Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mastery Pet Idea!

AuthorMessage
Armiger
May 10, 2010
Ok, here is an idea for a Mastery Amulet Pet.

Talents:

Gets Spritely at Teen = (Rare Talent)
Gets Spell Proof at Adult = (Epic Talent)
Gets Spell Defy at Ancient = (Epic Talent)
Ice Mastery Talent slot 4 = (Epic Talent)
Fire Mastery Talent slot 5 = (Epic Talent)
Storm Mastery Talent slot 6 = (Epic Talent)
Myth Mastery Talent slot 7 = (Epic Talent)
Death Mastery Talent slot 8 = (Epic Talent)
Life Mastery Talent slot 9 = (Epic Talent)
Balance Mastery Talent slot 10 = (Epic Talent)

The mastery talent will come when the pet reaches Epic and will be a random mastery talent. This pet will not be hatchable!

Stats for the pet are all 250 in Every Category.

Cost for this pet is 10000 crowns.

Reason for mastery talent being random is to generate revenue, so that you may not get the perfect pet, but obviously, a very helpful pet. Although, each of these pets is perfect in it's own right.

As for the look of the pet, I was thinking the new tiny lion or whatever that new fire pet is, that you can dye the colors to your liking.

Comments?

Survivor
Mar 22, 2011
darthjt wrote:

Talents:

The mastery talent will come when the pet reaches Epic and will be a random mastery talent. This pet will not be hatchable!

Reason for mastery talent being random is to generate revenue, so that you may not get the perfect pet, but obviously, a very helpful pet. Although, each of these pets is perfect in it's own right.

As for the look of the pet, I was thinking the new tiny lion or whatever that new fire pet is, that you can dye the colors to your liking.

Comments?

I'd buy it.

Survivor
Apr 25, 2011
darthjt wrote:

Talents:

Comments?

Awesome idea, although I doubt they would make this pet & if they did it would probably cost more than a regular mastery amulet.

Defender
Jul 09, 2011
This pet may be perfect in its own way but its also quite "overpowered" in its own way. A seperate Mastery Amulet costs 9950 crowns I believe ( I know that it is at least 9000 crowns) so for a few more crowns you have the possibility of getting four Mastery Amulets while being able to use all four of them at the same time. And if not four Mastery Amulet slots then you have the chance to get Spritely (a better spell than Unicorn in my opinion), two resistance raising talents and at least one Mastery Amulet. So I say no to this new pet!

Defender
Jan 25, 2009
Armiger
May 10, 2010
zelda3456147 wrote:
This pet may be perfect in its own way but its also quite "overpowered" in its own way. A seperate Mastery Amulet costs 9950 crowns I believe ( I know that it is at least 9000 crowns) so for a few more crowns you have the possibility of getting four Mastery Amulets while being able to use all four of them at the same time. And if not four Mastery Amulet slots then you have the chance to get Spritely (a better spell than Unicorn in my opinion), two resistance raising talents and at least one Mastery Amulet. So I say no to this new pet!

Ok, here is where you are misunderstanding me a little.

You will automatically get on this pet, spritely, spell proof, and spell defy.

Those talents are guaranteed! The one talent that is not guaranteed, is which mastery amulet you would get. Which is why it works, because with the amulets, you get to choose! This way, you don't but you get a great pet with great talents, but a mystery as to which mastery!

This will also increase sales in pet energy and mega snacks as everyone will want that pet at Epic as soon as humanly possible.

Defender
Jul 09, 2011
zelda3456147 wrote:
\

I do apologize Darthjt for not noticing a sentence in your post where it said the Amulet talent would only be available at Epic, although I still think it is still to powerful a pet due to it getting a healing talent and two resistance boosting talents. Once again I do apologize.

Survivor
Jun 16, 2011
Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010
wouldn't it be more exciting if you get a 1/2 chance of getting a mastery talent? then you would feel more happy? just a thought because Ki never gives good talents away in a 100% guarantee.

Delver
Aug 15, 2009
I like the idea very cool so worth speding money on...

Oh btw Spell defy is a Rare Talent, Leopard is the pet you were were try to mention.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Watsupdog,

Actually, KI has in fact guaranteed good talents on pets.

The nightmare pet, gets may cast Unicorn at teen, if purchased.
The Yuletide Angel, or whatever that pet was called, got spritely at teen.

KI, has listened to the complaints of people that have spent lots and lots of money on pets, only to waste their hard earned money, so they made these pets.

Now, maybe, 10k crowns is a little cheap, considering the talents, but, since a mastery amulet that you choose is as much, for a really good pet, with a random chance on why type of mastery you get, that would be worth big bucks, not only in pets, but in mega snacks and energy too.

Davito, yes, you are correct, my apologies, Spell Defy is in fact a rare talent.

So, the pedigree of this pet, considering all the talents, and no idea what Derby talents this pet would get, could be somewhere in the 80s pedigree range. Although, since you can not hatch with this pet, I do not see the relevance of the pedigree.

Historian
May 01, 2010
Pablooooo wrote:
darthjt wrote:

Talents:

Comments?

Awesome idea, although I doubt they would make this pet & if they did it would probably cost more than a regular mastery amulet.

Actually, there is a fair chance this wont be a good pet, and have the mastery you want, and even a small chance of you might not being able to equip it (if it is programmed to be completely random...) and if you dont get the pet you want, you can find some use for an epic pet, with one bad talent, right? (unless you already have one... then I would suppose you also have a mastery amulet). Anyway one question, if you have this, would you be able to equip this, AND a mastery amulet (an ice with myth and life mastery...)

Armiger
May 10, 2010
slammer111 wrote:
Pablooooo wrote:
darthjt wrote:

Talents:

Comments?

Actually, there is a fair chance this wont be a good pet, and have the mastery you want, and even a small chance of you might not being able to equip it (if it is programmed to be completely random...) and if you dont get the pet you want, you can find some use for an epic pet, with one bad talent, right? (unless you already have one... then I would suppose you also have a mastery amulet). Anyway one question, if you have this, would you be able to equip this, AND a mastery amulet (an ice with myth and life mastery...)

Oh, great question Slammer! Yes, in fact, if you are using a Life mastery amulet and your pet gives myth mastery, you could in fact be an Ice with both Life and myth mastery....

Although, you can not equip something for the same school, so you are quite correct, a myth mastery would not help a myth, but this would also help in players starting more characters and getting more pets...

It is an interesting situation with interesting scenarios and possibilities!

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Now, there is also another option, that could be considered by KI.

Have a pet for each school mastery!

A life mastery pet, that will get the life mastery talent at Epic!
A death mastery pet, that gets the death mastery talent at Epic.
Etc and so forth.

Then you could have a different talent mix of the rest of the talents;

1: Pip 0' Plenty
2: Sharp Shot
3: Pain Giver
4: May cast DragonBlade
5: May cast Tower Shield
6: Spell Proof
7: Spritely
8: Spell Defy
9: May cast Unicorn
10: Mastery Talent that is choosen!

This pet could cost 10000 crowns or 15000 crowns.

Delver
Feb 16, 2010
This idea took a bit for me to sort through. Yes the guaranteed spell proof and spritely are fantastic, as is spell defy for those that are looking for the double resist. Not everyone wants double resist. Some prefer added accuracy or damage boosts or other may cast talents like school blades, tower shields, and unicorn. So there are other talents that might needed to be considered as possibilites to include in potentially a series of these type pets.

So the thought occured to me -- did I really want to give up some of those other desired talents for a locked in mastery talent with no way to hatch this pet? (Of course why would you spend money for a pet like this if those weren't the talents you were looking for since it is all guaranteed?) Would this pet really be worth the money spent? Bottom line after thinking this through, YES!

I have most of the mastery amulets, but I find I rarely use them except on my lower level wizards or in mob fights. Why? Because in boss fights, and even some mob fights, I usually prefer to wear a different amulet - either the feint, the balance blade amulets or school blade amulets. Those boosts help me defeat the enemy faster so that I'm less likely to need say that life mastery amulet for healing. And as far as other school mastery, I pack more power in my own school. So unless I'm fighting a lot of same school enemies (like in Hrundle Ford on my Ice wizard), I generally don't bother with out of school spells. So if I had a pet with a built in mastery talent, I could still wear my blade or feint amulets while having that pet with the backup life or other school mastery. Very helpful all around. Oh and yes Slammer and Darth - great thought on having mastery in 2 schools as well as your own primary school.

Great idea Darthjt!

Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010
darthjt wrote:
Watsupdog,

Actually, KI has in fact guaranteed good talents on pets.

The nightmare pet, gets may cast Unicorn at teen, if purchased.
The Yuletide Angel, or whatever that pet was called, got spritely at teen.

KI, has listened to the complaints of people that have spent lots and lots of money on pets, only to waste their hard earned money, so they made these pets.

Now, maybe, 10k crowns is a little cheap, considering the talents, but, since a mastery amulet that you choose is as much, for a really good pet, with a random chance on why type of mastery you get, that would be worth big bucks, not only in pets, but in mega snacks and energy too.

Davito, yes, you are correct, my apologies, Spell Defy is in fact a rare talent.

So, the pedigree of this pet, considering all the talents, and no idea what Derby talents this pet would get, could be somewhere in the 80s pedigree range. Although, since you can not hatch with this pet, I do not see the relevance of the pedigree.
Sorry for my misunderstanding i am just so used to the older pets and i never buy crowned pets anymore that's why i haven't been up to date with the talent guarantee.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
darthjt wrote:

Talents:

Comments?

Would KI make this pet so whatever wizard in equipping it that the mastery amulet won't be the same as the wizard's school? Because this could result in a very bad situation when players aren't going to be able to equip their pets because it gives a mastery to their own school.

Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010
joujou11cool wrote:
darthjt wrote:

Talents:

Comments?

Would KI make this pet so whatever wizard in equipping it that the mastery amulet won't be the same as the wizard's school? Because this could result in a very bad situation when players aren't going to be able to equip their pets because it gives a mastery to their own school.
Then transfer the pet to a different character in your account.