Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

marking cost

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 25, 2009
i think there should be a pre-determined cost for marking your location. i have 23 mana and it takes 48 to mark!

Historian
May 01, 2010
COLDUDE555 wrote:
i think there should be a pre-determined cost for marking your location. i have 23 mana and it takes 48 to mark!

I think they made it so that it takes a little over 1 wisp to recover, or that is what I have noticed.

Champion
Mar 19, 2009
Squire
Jan 21, 2010
lol you mean you have 23 mana left
just go find a blue wisp, they are rare in combat zones...

Teleporting is a fixed percentage of your total mana. The wisps also restore a percentage of your total mana.

If you have a little mana left and want to teleport just take off any equipment or pets that is increasing your maximum mana. Knives and rings are usually the ones. your current mana will not decrease, but the cost to teleport will go down.

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
slammer111 wrote:
COLDUDE555 wrote:

I think they made it so that it takes a little over 1 wisp to recover, or that is what I have noticed.

No, wisps recharge half of what was used to cast the mark, at least that's how it plays out in later levels.

Marking does become very costly as one levels up. I've been told to "
up my mana" but that's precisely the issue, the more mana I have, the more it costs to mark!

If it was reduced to 10% of max mana, fine. But people can end up spending 60+ mana on a mark easily now. What if you mark then get pulled into a battle and have almost no mana then? It's just a little much to mark when every other way of porting with the exception of fleeing is free.