Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Make-A-Mount

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jul 05, 2014
Hi everyone! I thought of this idea where maybe we could make a mount? It'd be the same speed so it'd be fair. What if you could make your own creation? Let me know what you think! I think it'd be cool!

Survivor
Mar 15, 2014
I think being able to make your own mount would be cool. I mean you could a make mount that shows who you are and how much fun you are. making your own mount would be awesome!!!!!!! :]

Survivor
May 31, 2013
If they added this feature in the game then king isle games will make less money because if you make your own then you will be satisfied with your epic mount. But if they make specific mounts then people that already have mounts want the other ones because they are either cooler or they want to show off.

Sincerely,

-Blaze MythBlood lvl 43

Survivor
Mar 31, 2012
That's a great idea! :D It could be a one time thing every year but idk if KI will do it. Overall thou I love your idea!

Delver
Jan 21, 2014
FunWizzygirl100 on Apr 18, 2015 wrote:
Hi everyone! I thought of this idea where maybe we could make a mount? It'd be the same speed so it'd be fair. What if you could make your own creation? Let me know what you think! I think it'd be cool!
Hmmmm, good idea! but it would work like the message boards posts, they have to be moderated first, you do NOT want a giant flying skull scaring little kids! no, they would be kid friendly.

But where and how would we make it? in the "mount pavillion" or in the crown shop? would we have to use pieces of other mounts? (I hope so, imagine a panther with seraph wings or a black pegasus (forgot it's name) with a storm surrounding it's feet! ) would we be able to change i'ts colors? can we give it a personalized name? or would we modify existing mounts?

Also it would cost crowns depending on how complicated it is, a grasshopper with wings would not cost as much as a horse with a pair of mechanical wings and a unicorn point! (i'm forgetting everythings names )

Plus if you make the mount your crowns would be spent after it's approved, that way your crowns wouldn't be wasted. Also if it costs 5,000 crowns and you only have 3,000 the missing 2,000 would be automaticly spent in your next purchase, in that period of time the mount is NOT usable until the full amount is payed.

This looks really promising!

Isaac GoldHeart lvl 32

Explorer
Jun 07, 2009
This sounds like a great idea, but keep the process in mind. People at KI would have to model the mount, animate it, give it a texture, and code it, and these would probably have to be done by different people. Anyway, it would probably cost a huge sum of crowns with a large equivalent in real money. I don't mean to be a downer, but I'm stating the truth.

Delver
Jul 05, 2014
Mythisepic123 on Apr 19, 2015 wrote:
If they added this feature in the game then king isle games will make less money because if you make your own then you will be satisfied with your epic mount. But if they make specific mounts then people that already have mounts want the other ones because they are either cooler or they want to show off.

Sincerely,

-Blaze MythBlood lvl 43
I haven't thought of that! That's true, but it could be a once a year thing like Shadow Thief said!

Delver
Jul 05, 2014
ecci the cat on Apr 21, 2015 wrote:
This sounds like a great idea, but keep the process in mind. People at KI would have to model the mount, animate it, give it a texture, and code it, and these would probably have to be done by different people. Anyway, it would probably cost a huge sum of crowns with a large equivalent in real money. I don't mean to be a downer, but I'm stating the truth.
It's true. It would probably take a lot of work, but I just like to give a couple ideas for fun. :) Maybe they could do it like they do it in the shopping district? You have a few options and colors maybe, thanks for commenting though!

Survivor
Feb 22, 2015
i think when players reach lv.25, they should get a quest that unlocks an area in grilleheim in northward where they can customly make a mount for about 5,000 gold

Delver
Mar 10, 2015
I agree, I would make a shadow Pegasus mount, with a jade oni color. This would also apply to pets and gear, the stitch is a good start it not enough

Explorer
Jun 07, 2009
alecazam2005 on Apr 23, 2015 wrote:
i think when players reach lv.25, they should get a quest that unlocks an area in grilleheim in northward where they can customly make a mount for about 5,000 gold
That does sound like a good idea, but if you look at how mounts are made, I don't think they would cost 5,000 gold. Or anything in gold.

But! This does sound like a great idea! If I could make a custom mount, I would probably do a cheetah with a realistic body structure, which is to say strangely proportioned. Tiny head, huge chest, thin stomach, long tail, claws always half-retracted. Cheetahs are strange beings.

Now, if mounts added an offensive/defensive addition in battle for, say, four rounds from the beginning of the battle, that would be cool. Like a mount from a bundle (like the thirty dollar ones) would give maybe 5% universal resist, damage, or accuracy for four rounds into the battle. A mount from the crowns shop might give a 2% to 7% universal damage boost, accuracy, or resist, depending on how much they cost.

Explorer
Jun 07, 2009
ecci the cat on Apr 30, 2015 wrote:
That does sound like a good idea, but if you look at how mounts are made, I don't think they would cost 5,000 gold. Or anything in gold.

But! This does sound like a great idea! If I could make a custom mount, I would probably do a cheetah with a realistic body structure, which is to say strangely proportioned. Tiny head, huge chest, thin stomach, long tail, claws always half-retracted. Cheetahs are strange beings.

Now, if mounts added an offensive/defensive addition in battle for, say, four rounds from the beginning of the battle, that would be cool. Like a mount from a bundle (like the thirty dollar ones) would give maybe 5% universal resist, damage, or accuracy for four rounds into the battle. A mount from the crowns shop might give a 2% to 7% universal damage boost, accuracy, or resist, depending on how much they cost.
Oops not 7%, sorry. I meant 5%.

Survivor
Sep 02, 2012
morgandarkrider1 on Apr 19, 2015 wrote:
I think being able to make your own mount would be cool. I mean you could a make mount that shows who you are and how much fun you are. making your own mount would be awesome!!!!!!! :]

• It'd be awesome to make your own mount. Mine would be some type of death mount since my school is death.
Hope kingsisle adds that feature into wizard101. It would be such a cool thing.

-Brianna ghostflame

Survivor
Sep 02, 2012
I agree wizards from wizard101 should make there own mount. The reason why I agree is because my friend in wizard101 gets tired of the old regular mounts, even the ones that are rare. so I think it would be a good idea to make your own mounts.

-Brianna ghostflame (lvl 68)