Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Make Rarely Used Reagents More Useful

AuthorMessage
Community Leader
Create recipes that would require a HIGH amount of extremely common reagents like Mist Wood, Black Lotus, Black Pearls, etc. It'd be nice to be able to use ALL of the reagents we have been storing even as high level wizards.

Need help with Zeke, Packs, Pets, Gear? Stars of the Spiral has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Kelsey Fireheart on May 6, 2014 wrote:
Create recipes that would require a HIGH amount of extremely common reagents like Mist Wood, Black Lotus, Black Pearls, etc. It'd be nice to be able to use ALL of the reagents we have been storing even as high level wizards.
Maybe it would help higher level wizards clear our their reagents space but it would make the lower level wizards have a much harder time finding the reagents they need. As much as I want to get rid of my useless reagents, I don't think we should be stealing low level people's reagents

Champion
Aug 15, 2012
Using a lot of mist wood is not a bad idea but I have to disagree with using large amounts of black pearls. It's always a hassle at the bazaar trying to get those and they drop so rarely with a black lotus ....
Saffron Sandsword
Legendary

Defender
Nov 17, 2012
I agree that there should be more uses for these reagents that you pick up everywhere, but I do like selling them as well. 200 mist wood (not hard to get) sold at the bazaar will get you 1000 gold.

Delver
Jun 29, 2011
Kelsey Fireheart on May 6, 2014 wrote:
Transmute your common reagents into uncommon and rare reagents. Or just sell them like most everyone else does.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I think being able to use all reagents would be a good thing. As we travel, we get tons of "useless" reagents that we horde for the time when we need it, but then rarely need it (mist wood is a prime example).

Along these same lines, I think it would be nice if we could use things from the different worlds, which are "collect" items, then useless afterwards. Take Aloe in Grizzleheim, or those Crystals in the floor in krokotopia, etc

Maybe letting use craft something like a zoo, that could be accessed by all wizards on the same account, that would require hundreds of Mist Wood, among other reagents. Just a thought

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
I'm against any crafted item using large amounts of single reagents. While some of us who have large gardens are indeed swimming in Black Lotus, Pearls, etc, not everyone one is, and there is not much fun in spending hours running circles or camping the bazaar to get something you need We can always sell excess reagents. What about adding more transmutes? Maybe we could convert unneeded things into something more useful? Polymorph cards too - I'd love to find a good outlet for those.

Defender
Nov 17, 2012
I think it really comes down to the reagent in question. For example, I'm a level 49 (almost 50) theurgist, and I have about 300 mist wood. A use for mist wood (which so far doesn't exist en masse), woukd be greatly appreciated. On the other hand, certain reagents are almost impossible to get. I'm doing the Dragonspyre craftign quest right now, and I need diamonds.
A. The bazaar might have a diamond every other day.
B. When you click buy, it may already be sold out.
C. It costs 1000 gold.
D. With the "Transmute Diamond" recipe I would need 450 ore, or about 45000 gold. Ore is easy to find, but not in those numbers.

So, the point I'm trying to make is that comparatively few reagents are actually very common, and so the issue should just be left alone.