Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Make all spell costs even numbers?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Feb 22, 2016
Probably gonna get a lot of resistance on this one, but I really think either...

Option A: Change things so you get half a power pip back when you use a rank 1,3,5,7,9,11 etc. spell with power pips.

Already did a thread on this before on my older account, and a LOT of people were against it for reasons I didn't understand...and a lot of people were for it for the same reasons I'm for it...

Option B: Make all spell costs even numbers.

Have not suggested this before personally, but I think it'd actually be simpler.

Might have to tweak a few other things to make it work, but it'd eliminate "waste" altogether, since whether you use ordinary pips or power pips the cost will match up exactly.

Not gonna argue or debate like last time, just putting it out there...

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
There's absolutely no reason to change the current system. All you're doing is trying to eliminate the power pip system. It's very simple the way it works. A power pip is ONE pip period. It's usable as 2 pips on certain spells but it's still ONE pip. There is never a wasted pip because you can only have 7 pips. If you use 3 power pips to cast a rank 5 spell you have just saved 2 pips. You already got a bargain, you don't get change back. If you used 3 power pips to cast a rank 6 spell, good for you, you got a slightly better bargain by saving 3 pips. You need to stop thinking of it as wasting something. You are getting slightly less of a bargain. There's nothing in need of "fixing".