Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Making things more interesting...

1
AuthorMessage
Squire
Jun 19, 2009
514
Well, if you're reading this, please read on, I encourage you to share your thoughts with this idea, as I highly want it put into action.

So, I know many posts are about this, but I really want spells OUTSIDE battles. It would make the Spiral worlds feel more like a place home to spells and creatures. Sure, it may slow the servers down a bit, but if that slows the servers, then battling must slow you down too. How cool would it be to show off your spells in the commons or at you house? Maybe, host a Spell Festival, a show full of different spells across the Spiral, right in your house! Of course, this could be an option to see other player's spells. It could be in Advanced Gameplay Options and if someone was lagging too much, or there were too much spells going off, you could turn this feature off. It'd be fun to have other creatures roaming around then just human looking wizards, so lets please use spells in public! Once again, PLEASE post your thoughts and keep this at the top! It would be a Wonderful Update. Considerate it...

Mastermind
Jan 25, 2010
338
Hmm, I guess I never thought of that. It would be cool to show everyone your spells. You could conjure up a heckhound... hmm... yeah.
I sort of like the idea, except that it might lag a bit.
And I agree that it would make the Spiral feel more magical and free to use magic.

-Igloogirl3

Explorer
May 25, 2009
80
lol that be funny to see a giant hydra randomly walking around or maybe an ortthurs xD

Defender
May 31, 2009
172
Totally agree. I don't battle a lot anymore or do PvP, so having a Spell Festival, or just randomly showing them off, would be fun. It would make the Spiral....

Well....

Feel more spiral-y and magical, XD.

Sabrina, Legendary Thaumaturge

Defender
Sep 18, 2009
184
I have seen all the spells and would not really want mega-lag just so somebody else could play big-man-in-the-commons. If this were a feature, I think it should be limited to homes only. You can summon your hydra and a friend could summon an Orthrus and have them duel or dance or pick daisies, or whatever. But do it at your house. Not on my computer. :)

Defender
Apr 02, 2009
123
I think this would actually be pretty awesome, but I have a few more ideas to add on:

You could activate these spells from the emotes section of menu chat.
They would take a lot of energy or mana to cast.
They can only last for a tiny amount of time.
Maybe everyone can have a spell emote timer so they can't keep making leviathans pop up out of nowhere .

Overall, awesome idea.

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009
394
Not bad! I would love to see this! One question though: What kind of spells would you use outside battles and gardening?
William Crowthistle Legendary Pyromancer
8)

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
1473
Why? I don't see the point. It just doesn't seem necessary. I play on a slow computer and, contrary to apparently popular belief, you can't put an on/off switch on this, so this would make the game almost unplayable for me.

Survivor
Oct 17, 2010
35
natenkate wrote:
I have seen all the spells and would not really want mega-lag just so somebody else could play big-man-in-the-commons. If this were a feature, I think it should be limited to homes only. You can summon your hydra and a friend could summon an Orthrus and have them duel or dance or pick daisies, or whatever. But do it at your house. Not on my computer. :)


I think that idea is better. It would be fun to have creatures all over in the commons, but I'd HATE the lag. I love the idea, but it would be better just to have this feature in the home so it could easily be turned on and off. Overall, this is a fun idea, and I'd love it if KI could somehow figure out a way to do it. :P

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
514
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
Why? I don't see the point. It just doesn't seem necessary. I play on a slow computer and, contrary to apparently popular belief, you can't put an on/off switch on this, so this would make the game almost unplayable for me.


Ugh.... That is why in advanced options you may turn it off. I think it's a great idea and the complainers just keep it from happening. "Weather will make me lag." "Spells will make me lag." Ugh please read my post throughly and see I put it as an option....

Quote: Not Bad! I would love to see this! One question though: What kind of spells would you use outside of battles and gardening?
William Crowthistle Legendary Pyromancer
8)

You would basically use all the spells you can use in battle. You would have to use mana, 10 mana would subtract from you. But yeah, every spell you have in your deck, and maybe a few add ons....

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
594
hunteray09 wrote:
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
Why? I don't see the point. It just doesn't seem necessary. I play on a slow computer and, contrary to apparently popular belief, you can't put an on/off switch on this, so this would make the game almost unplayable for me.


Ugh.... That is why in advanced options you may turn it off. I think it's a great idea and the complainers just keep it from happening. "Weather will make me lag." "Spells will make me lag." Ugh please read my post throughly and see I put it as an option....

Quote: Not Bad! I would love to see this! One question though: What kind of spells would you use outside of battles and gardening?
William Crowthistle Legendary Pyromancer
8)

You would basically use all the spells you can use in battle. You would have to use mana, 10 mana would subtract from you. But yeah, every spell you have in your deck, and maybe a few add ons....

Hunteray09, you don't seem to actually understand AkihiroHattori5's problem. It's a fact that this stuff will make you lag. It will increase the Bandwidth and CPU usage far beyond what KI is currently doing. And no, it wouldn't be as simple as 'Turning off' in the Advanced Options, because it would still show all the Wizard casting animations, much like the chat bubbles in a crowded commons can and often do lag people not on Gaming-class Rigs.

Many people lag greatly around someone's Battle, let alone when there are two+ battles in the same area. Having the ability to cast Out of Battle would make the game completely unplayable for many players who don't have and can't afford New Computers.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
1473
Johnist wrote:
Hunteray09, you don't seem to actually understand AkihiroHattori5's problem. It's a fact that this stuff will make you lag. It will increase the Bandwidth and CPU usage far beyond what KI is currently doing. And no, it wouldn't be as simple as 'Turning off' in the Advanced Options, because it would still show all the Wizard casting animations, much like the chat bubbles in a crowded commons can and often do lag people not on Gaming-class Rigs.

Many people lag greatly around someone's Battle, let alone when there are two+ battles in the same area. Having the ability to cast Out of Battle would make the game completely unplayable for many players who don't have and can't afford New Computers.


Thank you! It's not even the fact that hunteray09 completely ignores this fact that makes the idea bad; it's the fact that the idea is completely useless! Why would I wanna run around the Spiral casting attack and utility spells? I'm not fighting anything, so what's the point?

Survivor
Jun 08, 2009
34
stinkybug123 wrote:
I think this would actually be pretty awesome, but I have a few more ideas to add on:

You could activate these spells from the emotes section of menu chat.
They would take a lot of energy or mana to cast.
They can only last for a tiny amount of time.
Maybe everyone can have a spell emote timer so they can't keep making leviathans pop up out of nowhere .

Overall, awesome idea.
no make cost no mana to cast because it would not attack and make it so that the person can only cast them so fast like the ho use teleporter button and the person can choose the time up to five mins so u have time to show people, oh and the timer would start after the spell went away. :D

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
4956
hunteray09 wrote:
Well, if you're reading this, please read on, I encourage you to share your thoughts with this idea, as I highly want it put into action.

So, I know many posts are about this, but I really want spells OUTSIDE battles. It would make the Spiral worlds feel more like a place home to spells and creatures. Sure, it may slow the servers down a bit, but if that slows the servers, then battling must slow you down too. How cool would it be to show off your spells in the commons or at you house? Maybe, host a Spell Festival, a show full of different spells across the Spiral, right in your house! Of course, this could be an option to see other player's spells. It could be in Advanced Gameplay Options and if someone was lagging too much, or there were too much spells going off, you could turn this feature off. It'd be fun to have other creatures roaming around then just human looking wizards, so lets please use spells in public! Once again, PLEASE post your thoughts and keep this at the top! It would be a Wonderful Update. Considerate it...

That's what PvP is for. The lag and over population in the commons at busy times is outrageous as it is, we really don't need this addition. And there would be no way to 'turn off' the animations without affecting the entire game.

Explorer
Jun 10, 2009
83
i like the idea! it WILL cause lag, but you can see stuff like Unicorns roaming the commons, fire elves roaming the balisca, etc.

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
514
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
Johnist wrote:
Hunteray09, you don't seem to actually understand AkihiroHattori5's problem. It's a fact that this stuff will make you lag. It will increase the Bandwidth and CPU usage far beyond what KI is currently doing. And no, it wouldn't be as simple as 'Turning off' in the Advanced Options, because it would still show all the Wizard casting animations, much like the chat bubbles in a crowded commons can and often do lag people not on Gaming-class Rigs.

Many people lag greatly around someone's Battle, let alone when there are two+ battles in the same area. Having the ability to cast Out of Battle would make the game completely unplayable for many players who don't have and can't afford New Computers.


Thank you! It's not even the fact that hunteray09 completely ignores this fact that makes the idea bad; it's the fact that the idea is completely useless! Why would I wanna run around the Spiral casting attack and utility spells? I'm not fighting anything, so what's the point?


I didn't completely ignore the fact. I know it lags. So? I am sorry, but if you want to play a huge MMORPG game, you need a good computer to do it. It's NOT useless. It doesn't feel like your a wizard if you can't cast spells outside battle. Thanks for your time.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
1473
hunteray09 wrote:
I didn't completely ignore the fact. I know it lags. So? I am sorry, but if you want to play a huge MMORPG game, you need a good computer to do it. It's NOT useless. It doesn't feel like your a wizard if you can't cast spells outside battle. Thanks for your time.


Well it's too bad that you feel that way because I seriously doubt KI would add this. Give me one good reason besides your opinion that "it doesn't feel like you're a wizard if you can't cast spells outside battle" (because that's a terrible reason if you ask me) to add this element to the game.

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
594
hunteray09 wrote:
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
Johnist wrote:
Hunteray09, you don't seem to actually understand AkihiroHattori5's problem. It's a fact that this stuff will make you lag. It will increase the Bandwidth and CPU usage far beyond what KI is currently doing. And no, it wouldn't be as simple as 'Turning off' in the Advanced Options, because it would still show all the Wizard casting animations, much like the chat bubbles in a crowded commons can and often do lag people not on Gaming-class Rigs.

Many people lag greatly around someone's Battle, let alone when there are two+ battles in the same area. Having the ability to cast Out of Battle would make the game completely unplayable for many players who don't have and can't afford New Computers.


Thank you! It's not even the fact that hunteray09 completely ignores this fact that makes the idea bad; it's the fact that the idea is completely useless! Why would I wanna run around the Spiral casting attack and utility spells? I'm not fighting anything, so what's the point?


I didn't completely ignore the fact. I know it lags. So? I am sorry, but if you want to play a huge MMORPG game, you need a good computer to do it. It's NOT useless. It doesn't feel like your a wizard if you can't cast spells outside battle. Thanks for your time.

You want to 'Feel' like you're a Wizard, go play one of those 'Huge MMORPG games' like World of Warcraft or Guild Wars. KingsIsle has prided themselves on being a company that allows the Older Systems to still play the game.

Survivor
Jan 01, 2009
9
It WOULD be totally awesome to cast spells outside of battles and such. But I think that was what KI was trying to do when they started making pets from spells. Like a pet Stormzilla and stuff. And when you want to cast spells at home they added the dueling circle the Massive Fantasy Palace and other houses. If there were spells outside of dueling, maybe they could be added features in houses. Like in the Wooden Cottage, a house from WC, a unicorn appears in the little grove of trees. If that feature was added to other houses would that be the same thing?
The only probably would be the lag. EVERYONE hates lags. But the idea is great!
~Emma Dawnrider, Grandmaster Diviner

Explorer
Apr 27, 2009
69
Nicitas wrote:
Not bad! I would love to see this! One question though: What kind of spells would you use outside battles and gardening?
William Crowthistle Legendary Pyromancer
8)
how do you know about the gardening update it doesnt come out in 2009 or before and yur message was posted on 2009

Explorer
Apr 27, 2009
69
Johnist wrote:
hunteray09 wrote:
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
Why? I don't see the point. It just doesn't seem necessary. I play on a slow computer and, contrary to apparently popular belief, you can't put an on/off switch on this, so this would make the game almost unplayable for me.


Ugh.... That is why in advanced options you may turn it off. I think it's a great idea and the complainers just keep it from happening. "Weather will make me lag." "Spells will make me lag." Ugh please read my post throughly and see I put it as an option....

Quote: Not Bad! I would love to see this! One question though: What kind of spells would you use outside of battles and gardening?
William Crowthistle Legendary Pyromancer
8)

You would basically use all the spells you can use in battle. You would have to use mana, 10 mana would subtract from you. But yeah, every spell you have in your deck, and maybe a few add ons....

Hunteray09, you don't seem to actually understand AkihiroHattori5's problem. It's a fact that this stuff will make you lag. It will increase the Bandwidth and CPU usage far beyond what KI is currently doing. And no, it wouldn't be as simple as 'Turning off' in the Advanced Options, because it would still show all the Wizard casting animations, much like the chat bubbles in a crowded commons can and often do lag people not on Gaming-class Rigs.

Many people lag greatly around someone's Battle, let alone when there are two+ battles in the same area. Having the ability to cast Out of Battle would make the game completely unplayable for many players who don't have and can't afford New Computers.
everyone is such a whiner how about this: they would be small spells like a flame appearing and a 10 second timer to prevent spamming happy now?!

Survivor
Jul 06, 2009
41
hunteray09 wrote:
Well, if you're reading this, please read on, I encourage you to share your thoughts with this idea, as I highly want it put into action.

So, I know many posts are about this, but I really want spells OUTSIDE battles. It would make the Spiral worlds feel more like a place home to spells and creatures. Sure, it may slow the servers down a bit, but if that slows the servers, then battling must slow you down too. How cool would it be to show off your spells in the commons or at you house? Maybe, host a Spell Festival, a show full of different spells across the Spiral, right in your house! Of course, this could be an option to see other player's spells. It could be in Advanced Gameplay Options and if someone was lagging too much, or there were too much spells going off, you could turn this feature off. It'd be fun to have other creatures roaming around then just human looking wizards, so lets please use spells in public! Once again, PLEASE post your thoughts and keep this at the top! It would be a Wonderful Update. Considerate it...
well we kinda got that now there is battle arenas in your house! so you can show them off there but not in the commons there are those thins like lady oriel or, the storm snake,centaur, fire hound, judment, etc but those arent really your spells they are spells that some people DO have so its not completely a win win put its a small price to pay you can always get 100% what you want 8)

Defender
Feb 24, 2009
144
i love this idea. only at the house to prevent as much lag. but how about having it as a housing item, like a mount or pet, only bigger and ONLY a housing item.

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
514
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
hunteray09 wrote:
I didn't completely ignore the fact. I know it lags. So? I am sorry, but if you want to play a huge MMORPG game, you need a good computer to do it. It's NOT useless. It doesn't feel like your a wizard if you can't cast spells outside battle. Thanks for your time.


Well it's too bad that you feel that way because I seriously doubt KI would add this. Give me one good reason besides your opinion that "it doesn't feel like you're a wizard if you can't cast spells outside battle" (because that's a terrible reason if you ask me) to add this element to the game.


You're quite the whiner if you ask me.

Anyways, guys please stop leaving bad comments on my idea. It's a great idea, and it's not spells that are huge. Please get my point!!! It's like minor 5-10 second spells, not huge ones, only can be casted at home to not cause lag in commons!!! The dorms is for ideas in which I have shared with you. It does not mean it will be added to the game (Which I think it should :? ) And yes, if you want to play a game with over 20 million players in it, that the number and expansions will keep growing, you must have a good computer soon or it will lag with spells outside battle or not. There are so many fun expansions we can put onto this game but then the whiners come to say. "That is too much for a game," Or, "I will lag too much". Ugh, please stop whining, these are not good reasons to not add this expansion. Please, get a good computer MMORPG worthy, and then have fun. This idea rocks I think.

Delver
Apr 12, 2011
248
that idea great if i get mad at someone ill just summon stormzilla or helephant maybe even efreet i like the idea KI make it happen

1