Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mandatory Dungeon Fix

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 14, 2008
Alright, so I had a run in the Crimson Fields the other day, burned through it fairly easily, took me about 2.5 hours despite the 1.5 est. time it would take. Killed the bonus boss, got a picture of professor Wu (was hoping for the death pig pet), and made a few hundred gold.

The problem is it took 2.5 hours and was just a boring grind of chores. "Fetch me some sticks!" "Make some barricades!" "Save my scouts!" "Go fetch me a rock!" and etc..

So I finally reach the end, use a treasure card to summon an ice minion to defeat the first boss, but the second one was too powerful, so I ask a friend to come and fight with me. So he comes, I invite him, he joins my group, the War Oni hits me for 1,200 (it was an helephant with a fire blade on him and a fire trap on me of course and being a storm wizard I naturally only had 1,509 health at full) when I had 9-hundred and something health, I die, my friend kill hims, and all should be good right? Nope. I had died so I received no credit. Understandable to a degree, I'm fairly annoyed, but I could understand that I was defeated.
And so knowing that I ran back, asking for my friend's help from the beginning now. But here is where everything goes from bad to worse, the boss didn't reset... I spent 2.5 hours doing a boring dungeon only to die once, and I fail the entire dungeon.

I thought it was a bug, sent my report in and they replied (about 40 hrs later which I'm o.k. with) saying it was not a bug, and that being defeated earns you no credit (o.k.) but your best option is to simply wait until the dungeon expires (it did so about 39.5 hours ago) and repeat it...

That isn't right. If I finish 99.9% a dungeon, only to wipe on the last boss but still defeat him and not receive credit despite having the friend who defeated him in my group of all things? That I have to restart it from the beginning and spend another 2.5 hours going through it again...?

Defender
Jun 14, 2010
I hate to sound rude, but I have to say you have been a member since Dec 2008! You have years of experience in this game. And you're a storm student, so why did you allow the oni to blade, trap you, AND cast a 6 pip helephant w/o you defending yourself? Also someone who has been in the Spiral as long as you should know by now, that when you die, and are NOT revived, you get no credit.
This is not a new concept.

Again, I'm sorry if I'm being rude, but how can you honestly expect to get credit for being dead?

Explorer
Dec 14, 2008
loki1201 wrote:
I hate to sound rude, but I have to say you have been a member since Dec 2008! You have years of experience in this game. And you're a storm student, so why did you allow the oni to blade, trap you, AND cast a 6 pip helephant w/o you defending yourself? Also someone who has been in the Spiral as long as you should know by now, that when you die, and are NOT revived, you get no credit.
This is not a new concept.

Again, I'm sorry if I'm being rude, but how can you honestly expect to get credit for being dead?

It's o.k., but remember never to assume; true I've been a member since '08 but I never had membership till recently. Therefore I would have never ran a dungeon and therefore would not have been exposed to this mechanic.

The War Oni had a fire dot on me so all my tower shields and fire shields were burned and in the mean time he bladed himself, than as soon as the three turns were up he trapped me. And actually the turn before I had used a satyr to heal and was planning on using a spirit shield the turn after. Then of course he cast the helephant and one hit me with extra on top.