Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Little kids

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 07, 2010
I know that there would be problems with this, but there is a solution to most if not all problems. What if you could make your characters taller or shorter, it would be fun and I know that many people have been wanting this from wizard101 for a while. Any of my friends who have heard of this idea say that it would be cool but we have run into bugs and snags along the way. The biggest problem we are having is that some people like noobs and plain class clown type people would abuse it and become really short and act like two year olds. Or in some cases little kids would find it cool to look like themselves and while it would be cool some people might abuse them and that would not make the parents very happy. Those are the two major issues, but with what kingsisle has already been able to do with wizard101 I would not be suprised if they made this happen. I would definetly be overjoyed if they even bothered to look at my idea, well its not even my idea, I came up with it but my friends have helped me develope it a bit more. I am sure others have come up with something like this too but I have never seen it happen, maybe if more people agree with me then maybe they would think it e big enough thing to consider working on. I know that the kingsisle staff is very busy and I love every person working in it, from the smallest of chat or in game mods, to the programers and coders that make this possible. I hope that people will give this idea a chance

Now onto this next part, this is to answer many common questions I get. I know that while it would take a lot of coding and stuff I am sure that there would be a way to make sure that only people with open chat could have the option to make thier characters larger or smaller. I do know that then the others could instantly identify who has open chat and I am not sure if KI would want that to happen, I am sure that if they could do that though they could make some servers that are open chat people only. I hope that this is possible, if it is not because of the way the game is already coded than I am sorry and I know that you can not do anything about that. I am sure that there would be more ways around this though, having everybody being able to edit thier characters would be one. That brings up more issues though but I am sure that you can jump almost every hurdle you come across. I am filled with ideas and I would love to be able to write them all out for you to read them, I would love to work for a gaming company like this or maybe become a writer when I am out of highschool. It is one of my dreams, I know that the staff can not come up with ALL of this themselves, some of the ideas do come from people like us, fans, players, players parent, future gamers, etc. and I know that KI does not mind hearing from us. I encourage people that if they have an idea that they would love to see in the game to post it on here or even better, email the company AND write them a letter AND post it on here, just make sure that you don't get a restraining order lol. I hope that people looked at this and took time to think about it and maybe comment :3.

Ps. maybe get some really pretty faces on our characters, most are a bit weird looking

Pps. and if you are going to comment please think about a way to fix the issue before you comment. I would love to hear what you think but please don't be rude on the forums.

Ppps. Another thing to chew on is maybe having a word like dragonspyres past, with water running through, I have been thinking about this for a REALLY long time, I will post about it on another thread ;)

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
Hi. Right away I did find a few problems, though the concept is nice. The foremost problem is that all characters are student Wizards in Ravenwood, no matter what level, rank, or school. Changing height would allow you to change this, which would devastate the games plot. It would be weird for Meowiarty to say: "Bested by a mere student wizard!" to a 6' 4" Magus Necromancer, lol. But, there could be "size changing elixirs" for sale for both Crowns and Gold in the crowns shop! One to shrink, (Shrinking Elixir) and one to grow (Growing Elixir). For Crowns only, there could also be increased results versions of them (Microscopic Elixir to shrink to the size of the fences in Wizard city, and Titanic Elixir to grow to the size of a Cyclops NPC). The effects would be cancelled during battle.

Delver
Jun 21, 2009
This might not solve the problem of stress between newer members and older. In fact it might make it worse, because you single yourself out. My suggestion was to divide the parents and children into groups using driver license.

Defender
May 21, 2011
Milo80 wrote:
I know that there would be problems with this, but there is a solution to most if not all problems. What if you could make your characters taller or shorter, it would be fun and I know that many people have been wanting this from wizard101 for a while. Any of my friends who have heard of this idea say that it would be cool but we have run into bugs and snags along the way. The biggest problem we are having is that some people like noobs and plain class clown type people would abuse it and become really short and act like two year olds. Or in some cases little kids would find it cool to look like themselves and while it would be cool some people might abuse them and that would not make the parents very happy. Those are the two major issues, but with what kingsisle has already been able to do with wizard101 I would not be suprised if they made this happen. I would definetly be overjoyed if they even bothered to look at my idea, well its not even my idea, I came up with it but my friends have helped me develope it a bit more. I am sure others have come up with something like this too but I have never seen it happen, maybe if more people agree with me then maybe they would think it e big enough thing to consider working on. I know that the kingsisle staff is very busy and I love every person working in it, from the smallest of chat or in game mods, to the programers and coders that make this possible. I hope that people will give this idea a chance

Now onto this next part, this is to answer many common questions I get. I know that while it would take a lot of coding and stuff I am sure that there would be a way to make sure that only people with open chat could have the option to make thier characters larger or smaller. I do know that then the others could instantly identify who has open chat and I am not sure if KI would want that to happen, I am sure that if they could do that though they could make some servers that are open chat people only. I hope that this is possible, if it is not because of the way the game is already coded than I am sorry and I know that you can not do anything about that. I am sure that there would be more ways around this though, having everybody being able to edit thier characters would be one. That brings up more issues though but I am sure that you can jump almost every hurdle you come across. I am filled with ideas and I would love to be able to write them all out for you to read them, I would love to work for a gaming company like this or maybe become a writer when I am out of highschool. It is one of my dreams, I know that the staff can not come up with ALL of this themselves, some of the ideas do come from people like us, fans, players, players parent, future gamers, etc. and I know that KI does not mind hearing from us. I encourage people that if they have an idea that they would love to see in the game to post it on here or even better, email the company AND write them a letter AND post it on here, just make sure that you don't get a restraining order lol. I hope that people looked at this and took time to think about it and maybe comment :3.

Ps. maybe get some really pretty faces on our characters, most are a bit weird looking

Pps. and if you are going to comment please think about a way to fix the issue before you comment. I would love to hear what you think but please don't be rude on the forums.

Ppps. Another thing to chew on is maybe having a word like dragonspyres past, with water running through, I have been thinking about this for a REALLY long time, I will post about it on another thread ;)

Nice idea :)
But yea there are people who like being babies.
Its not only on wizard101, it happens on other games, like one I used to play.
Yeah maybe some new faces but I have found a face that looks good enough for me.
:) peace out!

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
well how about making the tall/ short thing an elixir you can by in the crown shop.

but the short could only be 75% of natural height and
the tall would be about 150% of natural height.

natural height is the height of the current avatar.
and i think maybe 10.000 crowns would be a good price.

but there would be a drawback to the increase or decrease in size.

too tall the mounts are too small to be ridden
too short and you cant get on the mounts.

now you may have to visit Eloise too.
too tall she will have to alter your outfits to fit you and
she may not have what she needs on hand to do this
so you could end up with rather unusual looking clothes.

like different colored cuffs on your pants or
the lower part of the top may be different as well.

and if your too small well you will have to have her shorten them
but when you get back to natural height
your clothes will be too short as well.

just a few ideas and pit falls to this idea.

actually i think it would be grand to see this come about.
the coding would be a horrendous in its self to write.

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
Cool idea! Although there could be those problem you mentioned, it could add to the uniqueness of our wizards.

Survivor
Jul 08, 2011
I'd love to be able to add glasses to my characters. I know my mother made one after my brother, and he wears them constantly. My husband and I wish they'd come out with more hair ideas, eye colors, etc. Kind of like the sims, where you can add things to their hair. Streaks, etc. I don't know. The problems mentioned, could be worked around. Some people are more portly than others, and then we have some that are extremely thin, like regular wizards. Some are actually bald, or in my case, Italian and extremely short. LoL

But I do like these ideas. I hope they look into it. It would be wonderful if that ever happened.

Squire
Dec 21, 2008