Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Menu chat and cheating bosses.

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jul 24, 2015
When grabbing groups at the kiosk, I sometimes end up with a muted player. This is frequently a problem for everyone else on the team due to limitations of menu chat. I have frequently come across players who will drop from a Team rather than completing a dungeon with a muted player.

As an example, I may ask players to wait until I'm done with traps or blades before attacking.

The best solution, allowing mute players to read all white text, has already been offered up and rejected due to child safety. The next best solution would be to add extra menu chat text:

Examples:
Blades will not work with this fight.
Traps will not work with this fight.
Heals will not work with this fight.
Feints will not work with this fight.
Negative Charms will not work with this fight.
Please don't hit yet.
Would someone cast shatter?

Delver
Jun 14, 2016
Perhaps "Would someone cast ..." > ["Pierce", "Shatter", "Feint", etc.]
And "Hit this turn".
"Turn 1", "Turn 2", ...

Defender
Feb 28, 2013
Liam Wyrmhammer on Sep 28, 2016 wrote:
When grabbing groups at the kiosk, I sometimes end up with a muted player. This is frequently a problem for everyone else on the team due to limitations of menu chat. I have frequently come across players who will drop from a Team rather than completing a dungeon with a muted player.

As an example, I may ask players to wait until I'm done with traps or blades before attacking.

The best solution, allowing mute players to read all white text, has already been offered up and rejected due to child safety. The next best solution would be to add extra menu chat text:

Examples:
Blades will not work with this fight.
Traps will not work with this fight.
Heals will not work with this fight.
Feints will not work with this fight.
Negative Charms will not work with this fight.
Please don't hit yet.
Would someone cast shatter?
I agree, something needs to be done to allow us to speak to muted players about the fight.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
No Traps on X
No Blades
No Shields
No Charms on X
No Healing

At a bare minimum those would cover a large majority of cheat fights.

Survivor
Jul 08, 2011
This is a great idea. This has become a problem, especially with waterworks and darkmoor, as the cheats can get a little complicated.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Explorer
Dec 12, 2012
Agreed! I'm a menu chat user (no hates) and I have trouble communicating with everybody! I have to say "no" to my friends to make them not use that spell, when I always want her to attack. And I can't say focus attack on somebody, because I want my friend to use a multi attack spell. She's a level 110 ice and she's menu chat just like me, so we understand one another. But, back to the topic, I love this idea!!! Keep up the good work