Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mail System

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 15, 2010
Hi Wizards!
I've played a lot of MMOs and such and I've across some stressing issues in Wizard101 that do not allow me to fully communicate with friends if they're offline.

Basically, I was thinking we could add a mail system where players can write each other letters (Still blocking the inappropriate language, and random letters like "p". Basically how the chat system works like!) For example, I have to wait for countless hours sometimes for my in-game buddy to get on because I have to tell them something. But with a mail system, players can send each other paid letters to their friends.

For example, let's say my friend if offline and I need to tell her that once I get online I need help questing and I will be back at 6PM. Then, my friend knows that at 6PM she will need to be online.

As usual, sending items from your backpack is not going to be a feature like in the normal game, you can't trade items. This is just a rough draft of the idea so, leave questions below!

I think this would make a great add to the game to have a simple mail system to like send reminders to offline players so when they come online they can see that.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Amanda28752 on Jul 20, 2014 wrote:
Hi Wizards!
I've played a lot of MMOs and such and I've across some stressing issues in Wizard101 that do not allow me to fully communicate with friends if they're offline.

Basically, I was thinking we could add a mail system where players can write each other letters (Still blocking the inappropriate language, and random letters like "p". Basically how the chat system works like!) For example, I have to wait for countless hours sometimes for my in-game buddy to get on because I have to tell them something. But with a mail system, players can send each other paid letters to their friends.

For example, let's say my friend if offline and I need to tell her that once I get online I need help questing and I will be back at 6PM. Then, my friend knows that at 6PM she will need to be online.

As usual, sending items from your backpack is not going to be a feature like in the normal game, you can't trade items. This is just a rough draft of the idea so, leave questions below!

I think this would make a great add to the game to have a simple mail system to like send reminders to offline players so when they come online they can see that.
Paid messages? No thanks.
And with the messaging system we have, I don't see the reason for this anyway.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
I don't see why "paid" even came into the idea. An offline messaging system would be nice though I agree.

Survivor
Apr 15, 2010
RavenLady777 on Jul 21, 2014 wrote:
Paid messages? No thanks.
And with the messaging system we have, I don't see the reason for this anyway.
I mean like, paid MAIL messages. Not the chat messages.
And I meant not whispering or whatever. You could send mail to an offline friend so when they log on there's this mail symbol and they could view the mail that their friend sent. Lol.

Defender
Nov 10, 2012
I LOVE the idea of being able to send messages to offline friends. But having to pay for it could be kind of annoying.

Explorer
Jul 03, 2010
Paying shouldn't be included with sending mail, that's ridiculous! But mailing people offline is actually a great idea. But I don't really see the point because most everyone has text chat. If there turns out to be a mail update, mail should be costing a little amount of gold, like for one letter (or 2000 characters) would cost 50 gold or if you wish, 5 crowns, or something like that amount. But I still don't really the point.

Defender
Jun 02, 2013
An in-game mail system would be beneficial for Wizards101 for several reasons.

It could be limited to a player's friends list ONLY, and would promote group play. If a player wishes to receive messages from strangers, then I'm sure KI could place an option to do so.

In other MMOs, the fee for mailing messages helped deter receiving junk messages from "bot" players.

KI implements several great options in your settings to block/ignore beggar-type text messages from those players who are looking to take advantage of a stranger's kindness. Should a wizard receive a similar type message in their mailbox, they could have the same ability to block/ignore future mail from that sender.

Some people are shy and can express their requests much easier over time in a prepared message than under pressure of a whisper text, or open chat and risk ridicule.

I'm primarily a solo player and I feel it would be great to send a mail message off to another player, extending the hand of friendship as an alternative to a third-party website.

Gabriel

Mastermind
Jan 27, 2010
Not a bad idea but also not needed and why should we have to pay for a simple feature such as a mailing system....take the paid part out of the idea and I'm on board LOL this wouldn't really effect me anyways seeing as I only friend people short term to help them with quest.

Champion
Aug 15, 2012
Its a good idea but I think there should be a way to delete junk mail that isn't one at a time (just like how you throw away all your junk mail at once instead of looking at each page and then trashing it).
Tara