Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Make bosses immune to dispels

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
Bosses were made to be immune from stun cause players were stunning them every turn, but now players are dispelling bosses every turn which makes boss fights every bit as dull and lame as before. I'd like to see both beguile and stuns removed from the game, but since that isn't likely to happen I'm supporting boss immunity to dispels.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
I'm all for it,but a massive casual and novice player base would assuredly cry foul.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Armiger
May 10, 2010
With some of the cheating bosses, the only way to even have a chance, is to know how to use dispels...

Secondly, if they start making drastic changes like that, then KI would have to refund everyone Training points, because a lot of people train Dispels, because of what they can do...

To make them null and void, well, that would require a refund...

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
Dispels are a form of Tactics. Yes, some people abuse dispels, but that's technically a moot point really, since you need to know what dispel to use to protect against what.

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
seasnake wrote:
Bosses were made to be immune from stun cause players were stunning them every turn, but now players are dispelling bosses every turn which makes boss fights every bit as dull and lame as before. I'd like to see both beguile and stuns removed from the game, but since that isn't likely to happen I'm supporting boss immunity to dispels.
I think some bosses were intended to have dispels used against them. Without that strategy, what do we have to rely on besides sheer luck and trying to brute-tank our way through legendary dungeons? -eli and crew

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
Are you nuts?! No.

no I'm not, I've completed every group dungeon/tower/warehouse instance in the game with a friend (two characters total) without using henchmen or dispels so I see no need for dispels in the game at all other than for cheap wins without having to be either strong or good at the game

I'd also favor letting the creatures we are up against keep their dispels and have dispels removed from all players.

Explorer
May 09, 2011
Hey,

Well, we DO need dispels for the bosses in Helephant Tower. So, I don't know if this would be a great idea. But, wizards cannot stun every round, because 1 stun=1 stun BLOCK, which is good.

-Mason D.

Defender
Mar 06, 2010
Only problem i can find with this is the high level bosses that constantly spawn things. It comes in handy to dispel things from cheats.

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009
Instead of making the immune to dispels, give them a remove dispel card!
It would remove a dispel of a certain school for 0 pips, any dispel of any school for 1 pip, and remove all dispels on boss for 2 pips. This card should probably only be given to bosses in Celestia and Wintertusk, because levels below 50 don't use dispel as much. This should make them not entirely immune to dispels, but immune enough so that they aren't spammed by dispels.
William Crowthistle Legendary Pyromancer
8)

Explorer
Jun 19, 2011
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
Are you nuts?! No.

Why not?

This would help make it more fun.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
seasnake wrote:
no I'm not, I've completed every group dungeon/tower/warehouse instance in the game with a friend (two characters total) without using henchmen or dispels so I see no need for dispels in the game at all other than for cheap wins without having to be either strong or good at the game

I'd also favor letting the creatures we are up against keep their dispels and have dispels removed from all players.

Okay, how do I say this? Just because you can do something doesn't mean everyone else can. Not everyone has the strategical prowess that you have. Although I don't use dispels that much, I can safely say in the times that I did use them I wouldn't have survived otherwise. Plus, taking away dispels is just ridiculous. There's no good reason for it. I'm wondering if this has something to do with PvP.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
JeffreyGrueneberg wrote:

Why not?

For someone who thinks I'm "the biggest fool" they've ever encountered on this Forum, you always make sure to respond to my comments.

Defender
Sep 14, 2010
seasnake wrote:
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
Are you nuts?! No.

Just because you have completed dungeons without dispels doesn't mean everybody doesn't. We all have different strategies, and you have to look at both sides of the story here.

Explorer
Jun 19, 2011
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
JeffreyGrueneberg wrote:

Why not?

For someone who thinks I'm "the biggest fool" they've ever encountered on this Forum, you always make sure to respond to my comments.

You didn't even answer my question.

And also, there is no need for them... I have completed every single battle solo without dispels, treasure cards, or henchman. (Or potions.)

I have done everywhere twice with my death and ice, and even Tower of the Helephant with my death. WITHOUT DISPELS. Bosses should be able to dispel immune, no reason they shouldn't.

And I'm SURE you are wanting to know how... So here it goes.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How To: Tower of the Helephant Solo (Death wizard)

Pet: Ominous Scarecrow, +16% defense, +6% Accuracy, Spritely.

Amulet: Life Mastery

Ring/Athame: The craftings that give +41% heal boost.

All other stuff is the normal best.

Turn 1: Virulent Plague
Turn 2: Myth/Death shield.
Turn 3: Same
Turn 4: Tower Shield
Turn 5: Tower Shield
Turn 6: Plague
Turn 7: Myth/death Shield
Turn 8: Tower Shield

Usually have about 700-1500 health by now.

Turn 9: Scarecrow

Back to 2500+ health now.

Turn 10: Tower
Turn 11: Tower
Turn 12: Vengeance (If last scarecrow criticaled, just do Infalliable/Some other rank 0 card.)
-----
Turn 12: Scarecrow
Turn 13: Virulent Plague
Turn 14: Satyr
Turn 15: Myth/death Shield
Turn 16: Virulent Plague
-----

Major pip usage because that's around the time I would fizzle my first time. Need to stay alive and kill minions.

I usually have about 2000+ health around now. health around now. (Need to critical on one of your Scarecrows without block from minions. Also one of them usually needs to be Ominous.)

Then kill the myth guy, and use reshuffles and that thing that gives you +3 pips on yourself. (Use lots of Plague/Shield/Satyr/Reshuffle/Thingy +3pips/Reshuffle/Wraith/Weakness)

Then the Death boss is easy by himself. I don't even think I should have to explain it.

Also, sometimes I use an animate card.

Deck: 5 Tower Shield
5 Myth/Death Shield
3 Death Shields
4 Virulent Plague
3 Plague
2 Dark Pact
2 That +3pips thing
3 Death Blades
3 Scarecrows (+1 Ominous from pet)
3 Death Traps
3 Death Prisms
4 Satyrs
2 Sacrfice
3 Reshuffle
4 Gargantuans
3 Weakness
1 Animate

53 card deck

About 1/4 times I am able to do the first battle solo. (Mainly because you rely on that critical in the first turns, and not getting one fizzle in those first turns.) (I am currently 3/11.)

Out of the times I HAVE used dispels, I am 1/5. A lot of times Virulent Plague is better than death Dispel.

Then the other battles after the first one are so much easier and easy to solo.

Defender
Feb 15, 2009
For the final boss in the WaterWorks, everyone I have seen has wished they had had the unbalance card. Also, if you have 1 health left and you have a dispel, you can dispel his move and use the rest of your pips for a stronger attack. Actually, dispels come in handy; ever since I got the card, I have kept a couple in my deck, and I am level sixty now. I think removing the card would be a bad idea.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
JeffreyGrueneberg wrote:

And also, there is no need for them... I have completed every single battle solo without dispels, treasure cards, or henchman. (Or potions.)

I have done everywhere twice with my death and ice, and even Tower of the Helephant with my death. WITHOUT DISPELS. Bosses should be able to dispel immune, no reason they shouldn't.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Turn 12: Vengeance (If last scarecrow criticaled, just do Infalliable/Some other rank 0 card.)
-----
-----

Major pip usage because that's around the time I would fizzle my first time. Need to stay alive and kill minions.

I usually have about 2000+ health around now. health around now. (Need to critical on one of your Scarecrows without block from minions. Also one of them usually needs to be Ominous.)

Then kill the myth guy, and use reshuffles and that thing that gives you +3 pips on yourself. (Use lots of Plague/Shield/Satyr/Reshuffle/Thingy +3pips/Reshuffle/Wraith/Weakness)

Then the Death boss is easy by himself. I don't even think I should have to explain it.

5 Myth/Death Shield
3 Death Shields
4 Virulent Plague
3 Plague
2 Dark Pact
2 That +3pips thing
3 Death Blades
3 Death Traps
3 Death Prisms
4 Satyrs
2 Sacrfice
3 Reshuffle
4 Gargantuans
3 Weakness
1 Animate

53 card deck

About 1/4 times I am able to do the first battle solo. (Mainly because you rely on that critical in the first turns, and not getting one fizzle in those first turns.) (I am currently 3/11.)

Out of the times I HAVE used dispels, I am 1/5. A lot of times Virulent Plague is better than death Dispel.

I answered your question in my response to seasnake. I'm not gonna regurgitate it, and I'm too lazy to copy and paste. That is all beside the point; let me get to this strategy list you made up. Where do I start? Okay, first of all no. I wasn't wanting to know how. Second, your strategy's fatal flaw is that it's so rigid. Only truly accomplished Legendary Necromancers that have finished everything in the game can abide to the strategy that you made up. My Necromancer's only Lvl. 35. What am I supposed to do? Lastly, the fact that you can defeat the Tower of the Helephant is completely irrelevant to the task at hand. Being able to defeat the Tower of the Helephant by yourself without dispels does not equal dispels are unnecessary and need to be taken out the game. Who connects those two?! It's not going to happen because there's no good reason for it.

Explorer
Jun 19, 2011
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
JeffreyGrueneberg wrote:

-----
-----

5 Myth/Death Shield
3 Death Shields
4 Virulent Plague
3 Plague
2 Dark Pact
2 That +3pips thing
3 Death Blades
3 Death Traps
3 Death Prisms
4 Satyrs
2 Sacrfice
3 Reshuffle
4 Gargantuans
3 Weakness
1 Animate

53 card deck

I answered your question in my response to seasnake. I'm not gonna regurgitate it, and I'm too lazy to copy and paste. That is all beside the point; let me get to this strategy list you made up. Where do I start? Okay, first of all no. I wasn't wanting to know how. Second, your strategy's fatal flaw is that it's so rigid. Only truly accomplished Legendary Necromancers that have finished everything in the game can abide to the strategy that you made up. My Necromancer's only Lvl. 35. What am I supposed to do? Lastly, the fact that you can defeat the Tower of the Helephant is completely irrelevant to the task at hand. Being able to defeat the Tower of the Helephant by yourself without dispels does not equal dispels are unnecessary and need to be taken out the game. Who connects those two?! It's not going to happen because there's no good reason for it.

You have to be level 60 to do tower of the helephant. They don't have to be taken out, but I think some bosses being dispel immune would be good.

Defender
Sep 14, 2010
JeffreyGrueneburg wrote:

I will again repeat what I said to seasnake. Just because you have gone through the game without dispels, treasure cards, and henchmen doesn't mean everybody else has gone through the game without those either. I've used dispels and treasure cards and they come in handy when I'm in a hard battle. You have to look at both sides of the story here.

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
Nah, dispels are charms and you can't make them immune to one charm and not a different non-dispel charm or it would get confusing.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
JeffreyGrueneberg wrote:
You have to be level 60 to do tower of the helephant. They don't have to be taken out, but I think some bosses being dispel immune would be good.

There is still the question of: why? The point here is that there is no point. Game developers don't make existing content harder; they make it easier if need be, but not harder. Plus, some monsters can use dispels on us. How is it fair that we can't return the favor?

Explorer
Jun 19, 2011
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
JeffreyGrueneberg wrote:

There is still the question of: why? The point here is that there is no point. Game developers don't make existing content harder; they make it easier if need be, but not harder. Plus, some monsters can use dispels on us. How is it fair that we can't return the favor?

That is true, but it shouldn't be. I have noticed wizard city bosses only do 1/3 damage, krokopatra doesn't cast kraken has 800less health, and isn't that good strategy, bosses cheat less now. Less health on many too, malistaire... Shoot, solo on a level 26 wizard and used to be very hard for 4 grandmasters.

But then again, that's wrong. If it's easy, it isn't fun. Make stuff harder so it's more fun .

Plus, bosses can stun you but you can stun them, which makes it harder, which again, makes it more fun. Besides, I am talking about mainly challenge bosses (and malistaire and some other main bosses in cl)... It's obviously way to easy, if someone can solo it... Even without using dispels... At least get rid of the dispels to make it somewhat harder.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
JeffreyGrueneberg wrote:
That is true, but it shouldn't be. I have noticed wizard city bosses only do 1/3 damage, krokopatra doesn't cast kraken has 800less health, and isn't that good strategy, bosses cheat less now. Less health on many too, malistaire... Shoot, solo on a level 26 wizard and used to be very hard for 4 grandmasters.

But then again, that's wrong. If it's easy, it isn't fun. Make stuff harder so it's more fun .

Plus, bosses can stun you but you can stun them, which makes it harder, which again, makes it more fun. Besides, I am talking about mainly challenge bosses (and malistaire and some other main bosses in cl)... It's obviously way to easy, if someone can solo it... Even without using dispels... At least get rid of the dispels to make it somewhat harder.

Oh, for crying out loud...who ever said "harder = more fun"?! I'm so sick and tired of people saying this game is "too easy", and therefore the game is boring. Why do people feel the need to make this game so intensive and rigorous? The majority of the people that play this game do not have time for this. I don't have time for this. This is not World of Warcraft. If you want a challenging game, go play that. Lastly, for the millionth time, just because you can defeat the Tower of Helephant by yourself doesn't mean everyone else can.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
This is not World of Warcraft. If you want a challenging game, go play that.

World of Warcraft is not challenging. It is extremely easy. In fact, it launched the novice and casual player revolution that has destroyed the hardcore mmorpg games like the original Everquest,and others of its ilk.

Explorer
Jun 19, 2011
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
JeffreyGrueneberg wrote:

Oh, for crying out loud...who ever said "harder = more fun"?! I'm so sick and tired of people saying this game is "too easy", and therefore the game is boring. Why do people feel the need to make this game so intensive and rigorous? The majority of the people that play this game do not have time for this. I don't have time for this. This is not World of Warcraft. If you want a challenging game, go play that. Lastly, for the millionth time, just because you can defeat the Tower of Helephant by yourself doesn't mean everyone else can.

1. I just said harder=more fun.... And I hear so many other people say they wish it was harder. Who isn't the question, how many, is.
2. Because it makes it more fun!! Listen!!! :/
3. harder doesn't mean longer... It means Hard
4. World of Warcraft is boring, I never even bothered getting a membership for it.
5. I never said everyone else can... I mean, obviously any balance wizard can't, and then a lot of other people aren't smart enough to.... but, any group of 4 would easily be able to do this. the only exception would be 4 balance wizards, maybe. Then, some groups if 4's might not be able to do it.
Even a group of 3 and most 2's.