Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Low Level Side Content (Photomancy & Mail)

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 09, 2010
I was theorizing the other day about some low-mid level side content that I think would fit into the game quite well and also allow for other suggestions players have made to be incorporated. I'll build off these ideas in another thread later (since they fit in nicely with another suggestion I had in mind.)

The two main ideas expand on Marleybone Daily Assignments and Photomancy. Let's start with Photomancy.

Photomancy:
Photomancy, when released, reminded me of Zeke's quests. They're scavenger hunts essentially and that's perfect. What I'd really like to see are Photomancy quests that award training points. They'd obviously be stylized like Zeke and Eloise quests, but the twist is that you're taking pictures. An extra challenge that you could face as a photomancer is trying to get the perfect shot. Some of the characters that you're photographing should include npcs that walk around. This would serve as an excuse to add more of these npcs to make worlds livelier and as an added trick to finding and then snapping a pic for your quest.

Similarly, some characters should be peek-a-boo style, where they pop out only for a second before hiding again. I'm not aware of many npcs that do this in the game, but a similar challenge might be photographing the "Todd Pole" fish that hops out of the waterfall in Grizzleheim.

I'm not as confident about this next portion, but perhaps it'd be neat to try. As an added benefit, players should be rewarded for sharing their pictures on social media. Twitter and the like. This would spread awareness of the game but also be rewarding for the player through receive double quest rewards for sharing their pictures.

In Short:
  • Add Photomancy Quest stylized like Zeke and Eloise quests that award training points.
  • Make them challenging by having players photograph roaming npcs and peek-a-boo npcs.
  • Add more roaming npcs and peek-a-boo npcs.
  • Give players double quest rewards for sharing their pictures on social media.

Now onto Daily Assignments.

Marleybone Daily Assignments:
The idea with this came from the fact that Marleybone is a rather short world in Wizard101 and it's missing something. What I came up with is Mail Delivery. These would be timed tasks that requires the player to deliver mail to some destination quickly. The faster the delivery, the more rewards & gold the player earns. Much like how Daily Assignments have you travel all over the spiral, so too would these mail delivery assignments.

The rewards players could receive would be similar to those in Daily Assignments, but also a special reward item could be “Stamps.” And what good are stamps without a stamp collection book? These could range from simple doodles to full on concept art of the game. It'd be a fun and interactive way to find concept art all through in game mechanics.

Another use for stamps could be through unlocking or crafting additional Best Friend symbols, Photomancy stamps, and emotes.

For a few larger ideas involving stamps, one thought was to use them in the crafting recipes for tapestries, as every good postman will tell you that teleporting around really helps in mail delivery, but if not, perhaps a lower / entry level craft-able mount like a dervish of mail (similar to the school types) at 20-30% speed would be better.

Another common recent suggestion involves being able to leave your friends messages so you can coordinate with one another. This is likely a big task on its own, but implementing it through crafting a Home Mailbox with stamps as an ingredient (or even a currency) to send and leave messages for friends would make it fit all the more.

All in all, this content would fit right in a niche for collectors and crafters alike in a world that's rather small.

In Short:
  • Add Daily Assignment Style quests in Marleybone that would take players all across the spiral in timed missions to deliver mail.
  • Reward players for their speedy delivery with gold and other prizes, among them a new currency / reagent "Stamps."
  • Give players a book where they can collect stamps and give them unlocks / crafting for best friend symbols, emotes, concept art, or photomancy stamps.
  • Give players crafting options for lower boost speed mounts or a mailbox to send / receive messages.