INC i can critical a rebirth for 7.5K on both of us

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Sariana1337 wrote:
so how exactly would this make life wizards OP? and create a huge problem
because the way i see this change is already here if i have 67% INC bonus healing with my gear and you have 67% bonus INC now seeing as i actually do have 67% bonus INC healing i can critical a satyr for 10.000 with sanctuary and charms up now that being the case i can heal you for the same amount

so basically if both wizards have the same amount of inc then there is no need for either to have out going because with both wizards having 67% INC i can critical a rebirth for 7.5K on both of us

Sarianna, it really makes no difference what you can Crit a heal for. You and anyone else you heal is only going to receive a certain amount.

Those stats are based on certain gear, and other factors that DO NOT apply to ALL players. I don't need a criticaled rebirth to hit 7.5k and neither does anyone else nor do we need a satyr to crit at 10k.

And as I have already stated, this would not be acceptable in PvP and I don't think everyone would accept it in PvE. I know I don't. What is the point to playing if you have life wizards that can do something like this? It makes them virtually un-defeatable and there would be absolutely NO challenge. The hardcore gamers would also be complaining. There would be no point in playing the game anymore. Just leave it alone. KI has the stats set the way they are for a reason.