Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Medusa Stone

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 25, 2013
Okay Guys I Have an idea. you guys know the fact that medusa stuns you for 2 rounds right? so how about when medusa attacks you your character turns to stone and after 2 rounds you break out of the stone and you receive a stun block
that cool? :D

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Yes, that's cool, but would take a lot of time to animate and code for just one spell. Cool idea though!

Champion
Feb 06, 2010
KristanSlxys on Aug 24, 2016 wrote:
Okay Guys I Have an idea. you guys know the fact that medusa stuns you for 2 rounds right? so how about when medusa attacks you your character turns to stone and after 2 rounds you break out of the stone and you receive a stun block
that cool? :D
That's funny that you say that, I was thinking the same thing for frost giant or winter moon, only your frozen in a block of ice!!!

Survivor
Mar 25, 2013
Blaze03554 on Aug 29, 2016 wrote:
That's funny that you say that, I was thinking the same thing for frost giant or winter moon, only your frozen in a block of ice!!!
Wow :D You 2 Should Make Topics On That! Winter Moon And Frost Giant Should Be Block Of Ice

Survivor
Mar 25, 2013
exp613 on Aug 25, 2016 wrote:
Yes, that's cool, but would take a lot of time to animate and code for just one spell. Cool idea though!
Why Though? How Would It Be Hard

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
KristanSlxys on Aug 29, 2016 wrote:
Why Though? How Would It Be Hard
You'd have to change the texture of every item that each character is wearing: so basically all equipment, all player models and all mobs. It would take too much time/can you code all that? You also have to freeze the character during their hit cycle animation.

It might be easier if it were a giant block of stone or a color filter that went over the character, but even then I don't think that it would be worth it just for the one spell, unless all the other spells get an update as per your new post suggests.

Survivor
Mar 25, 2013
exp613 on Aug 30, 2016 wrote:
You'd have to change the texture of every item that each character is wearing: so basically all equipment, all player models and all mobs. It would take too much time/can you code all that? You also have to freeze the character during their hit cycle animation.

It might be easier if it were a giant block of stone or a color filter that went over the character, but even then I don't think that it would be worth it just for the one spell, unless all the other spells get an update as per your new post suggests.
Why Thank You For Telling Me :) And I Don't Know Coding So Sorry For Putting So Much pressure on you kingsisle and its players

Survivor
Mar 25, 2013

yeah a color filter is what I mean not like a giant block btw

Champion
Feb 06, 2010

If you ever saw the beginning of the frostbite spell, and how you are in a block of ice, that would be cool if you remained in that type of animation until your stun was over. (For frost giant, and winter moon, of course.)