Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mastery Amulets Extended Effects

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 17, 2008
11
I'm sure someone has already suggested it, but I didn't see anything so I'm going to suggest it again :). Ok, because the price of the mastery amulets is so expensive, I think they should do a little more than just make us able to use power pips with whatever type of mastery amulet we are wearing. Ok, my idea is that they will also enable us to wear the clothes of the school the mastery amulet belongs to. I mean, if we are masters of the school according to our amulet, why can't we wear there clothes? Just as an example for clarification, if I am balance school, and I am wearing a storm mastery amulet, I should be able to wear balance school clothes AND storm school clothes.

Survivor
Feb 07, 2009
2
Im with you on that! I think they should lower the prices or maybe add something to them. I think thats a great idea about the clothing.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1623
e1c2m3 wrote:
I'm sure someone has already suggested it, but I didn't see anything so I'm going to suggest it again :). Ok, because the price of the mastery amulets is so expensive, I think they should do a little more than just make us able to use power pips with whatever type of mastery amulet we are wearing. Ok, my idea is that they will also enable us to wear the clothes of the school the mastery amulet belongs to. I mean, if we are masters of the school according to our amulet, why can't we wear there clothes? Just as an example for clarification, if I am balance school, and I am wearing a storm mastery amulet, I should be able to wear balance school clothes AND storm school clothes.


I think only being able to wear the robe would be good for storm wizards would abuse this.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
1617
e1c2m3 wrote:
I'm sure someone has already suggested it, but I didn't see anything so I'm going to suggest it again :). Ok, because the price of the mastery amulets is so expensive, I think they should do a little more than just make us able to use power pips with whatever type of mastery amulet we are wearing. Ok, my idea is that they will also enable us to wear the clothes of the school the mastery amulet belongs to. I mean, if we are masters of the school according to our amulet, why can't we wear there clothes? Just as an example for clarification, if I am balance school, and I am wearing a storm mastery amulet, I should be able to wear balance school clothes AND storm school clothes.


um waterworks gear

someone could use a mix of theres and ww gear from another school

not good

Defender
Nov 19, 2009
127
Option 1: Craft gear for the boosts in your primary and secondary school. Train Colossal and use it on your spells.

Option 2: Make a wizard you want to be your secondary school and level him/her. Train Colossal and use it own your spells.

The Trilegend

Cowan Nightblood - 63 Sorcerer
Colin Mistblood - 68 Diviner
Mason Fireforge - 60 Pyromancer

Explorer
Jun 19, 2009
57
I wouldn't want to go against a storm wearing ice gear *shivers*

Maybe you could use rings and athames from other schools ONLY?

Delver
Apr 12, 2011
248
if you think of it in that sense why cant we learn their spells like ones you cant train and why dont we do their quest for them simple each sxhool is different and they will not unit the schools in that way ti would lead to complaints like

i want balance ww gear and keep getting storm
or some people would complain about other schools wearing clothes especially made for that school

think about this post carefully

Defender
Jul 09, 2011
113
I don't think is a good idea at all.The Master Amulets already let you use power pips for another school and I think it should stay that way.Plus it would make some wizards basically invincible.Imagine a Storm wizard takes his Skyscream Hood, combines it with the Frostbit Robe and Boots, a Life Mastery Amulet and viola, a nearly invincible Diviner.

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
370
We have dual-class gear, you know. I personally have a Balance Mastery amulet, and carry around two sets of gear. One for my primary class, and one that boosts Balance as well.

There's also quite a lot of all-class gear that provides bonusses to secondary schools.

Survivor
Dec 17, 2008
11
zelda3456147 wrote:
I don't think is a good idea at all.The Master Amulets already let you use power pips for another school and I think it should stay that way.Plus it would make some wizards basically invincible.Imagine a Storm wizard takes his Skyscream Hood, combines it with the Frostbit Robe and Boots, a Life Mastery Amulet and viola, a nearly invincible Diviner.


With such new and powerful combination, it would lead us to have to make our own new and powerful combinations. We would have to think outside the box instead of relying on our usual dueling strategies.

Survivor
Dec 17, 2008
11
blaze552563 wrote:
if you think of it in that sense why cant we learn their spells like ones you cant train and why dont we do their quest for them simple each sxhool is different and they will not unit the schools in that way ti would lead to complaints like

i want balance ww gear and keep getting storm
or some people would complain about other schools wearing clothes especially made for that school

think about this post carefully


Well, you are still not the class of the wizard that the type of mastery amulet you are wearing is, so you still can't learn their specialty spells. And if you are wearing only their clothes, oh well, the people complaining can get a mastery amulet and only wear that school's clothes, as well. Maybe it will liven up the duels instead of using only our learned strategies.

Survivor
Dec 17, 2008
11
MILANUP1 wrote:
I wouldn't want to go against a storm wearing ice gear *shivers*

Maybe you could use rings and athames from other schools ONLY?


I do understand what you mean, but the athames and rings of each particular school don't really give that much of a powerful enough boost to even be worth adding to the effects. On the other hand, since people seem to think that being able to wear all the clothes of another school is way too much of an added effect, maybe just the slight extra variety of being able to use the school's athames and rings is perfect. So, haha idk which side to take.

Defender
Dec 25, 2008
125
Ok, my idea is that they will also enable us to wear the clothes of the school the mastery amulet belongs to. I mean, if we are masters of the school according to our amulet, why can't we wear there clothes? Just as an example for clarification, if I am balance school, and I am wearing a storm mastery amulet, I should be able to wear balance school clothes AND storm school clothes.
I don't agree with the gear thing. Ok so you have an ice with a base health of a lot more than a base health of a storm would be. You give them a matery amulet for storm and they have storm gear. You are then creating a storm with a lot more health. Sure the gear won't give as much health as normal ice gear, but an ice will have such a high base health it doesn't matter. The gear thing could never work. No one would want to be storm they would make an ice with that amulet. Well everyone would be ice with an amulet. Because you still get all the bonuses from the gear that is meant for the original school AND have the extra health because you are ban ice with a much higher base health. Just not possible, Sorry dude. I do like the idea, but there are too many flaws with it htat people could use to make life easier.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
1473
There's already controversy over Mastery Amulets. I think they should just stay as is; I feel the price is fair for what it provides. If anything, they should come with a card according to your level.

Survivor
Dec 17, 2008
11
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
There's already controversy over Mastery Amulets. I think they should just stay as is; I feel the price is fair for what it provides. If anything, they should come with a card according to your level.


Yea, I also think the idea of getting a card with it would be good. Since most people seem to be against the idea of being able to wear their gear, that card idea would be a nice addition without unbalaning the entire game like most people are worried about.