Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Making Wiz great again. (What needs to happen)

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 09, 2009
36
Hello everyone! Hope your day is going well. Today I'll be discussing two of the largest issues in the game, why people are leaving, and solving the issues. I fear that this post will fall on deaf ears, because KI is not known to take player suggestions with too much seriousness. That being said, making this a hot topic would hopefully open their eyes to the game breaking problems in the game. There was already a video released recently that touched on both the problems, but this is my take on it and will be a problem-solution type of article.

The PVP system - This topic seems to have been beaten over and over yet there is no change occurring. It is totally possible KI just doesn't like the changes people suggest, therefore they don't change it. But I think they need to realize that the community is who decides if the game survives or not, so the community needs to have a very large voice. There are just too many problems with PVP right now to cover in a single article, so I will just go over each briefly.

Critical - Literally awful in PVP. Causes most games to be short, brainless games where the critical lord wins. On top of this, Critical block is just not good enough considering how hard it is to get while retaining decent other stats. Solution- TAKE IT OUT.

Shadow spells - Also a problem that causes PVP matches to last 1/3 of the time they should. They keep making PVP more about luck, which I hate. I like skill and strategy to win. Solution- Ban from PVP keep in PVE.

Dispels - There is no reason for dispels to be in pvp at all; they are just annoying spells that can be abused if the user can afford to eludicate or simplify them. Again, ban them from PVP.

The pet system - This one personally makes me more mad than the pvp situation, because at least you can just load on critical and get the win, but there is no good way of getting around pets. Even if you're one of the lucky few that have an expansive friend network that can grind out hatches over and over using tens of hatching potions for you to re-create pets, you're still faced with a ridiculous amount of failures. That's why I used the word 'grind', because it truly is a grind to get the pet you're looking for. Having a pet is one the key parts in having good stats, and without a pet, you probably wont have good stats at all. So clearly having a good pet without these connections or with connections is a major problem, and I have spent more money and time on pets than any other aspect of gear farming. Below are some simple solutions to add to the game to fix the pet issue.

Magic Pet globe - 1500-2000 crowns - A special future seeing ball your wizard pilots to influence the talents of your pet. Basically you pick the rest of the talents your pet will get. You still need to level it but at least you know it's talents.

Talent Shuffle - 100-300 crowns - Shuffles any single talent into another one.

Let me know what you guys think of these suggestions. Thanks for reading!

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4162
ElectroCat on Jun 28, 2016 wrote:
Hello everyone! Hope your day is going well. Today I'll be discussing two of the largest issues in the game, why people are leaving, and solving the issues. I fear that this post will fall on deaf ears, because KI is not known to take player suggestions with too much seriousness. That being said, making this a hot topic would hopefully open their eyes to the game breaking problems in the game. There was already a video released recently that touched on both the problems, but this is my take on it and will be a problem-solution type of article.

The PVP system - This topic seems to have been beaten over and over yet there is no change occurring. It is totally possible KI just doesn't like the changes people suggest, therefore they don't change it. But I think they need to realize that the community is who decides if the game survives or not, so the community needs to have a very large voice. There are just too many problems with PVP right now to cover in a single article, so I will just go over each briefly.

Critical - Literally awful in PVP. Causes most games to be short, brainless games where the critical lord wins. On top of this, Critical block is just not good enough considering how hard it is to get while retaining decent other stats. Solution- TAKE IT OUT.

Shadow spells - Also a problem that causes PVP matches to last 1/3 of the time they should. They keep making PVP more about luck, which I hate. I like skill and strategy to win. Solution- Ban from PVP keep in PVE.

Dispels - There is no reason for dispels to be in pvp at all; they are just annoying spells that can be abused if the user can afford to eludicate or simplify them. Again, ban them from PVP.

The pet system - This one personally makes me more mad than the pvp situation, because at least you can just load on critical and get the win, but there is no good way of getting around pets. Even if you're one of the lucky few that have an expansive friend network that can grind out hatches over and over using tens of hatching potions for you to re-create pets, you're still faced with a ridiculous amount of failures. That's why I used the word 'grind', because it truly is a grind to get the pet you're looking for. Having a pet is one the key parts in having good stats, and without a pet, you probably wont have good stats at all. So clearly having a good pet without these connections or with connections is a major problem, and I have spent more money and time on pets than any other aspect of gear farming. Below are some simple solutions to add to the game to fix the pet issue.

Magic Pet globe - 1500-2000 crowns - A special future seeing ball your wizard pilots to influence the talents of your pet. Basically you pick the rest of the talents your pet will get. You still need to level it but at least you know it's talents.

Talent Shuffle - 100-300 crowns - Shuffles any single talent into another one.

Let me know what you guys think of these suggestions. Thanks for reading!
Allowing customizing pets like this has been suggested repeatedly and it's not likely to ever happen. Especially at such a low cost. Pet hatching generates money for KI. I have loads of pets with stats and talents I wants without hatching with loads of friends or spending any money on them. It IS a grind and requires a lot of effort and work, but it doesn't require other players or hatching potions. Hatching with other people actually makes getting your "perfect" pet a LOT harder. It's far better to hatch with your own pets. That way you know what all the talents in their pool are. When hatching with a stranger you never know more than half.

Picking talents for less than the cost of a pet snack pack has zero chances.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
613
I don't PvP so I'm just going to bypass reading that since I've already provided enough uneducated input into solutions for that part of the game.

On the pets however, I think the Crown costs you've come up with are perhaps reversed. To just see the talents shouldn't be relatively inexpensive. An elixir to do so should only be 100 - 300C because you would probably use it so often.

Talent swapping is the one that should be higher because it's benefits are much more valuable. It's been suggested before, by myself and by many others, and I still think it would be a good idea. I'm not sure if I'm misunderstanding you, but the way I'm reading it is that the shuffle would be somewhat random. If I am reading it wrong, then what I'm about to say is probably what you meant. When you shuffle the talents, I think you should be able to select the talent you want to get rid of and the one you want to replace it with. Of course only talents from the pet's talent pool would be available, there would not be an option for adding new talents that the pet wasn't born with.

It's an idea that's been tossed around, and I hope some day KI will examine it. I seldom buy the current pet elixirs because most often I don't mind waiting a day (for the 20+ hour hatches) for a pet to hatch, and by then my hatching timer is reset so I don't need to buy an elixir to hatch again. Both of those elixirs too often feel like a waste. But elixirs that offer a talent reveal or swap I would seriously consider using. It might even encourage me to purchase more of the other elixirs just to speed the process up.

Delver
Aug 05, 2013
253
ElectroCat on Jun 28, 2016 wrote:
Hello everyone! Hope your day is going well. Today I'll be discussing two of the largest issues in the game, why people are leaving, and solving the issues. I fear that this post will fall on deaf ears, because KI is not known to take player suggestions with too much seriousness. That being said, making this a hot topic would hopefully open their eyes to the game breaking problems in the game. There was already a video released recently that touched on both the problems, but this is my take on it and will be a problem-solution type of article.

The PVP system - This topic seems to have been beaten over and over yet there is no change occurring. It is totally possible KI just doesn't like the changes people suggest, therefore they don't change it. But I think they need to realize that the community is who decides if the game survives or not, so the community needs to have a very large voice. There are just too many problems with PVP right now to cover in a single article, so I will just go over each briefly.

Critical - Literally awful in PVP. Causes most games to be short, brainless games where the critical lord wins. On top of this, Critical block is just not good enough considering how hard it is to get while retaining decent other stats. Solution- TAKE IT OUT.

Shadow spells - Also a problem that causes PVP matches to last 1/3 of the time they should. They keep making PVP more about luck, which I hate. I like skill and strategy to win. Solution- Ban from PVP keep in PVE.

Dispels - There is no reason for dispels to be in pvp at all; they are just annoying spells that can be abused if the user can afford to eludicate or simplify them. Again, ban them from PVP.

The pet system - This one personally makes me more mad than the pvp situation, because at least you can just load on critical and get the win, but there is no good way of getting around pets. Even if you're one of the lucky few that have an expansive friend network that can grind out hatches over and over using tens of hatching potions for you to re-create pets, you're still faced with a ridiculous amount of failures. That's why I used the word 'grind', because it truly is a grind to get the pet you're looking for. Having a pet is one the key parts in having good stats, and without a pet, you probably wont have good stats at all. So clearly having a good pet without these connections or with connections is a major problem, and I have spent more money and time on pets than any other aspect of gear farming. Below are some simple solutions to add to the game to fix the pet issue.

Magic Pet globe - 1500-2000 crowns - A special future seeing ball your wizard pilots to influence the talents of your pet. Basically you pick the rest of the talents your pet will get. You still need to level it but at least you know it's talents.

Talent Shuffle - 100-300 crowns - Shuffles any single talent into another one.

Let me know what you guys think of these suggestions. Thanks for reading!
Critical OUT? After all that work? Hate to ruin your fun but critical is perfectly fine in pvp. You just dont have defensive gear on dont you? If you don't you wouldnt be able to block it, and you would be an offensive type having constant Crits. Critical is absolutely fair espically with lvl 60-70's against lvl 50 warlords. We wouldn't get a CHANCE if 60-70's go up against lvl 50 warlords. While your saying that, Warlord lvl 50's block lots of the crits because of penalty today. Which is WHY their lvl 50

Survivor
Dec 09, 2009
36
seethe42 on Jun 28, 2016 wrote:
Allowing customizing pets like this has been suggested repeatedly and it's not likely to ever happen. Especially at such a low cost. Pet hatching generates money for KI. I have loads of pets with stats and talents I wants without hatching with loads of friends or spending any money on them. It IS a grind and requires a lot of effort and work, but it doesn't require other players or hatching potions. Hatching with other people actually makes getting your "perfect" pet a LOT harder. It's far better to hatch with your own pets. That way you know what all the talents in their pool are. When hatching with a stranger you never know more than half.

Picking talents for less than the cost of a pet snack pack has zero chances.
The prices are up to KI, I just want to see them put it in. All I was trying to get across in those prices was that picking talents would cost up to 10X more than just simply shuffling a talent. Also, self hatching is great is if you already have 2 pets with good stats. But if you have all bad pets, you need the help of someone else to get some better talents into the pool.

Survivor
Dec 09, 2009
36
DevinSkullStone on Jun 29, 2016 wrote:
Critical OUT? After all that work? Hate to ruin your fun but critical is perfectly fine in pvp. You just dont have defensive gear on dont you? If you don't you wouldnt be able to block it, and you would be an offensive type having constant Crits. Critical is absolutely fair espically with lvl 60-70's against lvl 50 warlords. We wouldn't get a CHANCE if 60-70's go up against lvl 50 warlords. While your saying that, Warlord lvl 50's block lots of the crits because of penalty today. Which is WHY their lvl 50
Yes critical OUT. I'm sorry but I really doubt you have any warlords compared to my 5. If you did, you may know people who know nothing about PVP can easily win due to unlucky critical on them.

I don't know what you mean by "defensive gear". Like Jade? How about I share with you my stats on just one of my characters, the level 60, since you used level 60 as an example.

Damage to fire - 90%
Overall Resist - 44%
Overall Accuracy - 29%
Critical - 51%
Block - 27%
Pierce - 3%
Power pip - 85%
Incom/outcom - 14/7%

I would say 44% is very defensive for fire resist but even with a great wand and boots, I still only get 27% in block. Literally the only way I can increase that number is to get a pet that carries defender, which would only increase the percentage to 35%. 35% IS NOT GOOD. And I have to sacrifice a pet slot for it! I am using the highest block and resist boots, and the highest block wand! (Besides teeth).

Your examples in PVP are lacking 2 sides. Yes, if you're not that great and are a level 60 private, you verse level 50 warlord. But guess what? My rank is so high, I verse level 110 players! And guess what! They critical on me every other hit! If you call that fair, then I really don't know how to respond.

Even if I used your example, the level 60 verse warlord 50, warlord doesn't mean they are good, it means that have a ranking of 900 or higher. I would LOVEEEE to verse a level 50 warlord as a private WITHOUT critical, because my stats are so much better, and so is my health and spells, that I would trash them!

To succinct, the players having issues with PVP are the experienced, possibly top, players of PVP. If you're not one of those people, then don't comment saying how fair it is. Because what you don't realize is that it is fair for people who need it to cheaply win matches, but completely unfair to those who want a real game.

Sorry if I come off rude, but the post really angered me because of the lack of knowledge you had when posting it.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
613
ElectroCat on Jun 29, 2016 wrote:
The prices are up to KI, I just want to see them put it in. All I was trying to get across in those prices was that picking talents would cost up to 10X more than just simply shuffling a talent. Also, self hatching is great is if you already have 2 pets with good stats. But if you have all bad pets, you need the help of someone else to get some better talents into the pool.
I misread the post. I thought the 2000C was just to reveal talents, I completely overlooked the part about selecting them too.

I personally think 2000C should be the cost per talent for swapping. It should come after you've trained, to swap out learned talents for unlearned talents in the talent pool.

I'd love to be able to select all talents up front, but if KI is ever going to add something like this to the game, they absolutely have to make sure it's going to generate more revenue than it could potentially cost them. It'd probably have to be at least 5000C, if not 10,000C... maybe even 20,000.

Personally I like the idea of swapping learned talents because it still gives you the chance to train the talents without spending Crowns. You only spend them when you need to.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4162
ElectroCat on Jun 29, 2016 wrote:
The prices are up to KI, I just want to see them put it in. All I was trying to get across in those prices was that picking talents would cost up to 10X more than just simply shuffling a talent. Also, self hatching is great is if you already have 2 pets with good stats. But if you have all bad pets, you need the help of someone else to get some better talents into the pool.
The prices would have to make up for the losses in sales that it would cause. And it would cause massive drops in sales. Instead of encouraging players to train more pets, this idea encourages them to NOT train pets and discard them immediately. If they choose talents, they never train or hatch again. It's just flat out bad business for KI.

All pets start off first generation. No one starts off with even 1 pet with great stats. No pet starts off with all good talents either. It's MUCH faster and easier to do so yourself. You say what if you don't have pets with good stats? GET THEM. Nothing is stopping you. Pets drop all over the spiral. Some of the best pets available are battle drops. You do not NEED anyone to help you. You just need to put in the effort and do it yourself.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
1035
The biggest single change to address your issues in particular would be a matching system change. A lvl 110 private should not be fighting a lvl 50/60 overlord. It is unfair to both sides. Similarly, banning spells and limiting stats is not the answer. I agree the critical system needs a modification at the middle-low levels but I disagree with banning shadow spells.