Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Marking stitched items with a little icon.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 22, 2009
I recently accidentally sold a pair of crowns boots (guardian shoes) because I'd stitched Esprit Boots into them and had something to the effect of five pairs of those particular boots in my bag and just spam sold them with out thinking at 2 in the morning (shame on me, I know).

The folks at KI were awesome and restored not only my guardian shoes but the esprit boots as well, but it got me to thinking. I really couldn't tell my boots from the rest, and I'd like to suggest putting a little marker on stitched items, much like there is one on Crafted and Crowns items. Having a small spool of thread inside the marker to identify these items would not only prevent a bunch of sleepy wizards from accidentally selling their gear, but would also make the gear easier to identify when we're rooting around our stuffed backpacks looking for them.

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
Fawne wrote:
I recently accidentally sold a pair of crowns boots (guardian shoes) because I'd stitched Esprit Boots into them and had something to the effect of five pairs of those particular boots in my bag and just spam sold them with out thinking at 2 in the morning (shame on me, I know).

The folks at KI were awesome and restored not only my guardian shoes but the esprit boots as well, but it got me to thinking. I really couldn't tell my boots from the rest, and I'd like to suggest putting a little marker on stitched items, much like there is one on Crafted and Crowns items. Having a small spool of thread inside the marker to identify these items would not only prevent a bunch of sleepy wizards from accidentally selling their gear, but would also make the gear easier to identify when we're rooting around our stuffed backpacks looking for them.

Agreed.

Survivor
Aug 16, 2009
Wait, you sold actual items in a normal store? That is not the smartest thing, but alright anyway. Sell items in the Bazaar to really get in gold. Oh, and there is no need to worry about selling crowns items and stitched equipment, the Bazaar wont allow you to sell stitched items. But anyway, back to the actual suggestion, sure, it is a alright idea. I would not mind if it was added into the game.

Survivor
May 22, 2009
Sirolu wrote:
Wait, you sold actual items in a normal store? That is not the smartest thing, but alright anyway. Sell items in the Bazaar to really get in gold. Oh, and there is no need to worry about selling crowns items and stitched equipment, the Bazaar wont allow you to sell stitched items. But anyway, back to the actual suggestion, sure, it is a alright idea. I would not mind if it was added into the game.

You can't sell Boots of Esprit at the bazaar :)
The same goes for a lot of the "top shelf" school gear. Rather than trash something that's still worth about 2K gold I get rid of them at a regular store.

Survivor
May 05, 2009
This is a great idea!!! Have come close to selling stitched item too.

Survivor
Jul 12, 2009