Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Master spell ideas

AuthorMessage
A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Note: Any opinion is allowed in this, good nor bad, whatever your opinion goes with.

Ok, so these spells would follow in the master area, so, what I chose is level 44? If you have a more suggestive idea that would possibly suit the next storyline, expansion of Wysteria, the next world, so and so, then please say it. Well, here I go!

Fire:
Charcoal: Casts a trap on all of the enemies (the trap adds an extra 2 rounds for a burn on the enemy if using a DoT). Pip cost 2.
Animation: Black trap with red flames on each side.
Storm:
Charge: A Storm AoE would target one enemy and attack 2 times on that one (Yes, it would have to be a trap, and yes) Pip cost 5
Animation: Storm Trap
Ice:
Frost Breath: 440 damage & + 35% Ice Trap on enemy. Pip cost 6
Animation: A snowstorm comes in and it combines making a blue dragon with icy scales. The dragon then takes a breath and shoots out icy winds with ice shards in it, attacking the wizard.
Myth:
Sayanara Aura: Dismisses targets aura (Star spell). Pip cost 1
The aura disappears (faints away)
Life:
Thief Pig: Snatches (Steals) a HoT (Healing over Time). Pip cost 2
Animation:A ninja pig with green gear jumps and tackles the opposing wizard, then turns around and shoots out a green beam at the user, and the HoT moves to the user of the Thief Pig.
Death:
Sorrow and Pain: -50% heals, -15% accuracy, -25% damage on all enemies. Pip cost 6
Animation: 3 negative charms go on the opponents
Balance:
Duststorm: 360 damage all enemies & -25% accuracy. Pip cost 5
A darkened Sandstorm (A little more dark brown and bigger then the normal Sandstorm spell) attacks all wizards and then shoots out a ray of dust on each enemy.

Please tell me if any of these seem overpowered to you, and I'll research & double check and change them if they really are, and thanks for reading!

Armiger
May 10, 2010
joujou11cool wrote:
Note: Any opinion is allowed in this, good nor bad, whatever your opinion goes with.

Ok, so these spells would follow in the master area, so, what I chose is level 44? If you have a more suggestive idea that would possibly suit the next storyline, expansion of Wysteria, the next world, so and so, then please say it. Well, here I go!

Fire:
Global Warming: Casts a trap on all of the enemies (the trap adds an extra 2 rounds for a burn on the enemy if using a DoT). Pip cost 2.

Interesting Idea, but I like the idea of just a trap better than expanding an exsisting attack.

Storm:
Conduct: A Storm AoE would target one enemy and attack 4 times on that one (Yes, it would have to be a trap, and yes, this is very powerful) Pip cost 6

So, this is an AoE DoT spell? I like it, but need more info.

Ice:
Dry Ice: 440 damage & + 35% Ice Trap on enemy. Pip cost 4

So, just as powerful as Wyvern and adds a trap? Not too fond of this one.

Myth:
Sayanara Aura: Dismisses targets aura (Star spell). Pip cost 0

This one definitely needs some clarification. It cancels fortify, infallible, vengeance, mend, etc?

Life:
Snatch: Snatches (Steals) a HoT (Healing over Time). Pip cost 2

Oh my, I like this one. You are wicked. lol

Death:
Sorrow and Pain: -50% heals, -15% accuracy, -25% damage on all enemies. Pip cost 6

I take it this is an enviornmental spell? Like doom and gloom. Or is this a negative charm on all enemies?

Balance:
Duststorm: 480 damage all enemies & -25% accuracy. Pip cost 7

What exactly would the difference between this and Power Nova be?

Please tell me if any of these seem overpowered to you, and I'll research & double check and change them if they really are, and thanks for reading!

Some of them are interesting ideas, some need some work. Thanks

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
joujou11cool wrote:
Global Warming: Casts a trap on all of the enemies (the trap adds an extra 2 rounds for a burn on the enemy if using a DoT). Pip cost 2.

A newly-introduced trap that's already an AOE and for only 2 pips? Eh...nah. And I think 2 turns is a bit much.

Conduct: A Storm AoE would target one enemy and attack 4 times on that one (Yes, it would have to be a trap, and yes, this is very powerful) Pip cost 6

Attacking multiple times is Myth's Balance's medium, and this as spell puts this AOF on every enemy? This is doing way too much.

Why does Ice get an attack while Fire and Storm get utility spells? Also, this Rank 4 spell does more than Ice Wyvern (the original Rank 4 spell) acquired at Lvl. 22.

Sayonara*, and I don't think this spell is a good idea. If there ever is a spell that dispels an aura, it should be a spell everyone has access to.

Stealing health is Death's medium.

Again, way too much.

This is just a stronger version of our Rank 7 spell.

General comments: all the names make no sense.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
darthjt wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:

Fire:

Interesting Idea, but I like the idea of just a trap better than expanding an exsisting attack.

Storm:

So, this is an AoE DoT spell? I like it, but need more info.

Ice:

So, just as powerful as Wyvern and adds a trap? Not too fond of this one.

Myth:

This one definitely needs some clarification. It cancels fortify, infallible, vengeance, mend, etc?

Life:

Oh my, I like this one. You are wicked. lol

Death:

I take it this is an enviornmental spell? Like doom and gloom. Or is this a negative charm on all enemies?

Balance:

What exactly would the difference between this and Power Nova be?

Some of them are interesting ideas, some need some work. Thanks

For Conduct, that spell puts a trap on 1 enemy, and then next Storm AoE to be used will only target that enemy, but 4 times. The Ice spell should be what amount of pips do you think? 6 would be good, as it would be an equal to Colossus imo. The Myth spell dismisses an aura from the selected enemy, such as any star spell aura. The Death one would be a negative charm to all enemies, but I think I went too hard on the pips there. The difference between Duststorm and Power Nova would be that Duststorm gives a negative accuracy charm to all of the enemies while Power Nova gives a negative damage charm.

Thanks for your opinions.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
Fire: This idea seems a bit overpowered. Maybe expand the time of the spell by one round.
Storm: Depending on how much each hit does, it can be overpowered. Maybe 225x4.
Ice: This could work.
Myth: This should be an astral spell.
Life: Nice idea, but it needs a better name, as does the Storm one.
Death: Maybe as a 7 pip, 6 pip seems a bit low for all those debuffs.
Balance: Maybe not. Like AkihiroHattori said, it's basically Power Nova. Maybe a weaker, AoE version of Judgement?

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:

A newly-introduced trap that's already an AOE and for only 2 pips? Eh...nah. And I think 2 turns is a bit much.

Attacking multiple times is Myth's Balance's medium, and this as spell puts this AOF on every enemy? This is doing way too much.

Why does Ice get an attack while Fire and Storm get utility spells? Also, this Rank 4 spell does more than Ice Wyvern (the original Rank 4 spell) acquired at Lvl. 22.

Sayonara*, and I don't think this spell is a good idea. If there ever is a spell that dispels an aura, it should be a spell everyone has access to.

Stealing health is Death's medium.

Again, way too much.

This is just a stronger version of our Rank 7 spell.

General comments: all the names make no sense.

No, the Fire spell adds 2 rounds to an AoE, and it works as a trap on all enemies, ugh wait, I should change that to a blade! The Storm spell is a trap on 1 enemy that works for only Storm spells, and then next Storm AoE to hit will only attack that one wizard, but 4 times. Hopefully there's a Life wizard in that team! Fire and Storm get utility spells because those spells affect their damage from their normal spells, and if you have a better idea then an Ice spell, by all means! Ok, I'll change that Dry Ice pip cost to 6 now. Thank you for the clarification of how to spell sayonara, and it doesn't dispel an aura but it removes an aura from the enemy, and Myth is supposed to remove shields,blades, etc; so I thought of that idea. Stealing health is Death's medium, yes, but same as how DoT's is Fire's medium, and many other schools now retain the power to use those, and the Life spell steals a HoT, not health, it's opposing to Triage. Sorrow and Pain isn't too much, it's a negative charm on the enemies, and it costs 6 pips, so that's fair. Duststorm wouldn't necessarily be a stronger version of Power Nova, because it does the same damage, but lowers the opponent's accuracy instead of lowering the opponent's damage, but I think a spell like that is too strong at level 44, so it will be changed.

The spell names do make sense:
Global Warming causes fires in some places, doesn't it? And it can also make fires stronger and bigger.
Conduct has its name to it because lightning is attracted to stuff when it's conducted, so the AoE will 'conduct' on one enemy.
Dry Ice I made to set a trap because when you touch dry ice in real life, your hand freezes, so the frozen part on the enemy would be considered a trap.
Sayonara Aura also has its name to it because sayonara means goodbye/bye, and the other player would have to say goodbye to his/her aura.
Snatch is obvious, it steals a HoT, and snatch means steal.
Sorrow and Pain, well, I understand your point on that :? But, the sorrow part could work..?
Duststorm, well, there is Sandstorm, and dust goes into your eyes, paining it, and that's why it reduces your opponents accuracy.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
joujou11cool wrote:
No, the Fire spell adds 2 rounds to an AoE, and it works as a trap on all enemies, ugh wait, I should change that to a blade!

Uh...yeah. Isn't that what I said? And the same problems still apply.

The Storm spell is a trap on 1 enemy that works for only Storm spells, and then next Storm AoE to hit will only attack that one wizard, but 4 times. Hopefully there's a Life wizard in that team!

Okay, so it is set on one enemy, not up to 4. It's till overpowered and out of place for Storm, and the fact that you even said, "Hopefully there's a Life wizard in that team!" It makes my case for me.

Fire and Storm get utility spells because those spells affect their damage from their normal spells, and if you have a better idea then an Ice spell, by all means! Ok, I'll change that Dry Ice pip cost to 6 now.

That's not a valid reason for giving Fire and Storm utility spells, and it's not my job to think of better Ice spells for you.

Thank you for the clarification of how to spell sayonara, and it doesn't dispel an aura but it removes an aura from the enemy, and Myth is supposed to remove shields,blades, etc; so I thought of that idea.

You're welcome, and I meant 'dispel' in its general sense. I wasn't assuming the spell was a dispel for star school in the case that Strangle dispels Life. Also, Myth doesn't deal with charms; only wards. Even if what you're saying is true, the Astral magics are different from the schools.

Stealing health is Death's medium, yes, but same as how DoT's is Fire's medium, and many other schools now retain the power to use those, and the Life spell steals a HoT, not health, it's opposing to Triage.

DoTs have been a hot topic in this Forum since KI started making it a point that one of Fire's mediums is DoTs. Technically, by stealing a HoT marker you are stealing health from that wizard. And I don't even know why you mentioned Triage, which eliminates DoT markers.

Sorrow and Pain isn't too much, it's a negative charm on the enemies, and it costs 6 pips, so that's fair.

The downfall is that the spell casts 3 negative charms on more than one target. One (Plague, or the -25% damage) that's more powerful than it usually is when it's supposed to be the opposite, one (Infection, or the -50% healing) that does the exact same amount of damage that it's does when it should be weaker, and one (the -15% accuracy) that doesn't even have anything to do with Death.

Duststorm wouldn't necessarily be a stronger version of Power Nova, because it does the same damage, but lowers the opponent's accuracy instead of lowering the opponent's damage, but I think a spell like that is too strong at level 44, so it will be changed.

The spell does 480. Power Nova, at its highest, does 470. just sayin'.

The spell names do make sense:

Sure they do...

Global Warming causes fires in some places, doesn't it? And it can also make fires stronger and bigger.

Forest fires are a distant aftereffect of global warming, and even so how does global warming relate to the Fire spell?

Conduct has its name to it because lightning is attracted to stuff when it's conducted, so the AoE will 'conduct' on one enemy.

That's not what 'conduction' means.

Dry Ice I made to set a trap because when you touch dry ice in real life, your hand freezes, so the frozen part on the enemy would be considered a trap.

Your reasoning is reading more Frostbite than "dry ice".

Sayonara Aura also has its name to it because sayonara means goodbye/bye, and the other player would have to say goodbye to his/her aura.

What does Myth have to do with Japan? Why not Adios Aura? Paka Aura? Adieu Aura? Zaijian Aura? Valete Aura? I could go on, but I think you see my point.

Snatch is obvious, it steals a HoT, and snatch means steal.

But Snatch is so ambiguous...and suggestive. I'll just leave it at that.

Sorrow and Pain, well, I understand your point on that :? But, the sorrow part could work..?

Nope, sorry. It comes off sounding like Gloom and Doom.

Duststorm, well, there is Sandstorm, and dust goes into your eyes, paining it, and that's why it reduces your opponents accuracy.

So this is an update of Sandstorm?

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Uh...yeah. Isn't that what I said? And the same problems still apply.

Hopefully this is a way to quote...
Adding rounds to a DoT doesn't make it 'overpowered'. You obviously have only 28 resist then, so you die off fast, 2 rounds extra to a DoT, to the side to that, Triage would remove the entire effect of the DoT anyways, so that would be your problem for not using spells open to you at the bazaar.

Okay, so it is set on one enemy, not up to 4. It's till overpowered and out of place for Storm, and the fact that you even said, "Hopefully there's a Life wizard in that team!" It makes my case for me.

Getting hit by 4 attacks at the same time would be powerful, yes, but if you actually read the pip cost, it's quite understanding.

That's not a valid reason for giving Fire and Storm utility spells, and it's not my job to think of better Ice spells for you.

Really? Ok, then I'll list a bunch of other reasons why Fire and Storm get utility spells:
At level 33, did all schools get attacks? Oh, no they didn't! You can go complain about that then. At level 48, a quest spell, did all schools receive attacks? Complain about that too! Just because it's not an attack doesn't mean that it's useless, because none of these spells are. The list goes on and on, and it would take me forever to write all of the different spells that each different school got at the same level, see my point now?

You're welcome, and I meant 'dispel' in its general sense. I wasn't assuming the spell was a dispel for star school in the case that Strangle dispels Life. Also, Myth doesn't deal with charms; only wards. Even if what you're saying is true, the Astral magics are different from the schools.

Yes, the astral magic are different then the other schools, but why does Insane Bolt hit Moon damage? It's different then the Ravenwood Schools isn't it? Even if my reasoning might come out useless, it's still an interesting spell to use, you have to admit.

DoTs have been a hot topic in this Forum since KI started making it a point that one of Fire's mediums is DoTs. Technically, by stealing a HoT marker you are stealing health from that wizard. And I don't even know why you mentioned Triage, which eliminates DoT markers.

I mentioned Triage because Triage would work as an opponent to this spell, and that wouldn't be stealing health, it would be stealing a heal that has already worked on the wizard for 2 rounds. Therefore, the Life wizard will be stealing the HoT, and the Life wizard will be healed for 2 rounds. Why do you complain about a new type of spell each time it's brought up? Can new ideas be able to be presented?

The downfall is that the spell casts 3 negative charms on more than one target. One (Plague, or the -25% damage) that's more powerful than it usually is when it's supposed to be the opposite, one (Infection, or the -50% healing) that does the exact same amount of damage that it's does when it should be weaker, and one (the -15% accuracy) that doesn't even have anything to do with Death.

Yes, the spell has 3 negative charms, but that doesn't make it impossible to overcome. The pip chance is already high for this, and not all negative charms will be used, unless of a lucky Spritely if you're not Life. No, the 15% accuracy negative charm didn't have to do anything with Death, but neither did the negative accuracy charm have to do anything with Storm.

The spell does 480. Power Nova, at its highest, does 470. just sayin'.

Whoops, typo at the Duststorm spell, and I believe you posted before it was edited to 360 damage, so that's already changed.

Forest fires are a distant aftereffect of global warming, and even so how does global warming relate to the Fire spell?

Global warming causes, continues, and increases fires, just like how the fire spell continues the DoT further-along.

That's not what 'conduction' means.

Conduct is the attraction between two forces of particles (The AoE and the trap), and eventually, will clash together, just like how lightning is attracted to metal, and on the metal it will say conducts electricity, I'm pretty sure I know what conduct means.

Your reasoning is reading more Frostbite than "dry ice".

No, frostbites are when ice or snow or the cold weather and such makes a part of your body part very cold, so your skin will turn blue and I've heard peels off? Dry ice, as I've seen with my own eyes, freezes at the near-instant touch of an object, and since the dry ice would hit a wizard, the Ice Trap would resolve to the 'freezing' of the wizard.

What does Myth have to do with Japan? Why not Adios Aura? Paka Aura? Adieu Aura? Zaijian Aura? Valete Aura? I could go on, but I think you see my point.

Myth has nothing to do with Japan, which I never said. Sayonara is a Japanese word yes, but it's a relative rhyme to aura. Sayonara Aura.

But Snatch is so ambiguous...and suggestive. I'll just leave it at that.

Yes, but it gives the wizard the idea of what the spell does.

Nope, sorry. It comes off sounding like Gloom and Doom.
In a way, it was supposed to, but I can't find another name for a spell like that :?

So this is an update of Sandstorm?
In a sense, yes, but I got a little annoyed when Sandstorm did only damage and no accuracy reduction, because you're supposed to cover your eyes when in contact with sand, dust, or any of those certain specks of dirt.

Your opinions are distant from mine, but the Sorrow and Pain one, I have to admit to that greatly The Duststorm I also thought was too strong, but I understand that you posted before the 2nd edit.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
joujou11cool wrote:
Adding rounds to a DoT doesn't make it 'overpowered'. You obviously have only 28 resist then, so you die off fast, 2 rounds extra to a DoT, to the side to that, Triage would remove the entire effect of the DoT anyways, so that would be your problem for not using spells open to you at the bazaar.

Resistance has nothing to do with the fact that this spell makes DoTs overpowered, and you make it sound like Triage is a quick solution for this. First, try finding five at the Bazaar and not sitting there for hours reloading the screen. Second, if there's such a quick solution to this spell then why is it worth putting in the game in the first place?

Getting hit by 4 attacks at the same time would be powerful, yes, but if you actually read the pip cost, it's quite understanding.

The pip cost is still pretty low for this spell considering the havoc it's capable of. This spell just isn't a good idea.

Really? Ok, then I'll list a bunch of other reasons why Fire and Storm get utility spells:
At level 33, did all schools get attacks? Oh, no they didn't! You can go complain about that then. At level 48, a quest spell, did all schools receive attacks? Complain about that too! Just because it's not an attack doesn't mean that it's useless, because none of these spells are. The list goes on and on, and it would take me forever to write all of the different spells that each different school got at the same level, see my point now?

What wizards get at lvl. 33 are a reflection of their school and what spell they would get before and after. For example, a Thaumaturge would get Balefrost even though they would have gotten an attack spell before and afterwards since they're base damage is weak. A Diviner would get Darkwind even though their last spell was Windstorm because their medium is raw power and they don't really need a ton of attack spells. At Lvl. 48, the only school that didn't get an attack spell was Life, which is a special case. I'm not saying the attacks are useless (unless I have said an attack is useless); I'm just saying it's unfair at this point in the game it's established when you get attack spells and when you don't. So no, I don't see your point.

Yes, the astral magic are different then the other schools, but why does Insane Bolt hit Moon damage? It's different then the Ravenwood Schools isn't it? Even if my reasoning might come out useless, it's still an interesting spell to use, you have to admit.

Why does everyone use this excuse? Insane Bolt uses Moon damage simply because its intent is to weaken the monster or defeat the caster. It can't do either if it dealt Storm damage. And to be honest, I'm not a fan of this concept. I like my Astral spells cheap and (within reason) invulnerable.

I mentioned Triage because Triage would work as an opponent to this spell, and that wouldn't be stealing health, it would be stealing a heal that has already worked on the wizard for 2 rounds. Therefore, the Life wizard will be stealing the HoT, and the Life wizard will be healed for 2 rounds. Why do you complain about a new type of spell each time it's brought up? Can new ideas be able to be presented?

The HoT effect wouldn't necessarily have already worked for two rounds, and you still haven't explained how Life is even capable of this spell when they can't steal.

Yes, the spell has 3 negative charms, but that doesn't make it impossible to overcome. The pip chance is already high for this, and not all negative charms will be used, unless of a lucky Spritely if you're not Life. No, the 15% accuracy negative charm didn't have to do anything with Death, but neither did the negative accuracy charm have to do anything with Storm.

If it's not going to be wholly useful to the caster, why would one waste their time getting this spell in the first place? You're only digging the hole deeper for yourself when you disprove the usefulness of your own spell.

Whoops, typo at the Duststorm spell, and I believe you posted before it was edited to 360 damage, so that's already changed.

This makes it seem even more like a Sandstorm update.

Global warming causes, continues, and increases fires, just like how the fire spell continues the DoT further-along.

Just...no. That makes no sense. Change the name.

Conduct is the attraction between two forces of particles (The AoE and the trap), and eventually, will clash together, just like how lightning is attracted to metal, and on the metal it will say conducts electricity, I'm pretty sure I know what conduct means.

*facepalm* Okay...

Conduct
1. The act or method of controlling or directing
2. Skillful guidance or management; generalship.
3. The manner of guiding or carrying one's self; personal deportment; mode of action; behavior.
4. (of a literary work) Plot; action; construction; manner of development.

Conduction
1. (physics) The conveying of heat or electricity through material.

source: Wiktionary

Pick a different name.

No, frostbites are when ice or snow or the cold weather and such makes a part of your body part very cold, so your skin will turn blue and I've heard peels off? Dry ice, as I've seen with my own eyes, freezes at the near-instant touch of an object, and since the dry ice would hit a wizard, the Ice Trap would resolve to the 'freezing' of the wizard.

Exactly, which is why touching dry ice leads to frostbite. Really?

Myth has nothing to do with Japan, which I never said. Sayonara is a Japanese word yes, but it's a relative rhyme to aura. Sayonara Aura.

That's your reasoning? Whatever...

Yes, but it gives the wizard the idea of what the spell does.

Which I'm sure you can do without the suggestive name.

In a way, it was supposed to, but I can't find another name for a spell like that :?

Again, not my problem...

In a sense, yes, but I got a little annoyed when Sandstorm did only damage and no accuracy reduction, because you're supposed to cover your eyes when in contact with sand, dust, or any of those certain specks of dirt.

Well these are supposed to be "master spells", not "updated spells" (even though judging from some of these I'd think quite the opposite). Duststorm has to be changed.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Resistance has nothing to do with the fact that this spell makes DoTs overpowered, and you make it sound like Triage is a quick solution for this. First, try finding five at the Bazaar and not sitting there for hours reloading the screen. Second, if there's such a quick solution to this spell then why is it worth putting in the game in the first place?
1.Guess what, 11 Triage's, and a bunch of the Cow Pearl's Amulets.
2. Then why would KI give a DoT for Rain of Fire? Is it still useless?

The pip cost is still pretty low for this spell considering the havoc it's capable of. This spell just isn't a good idea.
Fine.

What wizards get at lvl. 33 are a reflection of their school and what spell they would get before and after. For example, a Thaumaturge would get Balefrost even though they would have gotten an attack spell before and afterwards since they're base damage is weak. A Diviner would get Darkwind even though their last spell was Windstorm because their medium is raw power and they don't really need a ton of attack spells. At Lvl. 48, the only school that didn't get an attack spell was Life, which is a special case. I'm not saying the attacks are useless (unless I have said an attack is useless); I'm just saying it's unfair at this point in the game it's established when you get attack spells and when you don't. So no, I don't see your point.

You just proved my point by saying,"A Diviner would get Darkwind even though their last spell was Windstorm because their medium is raw power and they don't really need a ton of attack spells." You just proved my point that Storm doesn't have to get all attacks. (Nice try)

I'm not talking about level 48, am I? Did you ever recall me saying these are level 48 spells? No. Level 44. It's level 44, not 78, get that in your mind. Your point was utterly useless whatsoever.

Why does everyone use this excuse? Insane Bolt uses Moon damage simply because its intent is to weaken the monster or defeat the caster. It can't do either if it dealt Storm damage. And to be honest, I'm not a fan of this concept. I like my Astral spells cheap and (within reason) invulnerable.

There's a comeback for every spell. You should know that by now, but there's not 1 comeback for the Star school. For Sun, it's Weakness/Black Mantle/Shield, for Moon, it's a disadvantage of either health or damage or resist. No block for Star. You don't see anything that blocks Star do you, so there should be a spell to take away an aura, and this is an interesting spell and would also change how you have to react with your aura (Quick thinking) It's not the end of the world for auras if this spell were to come out, sheesh.

The HoT effect wouldn't necessarily have already worked for two rounds, and you still haven't explained how Life is even capable of this spell when they can't steal.

Life can't steal? Neither can Myth, Storm, or Balance. 4/7 schools can't steal, what's so bad about making it 3/7. This isn't stealing 1 million health, it's not even stealing 1 health, really, it's stealing a HoT, which doesn't happen too often, but still can be very useful. (If meaning in reality, Life can give you life, and take it back.)

If it's not going to be wholly useful to the caster, why would one waste their time getting this spell in the first place? You're only digging the hole deeper for yourself when you disprove the usefulness of your own spell.
Lol! Not every spell is wholly useful! Look at Frozen Armor, blocks normal damage but not a drain. Is it 100% useless then? Look at Black Mantle! May/may not work, is it still 100% useless? Using a DoT with a possibility of the opponent using Triage, still useless?

This makes it seem even more like a Sandstorm update.
And your point? Isn't Regenerate an update of Sprite?

Just...no. That makes no sense. Change the name.
Darkwind doesn't make any sense either, and neither does Fuel (An example of what you're saying).

Conduct
1. The act or method of controlling or directing
2. Skillful guidance or management; generalship.
3. The manner of guiding or carrying one's self; personal deportment; mode of action; behavior.
4. (of a literary work) Plot; action; construction; manner of development.

Conduction
1. (physics) The conveying of heat or electricity through material.

source: Wiktionary

Pick a different name.

Conduct and conduction are basically the same thing, and you know I didn't mean taking leadership. To conduct, and there's conduction. I have a metal table that says 'conducts electricity' on the bottom, does that mean it leads? Does that mean that the people that made/approved the product don't know what conduct means and that you've outsmarted people with high mechanical skills?

Exactly, which is why touching dry ice leads to frostbite. Really?
Dry ice doesn't give you frostbites, it freezes you numb. Trust me I've held it and it kills, but no frostbite (My friends have held it too, no frostbites either)

That's your reasoning? Whatever...
Exactly, it's a family game not rocket science.

Which I'm sure you can do without the suggestive name.
I don't need to give it a scientific name just for it to be a spell, do I.

Again, not my problem...
Again, I never referred to you. In the first one I said if you want to come up with a better name, by all means! What do you think want means? I never said you have to, sheesh.

Well these are supposed to be "master spells", not "updated spells" (even though judging from some of these I'd think quite the opposite). Duststorm has to be changed.
Only some of these are updated spells. And just because they do basically the same thing doesn't mean it's an updated version (Oh, KI, Rain of Fire is an updated version of Fire Dragon, you should remove the spell!) So what if it is an updated version? I just gave you one.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
joujou11cool wrote:
1.Guess what, 11 Triage's, and a bunch of the Cow Pearl's Amulets.
2. Then why would KI give a DoT for Rain of Fire? Is it still useless

1. And I know this is legit because...?
2. I've seen the spell used, ad I'll say it's far from useless.

You just proved my point by saying,"A Diviner would get Darkwind even though their last spell was Windstorm because their medium is raw power and they don't really need a ton of attack spells." You just proved my point that Storm doesn't have to get all attacks. (Nice try)

I'm not talking about level 48, am I? Did you ever recall me saying these are level 48 spells? No. Level 44. It's level 44, not 78, get that in your mind. Your point was utterly useless whatsoever.

My point was that there has to be some consistency. They're either all upgraded spells, all utility spells, or all attack spells. If you start mixing them all together, people are gonna complain that they just got a new utility spell rather than an upgraded attack spell or a new attack spell. And you brought up Lvl. 33 and Lvl. 48, so I don't get why you're trying to make me look like an idiot.

There's a comeback for every spell. You should know that by now, but there's not 1 comeback for the Star school. For Sun, it's Weakness/Black Mantle/Shield, for Moon, it's a disadvantage of either health or damage or resist. No block for Star. You don't see anything that blocks Star do you, so there should be a spell to take away an aura, and this is an interesting spell and would also change how you have to react with your aura (Quick thinking) It's not the end of the world for auras if this spell were to come out, sheesh.

Just because you can find a weakness in every type of spell doesn't mean there's a spell that directly takes advantage of that weakness. Debuffs and shields weaken attacks in general, not just ones enchanted with Sun magic. Moon magic's weakness may be boost, but there's no specific spell to take advantage of that. I just don't like the idea of a dispel aura spell, especially when there's no reverse morph spell for Moon or strip enchantment for Sun, and said spell doesn't even belong to the Star school.

Life can't steal? Neither can Myth, Storm, or Balance. 4/7 schools can't steal, what's so bad about making it 3/7. This isn't stealing 1 million health, it's not even stealing 1 health, really, it's stealing a HoT, which doesn't happen too often, but still can be very useful. (If meaning in reality, Life can give you life, and take it back.)

Excuse me; I meant steal health. Now, only one school can do that. Every school has its own strengths and weaknesses, so to me, giving this spell to Life is a problem. It's not how much or how little it's stealing; it's the fact that it's a stealing spell in the first place.

Lol! Not every spell is wholly useful! Look at Frozen Armor, blocks normal damage but not a drain. Is it 100% useless then? Look at Black Mantle! May/may not work, is it still 100% useless? Using a DoT with a possibility of the opponent using Triage, still useless?

I hate to sound like a parent, but two wrongs don't make a right. I think it's our duty as players to generate ideas that are actually useful, not last-minute flops like Frozen Armor. And not everyone is gonna sit in the Bazaar to gather Triage treasure cards, and even then unless you time it just right it's a complete waste.

And your point? Isn't Regenerate an update of Sprite?

No. They're completely different spells. Just because they're the same type of spell doesn't mean one is an upgrade of the other.

Darkwind doesn't make any sense either, and neither does Fuel (An example of what you're saying).

Wind is the most important part of a storm, and the environment is dark and cloudy. Fuel directly feeds fire to make the attack linger, which happens to be Fire's medium. Global Warming would be a good name for a Fire environment spell, and I'd much prefer that to Wyldfire, but it just doesn't fit for this attack.

Conduct and conduction are basically the same thing, and you know I didn't mean taking leadership. To conduct, and there's conduction. I have a metal table that says 'conducts electricity' on the bottom, does that mean it leads? Does that mean that the people that made/approved the product don't know what conduct means and that you've outsmarted people with high mechanical skills?

Let me clarify: I'm not trying to work against you here. Those were the only definitions I found, and I checked three different dictionaries just to make sure I didn't overlook anything. Just pick a different name because this name makes no sense.

Dry ice doesn't give you frostbites, it freezes you numb. Trust me I've held it and it kills, but no frostbite (My friends have held it too, no frostbites either)

Numbing of the extremity is the first stage of frostbite. You or your friends obviously didn't hold the dry ice long enough to suffer from frostbite. Why are we talking about symptoms of extreme cold? Dry Ice doesn't make sense, and how will it even look different from Frostbite?

Exactly, it's a family game not rocket science.

Coming up with a name that makes sense is not rocket science. It's what separates the creative from the obtuse.

I don't need to give it a scientific name just for it to be a spell, do I.

Who asked you to?! Just not Snatch! KI will never go for that because of it's provocative double entendre meaning. I obviously can't say what it is, but it seems like I'd have to to get you to understand.

Only some of these are updated spells. And just because they do basically the same thing doesn't mean it's an updated version (Oh, KI, Rain of Fire is an updated version of Fire Dragon, you should remove the spell!) So what if it is an updated version? I just gave you one.

Like I said, mixing the types of spell updates is kinda unfair to the players and will cause an uproar.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1. And I know this is legit because...?
2. I've seen the spell used, ad I'll say it's far from useless.

So, you think I'm lying? I didn't waste my time just to hear that you don't believe me
Exactly how the spell (Now being named Charcoal) isn't useless, it makes the DoT last longer for a fair amount of pips, because I'm pretty sure it's only on one enemy.

My point was that there has to be some consistency. They're either all upgraded spells, all utility spells, or all attack spells. If you start mixing them all together, people are gonna complain that they just got a new utility spell rather than an upgraded attack spell or a new attack spell. And you brought up Lvl. 33 and Lvl. 48, so I don't get why you're trying to make me look like an idiot.
I brought up level 33 and 48 as examples because they have different types of spells:
AoE, one enemy, and a team heal + absorb. Another reason why I brought up level 33 and 48 is because level 44 is in between those 2. Also, level 42 has different types of spells: Sanctuary and an AoE.

Just because you can find a weakness in every type of spell doesn't mean there's a spell that directly takes advantage of that weakness. Debuffs and shields weaken attacks in general, not just ones enchanted with Sun magic. Moon magic's weakness may be boost, but there's no specific spell to take advantage of that. I just don't like the idea of a dispel aura spell, especially when there's no reverse morph spell for Moon or strip enchantment for Sun, and said spell doesn't even belong to the Star school.

No, you're right, not all spells directly take advantage of each other, but they can surely do it otherwise. This is how strategy is played, and to be honest, at level 44, Myth can have the rights to get a spell that dismisses an aura, that's relatively close to level 50. But, if you're saying that this spell should be for the Star school, then I should once again edit the main post and also add the astral schools, and make Myth's spell different, then I guess I could.

Excuse me; I meant steal health. Now, only one school can do that. Every school has its own strengths and weaknesses, so to me, giving this spell to Life is a problem. It's not how much or how little it's stealing; it's the fact that it's a stealing spell in the first place.

Actually, to how you're saying stealing health is, Fire already has the authority to do that: Steal Charm, stealing a Guiding Light would be stealing health (to what you're saying at least),and again, Life is stealing a heal, not health. If the other person wanted to heal directly without healing the opponent, then the person would have to find a direct heal (Or take a risk, wizard101 is about risks, you know).

I hate to sound like a parent, but two wrongs don't make a right. I think it's our duty as players to generate ideas that are actually useful, not last-minute flops like Frozen Armor. And not everyone is gonna sit in the Bazaar to gather Triage treasure cards, and even then unless you time it just right it's a complete waste.

Again, not every spell is 100% useful. Examples:
Power Play
Sanctuary
Doom and Gloom
Elemental Defuse
Spirit Defuse
Feint (Can be Cleanse Warded)
Brilliant Light
Bladestorm

And yet, all of these cost pips. Just because not all negative charms trigger doesn't mean it's a useless waste, because there's absolutely no way of fully getting around this spell, just some ways to get around it.

No. They're completely different spells. Just because they're the same type of spell doesn't mean one is an upgrade of the other.
Exactly how Duststorm wouldn't be an upgrade of Sandstorm.

Wind is the most important part of a storm, and the environment is dark and cloudy. Fuel directly feeds fire to make the attack linger, which happens to be Fire's medium. Global Warming would be a good name for a Fire environment spell, and I'd much prefer that to Wyldfire, but it just doesn't fit for this attack.
Names changed, waiting for edit to come through

Let me clarify: I'm not trying to work against you here. Those were the only definitions I found, and I checked three different dictionaries just to make sure I didn't overlook anything. Just pick a different name because this name makes no sense.
Repeat on top, and glad that we're on the same side.

Numbing of the extremity is the first stage of frostbite. You or your friends obviously didn't hold the dry ice long enough to suffer from frostbite. Why are we talking about symptoms of extreme cold? Dry Ice doesn't make sense, and how will it even look different from Frostbite?
Name changed, and animation idea.

Coming up with a name that makes sense is not rocket science. It's what separates the creative from the obtuse.
Changed (I have no idea what spell this was to, but I'll just say I changed it).

Who asked you to?! Just not Snatch! KI will never go for that because of it's provocative double entendre meaning. I obviously can't say what it is, but it seems like I'd have to to get you to understand.
Spelling the same thing so many times gets annoying XD.

Like I said, mixing the types of spell updates is kinda unfair to the players and will cause an uproar.
Yes, yes, just like how at level 55, you get these:
Availing Hands (Heal)
Power Link (Damage)
Supercharge (Charm)
Frozen Armor (Ward)
Talos (Minion)
Virulent Plague (Negative Charm)
Triage (Removal)

It's ok to have differences within spells, and these are my examples.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
I stopped reading after fire gets a good 40 to 60% extra damage for 2 pips and for 6 pips storm gets nothing of use (6 pips is a storm lord that typically kills).

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
I take back my last statement on storm... if a storm could place a trap that allows them to hit four times for six pips then storm could on turn four play wild bolt with a strong card on it or a tempest. Very deadly indeed, but it would likely take all challenge and any need for skill out of the game.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
seasnake wrote:
I take back my last statement on storm... if a storm could place a trap that allows them to hit four times for six pips then storm could on turn four play wild bolt with a strong card on it or a tempest. Very deadly indeed, but it would likely take all challenge and any need for skill out of the game.

I changed it to 2 strikes now, but only for a Storm AoE, it makes things a little more fair, doesn't it?

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
joujou11cool wrote:
So, you think I'm lying? I didn't waste my time just to hear that you don't believe me
Exactly how the spell (Now being named Charcoal) isn't useless, it makes the DoT last longer for a fair amount of pips, because I'm pretty sure it's only on one enemy.

No...I just didn't want to be wrong.
I'm not saying this spell is useless at all; I have a version of this spell in my spell ideas (by the way, TNT is off limits as a name). I'm saying that adding two turns to an AoE DoT is crossing the line a bit with Fire in terms of power.

I brought up level 33 and 48 as examples because they have different types of spells:
AoE, one enemy, and a team heal + absorb. Another reason why I brought up level 33 and 48 is because level 44 is in between those 2. Also, level 42 has different types of spells: Sanctuary and an AoE.

The Lvl. 33 spells were already in the game and don't adhere to the established rules of update spells, and there's nothing inaccurate about the Lvl. 48 spells (like I said, Life is an exception). I'm not talking about variation on attack type; I'm talking about how some schools get attacks and some get utility spells. Whether schools need attack spells or not is irrelevant; inconsistency leads to chaos in the game and in the Forum. Now what I don't get is why you're adding spells at Lvl. 44. Why not somewhere in the 50s? When you're a Grandmaster all you have to look forward to is your Lvl. 58 spell unless you plan on completing Grizzleheim and Wintertusk.

Anyway, back to the actual spell: my main concern here is that I've seen Storm AoEs deal well over 2000 per target. It's a spell that makes the game way too easy for a Diviner.

No, you're right, not all spells directly take advantage of each other, but they can surely do it otherwise. This is how strategy is played, and to be honest, at level 44, Myth can have the rights to get a spell that dismisses an aura, that's relatively close to level 50. But, if you're saying that this spell should be for the Star school, then I should once again edit the main post and also add the astral schools, and make Myth's spell different, then I guess I could.

Another reason these spells should be acquired some time in the 50s. Also, you have to think about all the Conjurers that don't do PvP (because that's obviously what this spell is for). They're gonna be bummed to get a spell that's of absolutely no use to them.

Actually, to how you're saying stealing health is, Fire already has the authority to do that: Steal Charm, stealing a Guiding Light would be stealing health (to what you're saying at least),and again, Life is stealing a heal, not health. If the other person wanted to heal directly without healing the opponent, then the person would have to find a direct heal (Or take a risk, wizard101 is about risks, you know).

Stealing a healing charm is completely different from stealing a HoT marker. The HoT marker is already actively healing the person it's on. That's like saying a blade is the same as a DoT marker. That being said, I get your point on the difference; it just seems completely out of character for Life. It's a school that creates and eliminates, not a school that steals. That's why I feel it would be more suited for Death (especially since I'm not a fan of the current Death spell).

Again, not every spell is 100% useful. Examples:
Power Play
Sanctuary
Doom and Gloom
Elemental Defuse
Spirit Defuse
Feint (Can be Cleanse Warded)
Brilliant Light
Bladestorm

And yet, all of these cost pips. Just because not all negative charms trigger doesn't mean it's a useless waste, because there's absolutely no way of fully getting around this spell, just some ways to get around it.

And again, why would you as a player settle for a spell that's most definitely not 100% useful being in a wizard's arsenal? You may not have a Necromancer, but I do, and I don't like this spell. There's nothing you or I can do about the flop spells that are already in the game, but you can do something about your ideas. I'm not saying develop a completely foolproof spell, but this isn't useful or necessary for me on any level, especially at 6 pips.

Exactly how Duststorm wouldn't be an upgrade of Sandstorm.

Yes, but Sprite and Regeneration have to completely different animations that don't suggest any amount of similarity. It doesn't matter how you animate Duststorm; it's gonna look like an update of Sandstorm.

Yes, yes, just like how at level 55, you get these:
Availing Hands (Heal)
Power Link (Damage)
Supercharge (Charm)
Frozen Armor (Ward)
Talos (Minion)
Virulent Plague (Negative Charm)
Triage (Removal)

It's ok to have differences within spells, and these are my examples.

And this would've been all well and good if I hadn't already mentioned these. They're the updated spells.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
No...I just didn't want to be wrong.
Trust me, no one wants to be wrong lol.

I'm not saying this spell is useless at all; I have a version of this spell in my spell ideas (by the way, TNT is off limits as a name). I'm saying that adding two turns to an AoE DoT is crossing the line a bit with Fire in terms of power.

Alright, adds 1 extra DoT round it is!

The Lvl. 33 spells were already in the game and don't adhere to the established rules of update spells, and there's nothing inaccurate about the Lvl. 48 spells (like I said, Life is an exception). I'm not talking about variation on attack type; I'm talking about how some schools get attacks and some get utility spells. Whether schools need attack spells or not is irrelevant; inconsistency leads to chaos in the game and in the Forum. Now what I don't get is why you're adding spells at Lvl. 44. Why not somewhere in the 50s? When you're a Grandmaster all you have to look forward to is your Lvl. 58 spell unless you plan on completing Grizzleheim and Wintertusk.

Anyway, back to the actual spell: my main concern here is that I've seen Storm AoEs deal well over 2000 per target. It's a spell that makes the game way too easy for a Diviner.

For the amount of 5 pips, and only makes the AoE hit twice on one opponent, and does not attack the rest of the opponents is overpowered? You're only focusing on 1 enemy and no one else that way, I don't get how that's overpowered. (Storm wizards only hit 2000 if the person is lame and thinks that shields are for noobs).

Another reason these spells should be acquired some time in the 50s. Also, you have to think about all the Conjurers that don't do PvP (because that's obviously what this spell is for). They're gonna be bummed to get a spell that's of absolutely no use to them.

Actually, there are many bosses/mobs/pigs that do use auras. This spell would be one of those, ah, occasional spells such as Steal Ward and such.

Stealing a healing charm is completely different from stealing a HoT marker. The HoT marker is already actively healing the person it's on. That's like saying a blade is the same as a DoT marker. That being said, I get your point on the difference; it just seems completely out of character for Life. It's a school that creates and eliminates, not a school that steals. That's why I feel it would be more suited for Death (especially since I'm not a fan of the current Death spell).

The thing is, what does Death have to do with HoT's? They've never had them in the first place (Thank you KI!), so Death would be one of those all-around schools that have: Amazing blades, amazing DoT's, drains, as good resist as Balance, amazing head-on heals, amazing negative charms, and then Death gets a steal HoT? The thing is, Life doesn't have a DoT, so they would be able to steal the opponent's Sprite/Regenrate/Spritely/Helping Hands/Availing Hands. This wouldn't make Life overpowered or anything, but it puts Life back in the game with all of the other schools.

And again, why would you as a player settle for a spell that's most definitely not 100% useful being in a wizard's arsenal? You may not have a Necromancer, but I do, and I don't like this spell. There's nothing you or I can do about the flop spells that are already in the game, but you can do something about your ideas. I'm not saying develop a completely foolproof spell, but this isn't useful or necessary for me on any level, especially at 6 pips.

At first it was this spell was too good for its pips, then it's too weak for its pips, though it isn't changed? I'm tempted to make a 3 pip Infection that does -150% healing, so even a Rebirth would do about 325 damage if no healing boost and then with a critical that would do 650 damage! This spell wouldn't be too bad of an idea, would it?

Yes, but Sprite and Regeneration have to completely different animations that don't suggest any amount of similarity. It doesn't matter how you animate Duststorm; it's gonna look like an update of Sandstorm.

Actually, I have something to point out. Triage isn't an update of anything And another thing, all of these spells are updates of one another.

Charcoal: An update of Fuel
Charge: An update of Supercharge or Windstorm
Frost Breath: An update of Icebird
Sayanara Aura: An update of Pierce/Shatter
Thief Pig: An update of Triage
Sorrow and Pain: An update of Plague
Duststorm: An update of Sandstorm
Some of these aren't direct updates, but they're noticable.

And this would've been all well and good if I hadn't already mentioned these. They're the updated spells.

Facts: Talos isn't an update of anything, just a new type of minion with new spells. Triage isn't an update of anything.