Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Long Overdue Talk About Sacred Charge & Aphrodite Access

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
It's been about 5 years since Sacred Charge was released into Wiz101 locked behind one of the most notoriously abysmal drops rates in the game to date and exclusively affects Life wizards immensely. Other's have suggested moving the drop to a different less excessively time consuming boss fight and MOST importantly a much more physically accessible boss. Or even better yet, after an eternity of 5 years and going, just finally move it over to Loremaster and/or make it craftable via recipe.

I have personally been farming Aphrodite for the last 3+ years and have not gotten it once while seeing others get it in their first try or under 10 attempts and it is so demoralizing. I am not alone in being in this situation and I have seen many posts over the years and heard the numerous stories in game over the years with countless Life players is even more stark. I can understand making it difficult to obtain in it's original release and for a time, but anyone who has collectively put anywhere up to 3 months of consistently fighting Aphrodite alone and more time upwards further to 6 months or more fighting in other places/bosses acquiring the gold keys just to get in to Aphrodite on countless attempts SHOULD have had it drop by then. DEFINITELY there is no way that we should have a situation where we have players that still have not been able to get it to drop going on multiple years like myself 3 years and worse yet for others it's been more up to 5 years of consistently trying, and nothing.

On that note of talking about the Aphrodite encounter.The way Aphrodite is placed inside of Darkmoor's Graveyard with not having it's own entry key sigil like other key bosses makes this one of THE most frustratingly difficult fights to physically access or get players to join in with no centralized location to reach to the player base for doing it. It's been years since it was introduced of having no pathway to just directly team up exclusively for the Aphrodite encounter inside the Graveyard which has made it extraordinarily untenable for those farming gear drops and the Sacred Charge spell especially or even just to do the fight in general.

Everyone that teams up for Graveyard is either going for just the first Graveyard boss and/or the full dungeon run and possibly someone might be going for Aphrodite but usually nobody is. It's been a toxic cyclical experience for years of people teaming up and immediately bailing because everyone teams for too many different reasons. Then someone always has to take a long timer for what? We need an entry key sigil placed at the Aphrodite gate so players can team for Aphrodite(move the actual key gate inside) specifically if it's to remain inside the Graveyard.

Gabriel Jadeheart

Explorer
Jan 10, 2012
Since she is a key boss she should have her own sigil like most other key bosses.
There is plenty of room in the garden side of darkmoor where the gazebo is?.

Make it a craftable grady spell.
5 aphrodite rings.

15 amber.
25 perfect jade.

That would sound reasonable?.

Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
dylan stronghand on Sep 7, 2020 wrote:
Since she is a key boss she should have her own sigil like most other key bosses.
There is plenty of room in the garden side of darkmoor where the gazebo is?.

Make it a craftable grady spell.
5 aphrodite rings.

15 amber.
25 perfect jade.

That would sound reasonable?.
Yeah others have also posted about having that boss have a key sigil entry like the other key bosses have. Never understood why they ever made it this way which has been a long standing obstacle to getting teams/team up for that boss bc of that and how it's also isolated bc of being realm locked at the Graveyard entrance area where the player base is all split across different realms which compounds the problem.

Delver
Dec 13, 2008
ik its been months since the last post but aside form aphrodite almost never dropping the spell EVER i think the rings at the bare minimum shouldnt take like what 50 keys at least to get the 12% damage rings when verboten mimics rings are EXTREMELY easy beyond belief to get that is something that really should be changed if i had to say the drop rate chances for the 12% damage rings its pretty equal to morganthes old drop rate for the athames and amulets

just my 2 cents on this boss and drop table problem