Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Lucky or Unlucky. Also Problems with the game, (N

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 20, 2008
58
Hello Residents, Administrators, and Young and Old Wizards of the Spiral,
Its me achilles975 a.k.a Ethan ShadowWraith. I have been seeing a lot of problems in this game and I would like the administrators to know about them so they can make it better! One of the problems is which school is better than which. My friend on the game Seth Strongblood and I have concluded that Ice Wizards are very lucky unlike storm wizards. We conclude that Ice Wizards have a lot of health and therefore more drops! Storm Wizards aren't very lucky and have the least amount of health and accuracy which is really not fair. Ice Wizards get a lot of health and a lot of defenses and are lucky which is also not fair! No Offense to all Ice Wizards. If you have any other problems or want to talk about this just respond or quote to this message.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
1708
You didn't mention the major parameter: Damage produced. A two pip storm spell does as much damage as a three pip ice spell. Storm has to do it fast, ice is slower and needs the to be able to handle higher damage.

As far as luck, there really isn't luck, it is more accuracy, or the casting chance. With a bit of casting skill, you can cast an accuracy booster with Storm (shield/sword/accrracy/4-pip spell and the battle is over usually).

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
543
In the long run, there is no such thing as luck.

Defender
Oct 14, 2008
141
I will explain, of course you may hear rumors and legends about the three schools that think they are greater then others, you see, every school has bad luck and good luck, i dont know Fire, but Ice has the most maximum health and defense but is minimum on damage, Storm has the minimum health and fizzles a lot but has the best damage spells. idk about other schools... Good question and have a good day!
luna0616 :P

Survivor
Feb 25, 2009
2
Yah Ice wizards get more health but like the other guy said storm does more damage. Everyone balances out. Myth gets more minions, and strong 'hit all enemy attacks'. Ice gets more health. Storm gets more damage. Life can heal. Balance, well is balanced. Death gets the half your damage becomes health things. Fire is pretty balanced and has pretty powerful cards.

So yah i agree ice may seem unfair but ice wizards also probably think other wizards are unfair considering they have the least powerful cards.

I am myth and my friend is ice. And he has 500 more health then me. and he always beats me (mainly cause he is also storm lol) but it doesnt bother me because with just our main elements everything else is better then ice as far as damage. So yah like i said it balances out. And I know this was a little lengthy, but yah thats my input on the subject.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
11
I have to agree. I am a Storm wizard aka Moira Sotrmweaver and we have the least amount of health and we have the worst luck. My spells fizzle more than anyone. Most of the items that I pick up from tasks are clothes and boots which have little to no value. I have won a couple swords/wands, but nothing compared to the amount my sister has. She is a Life Wizard. Yes, I can do reasonably well with how I position my deck and can increase my chances with who I play with. But, in all fairness, I would appreciate an evening of the playing field.

Survivor
Mar 01, 2009
7
I don't count these as problems. I think the things you said are the wizard's gift. That's what I think of it as. :)

Paige PeralPetal
Myth Wizard

Explorer
Dec 20, 2008
58
Quizzical wrote:
In the long run, there is no such thing as luck.


Yea, Quizzical there really is no such thing as luck, very smart of you.

Explorer
Dec 20, 2008
58
You all have a very smart brain, however I am not only talking about combat but also item drops. Ice are very lucky with item drops which I dont want to be mean but unfair.

Survivor
Mar 28, 2009
28
achilles975 wrote:
You all have a very smart brain, however I am not only talking about combat but also item drops. Ice are very lucky with item drops which I dont want to be mean but unfair.


And you know this how? Drops are random, they are not affected by which school you are in. I've gotten some really amazing drops so far as a Pyromancer, and have gotten good drops as a Storm wizard. It is not affected by what school you are.

Survivor
Feb 05, 2009
21
swittenb wrote:
I have to agree. I am a Storm wizard aka Moira Sotrmweaver and we have the least amount of health and we have the worst luck. My spells fizzle more than anyone. Most of the items that I pick up from tasks are clothes and boots which have little to no value. I have won a couple swords/wands, but nothing compared to the amount my sister has. She is a Life Wizard. Yes, I can do reasonably well with how I position my deck and can increase my chances with who I play with. But, in all fairness, I would appreciate an evening of the playing field.


FINNALY SOMEONE WHO UNDERSTAND ME :D storm is good at attacking but there has to be more then its getting ice gets about three or two things more than storm storm at least needs good items it get robes with lower health and barely gets boss drops because i had to defeat night shade 8 times to get a good drop and on my ice wizard i get drops all of the time.

Explorer
Dec 20, 2008
58
muttmagma wrote:
swittenb wrote:
I have to agree. I am a Storm wizard aka Moira Sotrmweaver and we have the least amount of health and we have the worst luck. My spells fizzle more than anyone. Most of the items that I pick up from tasks are clothes and boots which have little to no value. I have won a couple swords/wands, but nothing compared to the amount my sister has. She is a Life Wizard. Yes, I can do reasonably well with how I position my deck and can increase my chances with who I play with. But, in all fairness, I would appreciate an evening of the playing field.


FINNALY SOMEONE WHO UNDERSTAND ME :D storm is good at attacking but there has to be more then its getting ice gets about three or two things more than storm storm at least needs good items it get robes with lower health and barely gets boss drops because i had to defeat night shade 8 times to get a good drop and on my ice wizard i get drops all of the time.


YES ANOTHER PERSON WHO UNDERSTANDS ME AS WELL!!!!!!! We storm wizards dont have much and they make it so unfair. I dont want to be rude to the people who decided the attributes to all the schools but it is true. GIVE ME A HIGH FIVE FOR ALL THE PEOPLE WHO SUPPORT ME! ! :D :D :D :D

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
543
achilles975 wrote:
Quizzical wrote:
In the long run, there is no such thing as luck.


Yea, Quizzical there really is no such thing as luck, very smart of you.


Only in the long run. Look up the Weak Law of Large Numbers. Also look up the Strong Law of Large Numbers. And for extra credit, try to explain the difference between the two by coming up with an example where the weak law applies and the strong law does not.

Explorer
Dec 20, 2008
58
Quizzical wrote:
achilles975 wrote:
Quizzical wrote:
In the long run, there is no such thing as luck.


Yea, Quizzical there really is no such thing as luck, very smart of you.


Only in the long run. Look up the Weak Law of Large Numbers. Also look up the Strong Law of Large Numbers. And for extra credit, try to explain the difference between the two by coming up with an example where the weak law applies and the strong law does not.


Ah I see

Survivor
Aug 29, 2008
41
swittenb wrote:
I have to agree. I am a Storm wizard aka Moira Sotrmweaver and we have the least amount of health and we have the worst luck. My spells fizzle more than anyone. Most of the items that I pick up from tasks are clothes and boots which have little to no value. I have won a couple swords/wands, but nothing compared to the amount my sister has. She is a Life Wizard. Yes, I can do reasonably well with how I position my deck and can increase my chances with who I play with. But, in all fairness, I would appreciate an evening of the playing field.


i have a friend named Moira Stormrider (ice) and (no offense moira!) she fizzles a lot. like it ALWAYS takes the second try for her, but in the GAME, there's no luck, each individual person has their own luck. (like i've gotten 2 dragonspyre swords, she's gotten like 4) so it depends on each individual person, but that's not really luck, that's the odds of the game. in real life, you'd ALWAYS get the sword or wand or whatever, because you just loot the body. in the game, it's kingsisle creating odds for good drops like that

Survivor
Feb 15, 2009
26
Well I have wizards from every school except balance. I have a magus Pyromancer. And the rest are all level 7. I have to admit fire has the same problem storm does. I fizzle all the time and I have very low health for my level!! But the good thing is I have some awesome spells when they dont fizzle!! I love the immoluate spell!!

My other wizards I dont have as much expirience with but this is what I know so far:

My storm wizard as some good spells and when they don't fizzle I usually end the battle the first ofr second round.She is only level 7, so i havent had too many health problems yet.

My ice wizard has good sheilds and good health, but battles take a lot longer than with my storm wizard.

My life wizard is good with healing but I only have 1 good damage spell.For a level 7 anyway.

My death wizard is good with draining spells. But she seems to fizzle more than i thought a death wizard would!!!

My storm wizard is great with minions! But villians they are crazy with myth sheilds!!

Well I guess every wizards has its advantages and drawbacks!!!

Jasmine Firesong,
Magus pyromancer

Ashley Stormbreeze,
Apprentice Diviner

Marrisa Frostblossom,
Apprentice Thautramaugh(Or whatever you call it. I mean ice ok!)

Jessica Roseblossom,
Apprentice Theurgist (Hey I didnt comfuse that with ice this time! LOL!)

Samantha Legendstone,
Apprentice conjurer

Destiny Shadowstone,
Appentice Necromancer


Defender
Mar 08, 2009
144
About storm being underpowered.... I will have to disagree. Master/grandmasters Remember WAY back at level 8 you got glacial shield. Well there is your ice shield( and fire ) and also if they use storm on you too get a storm shield for a free at that girl ( Her name escapes my mind at the moment ) ! See look. Ice can shield and block and has lots of health, but storm has low health but can kill pretty fast, all it really takes is some turns. First Storm trap, then blade, then elemental blade, then elemental trap, then darkwind ( and windstorm if you want ) then triton BANG A nice One hit kill for your opponent. As for the thing about luck i completely disagree too. No matter what class you are its the same drop rate. I have a life char and it took my about 60 times of killing oyotomi for the life sword so i think it doesnt matter what type you are :D.

Survivor
May 24, 2009
6
While I do not agree with storm being the unluckiest (because every school has their advantages and weak points) but I think I would like it if they updated the luck a bit.

Let's take Runescape for example. In that game (unlike WoW) it is all about LUCK. With luck you can buy your way through the game, which is extremely unfair for those people who aren't so lucky.

but this game just needs to fix the wand/sword drops, by giving a staff, wand or sword THAT IS YOUR ACTUAL SCHOOL TYPE FIRST, then any other kind of staff, wand or sword can be dropped.

Explorer
Apr 22, 2009
54
hiddengamerartist wrote:
While I do not agree with storm being the unluckiest (because every school has their advantages and weak points) but I think I would like it if they updated the luck a bit.

but this game just needs to fix the wand/sword drops, by giving a staff, wand or sword THAT IS YOUR ACTUAL SCHOOL TYPE FIRST, then any other kind of staff, wand or sword can be dropped.


I think this game (as far as drops go) are: you get it or you don't. thats just the way it is. I farmed the Jade Oni with my Ice Wiz for a LONG time before I finally finally finally got the hydra amulet and the sword, but i have yet to get my Ice hat. A friend farmed with me to get the Fire robes and has yet to get them, but I have gotten them twice. I have farmed Spiderkeeper for hours and have yet to get my Ice hat. My storm wiz has yet to get the Storm Trap amulet from Odji Sokkwi or the Myth Wand from the Soul Scavenger, but my friend who is Death has already gotten the Myth Wand. It all depends on what the computer feels like giving you.

As far as getting actual school type wands/swords/staffs; I don't want my own schools wand/sword/staff. I want the boost (meaning the one that is their weakness) wand/staff/sword, or another school's entirely. I NEVER use my storm wand with my storm wiz. It defeats the purpose of traps and blades in my opinion. If i use a myth, I don't knock out my own traps/blades. When I was on my Ice Wiz, I used Oyotomi's Jade Wand (life) or Do-Dega's Staff(myth) because the friend I was Fire and I didn't want to knock out his traps.

I know it's all matter of opinion, but that's how I work. If there is going to be an "automatic sword drop" I don't want my own school's, its useless to me unless I can trade it to another wiz.

Sarai Dragonstone Lvl 50 Ice/Storm
Sarai Dragonheart Lvl 27 Storm/Death

Explorer
Feb 07, 2009
85
Drops are random you do not have chances change for your school. For example, I have killed malistair 20 times, wanting to get a fire robe, and all of my drops are out of my school. On the other hand, my friend is also fire and he got the robe on his first try. Therefore, Drop chances have nothing to do with your school.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cya in the spiral
Hope it helps

Alex wildbraker
lvl 46 fire wizard