Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Life Needs A Dot

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 29, 2011
Dear KI, may I please address a massive flaw in the life spell? Now lets see storm and fire. You give them both to all enemies spells, making them more fit for the 4v4 world. Great! Now with mastery amulets life isn't as needed at much in 4v4, so lets see. You gave us a 1v1 spell gnome! Good spell but here is the problem, now less people will carry around volcanic shields (fire and storm) and with the increase of life wizards there will be more life shields from most likely (death, myth, balance, ice) the schools that can all shield life! All of them!
I mean Death has 2 (Skeletal Dragon, Poison), Ice has 2 (Frostbite, Snow angel), Myth has 1? Why did myth even get one? They should have gotten a more powerful Attack all enemies spell in my opinion. But A Dot? They have shatter, earthquake, Minotaur and Orthrus :/. And balance has chimera and hydra and spectral blast, but I suppose they could do with one, and storm has storm hound and storm elf, but I suppose they could use one to.

Bottom Line: Please change gnomes to a Dot, I really want a healing spell for level 78 spell. Since basically all other schools have 1, I think life needs one the most.

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
Noo! I want another attack spell for Life! I'm tired of only having Centaur for 1vs1 battles!

Before Forest Lord came out, Life was THE weakest class in combat, due to a complete and utter lack of battle prowess. It's still a pain in the wrong end to solo a life wizard due to the utter lack of anything resembling an AOE until level 58!

Our strength lies in healing, and keeping the enemy at bay through sheer HP. When we attack, it is quick and fast and hard - leave the other classes with their DOT, and let us laugh when we cast Triage and watch their attempts of hurting us being wasted.

Keep Gnome as an attack spell. Let the Theurgist become a force of nature as a Transcend. It's tons of fun, after all.

Defender
Apr 26, 2009
O you feel that way about centaur i won a 1v1 with only centaurs, but only beacuse i forgot to put forest lords in :P.

GO LIFE

Diana Dragonpyre
Life: Legendary ( PVP Veteran)

Survivor
Apr 29, 2011
Bookshelvings wrote:
Noo! I want another attack spell for Life! I'm tired of only having Centaur for 1vs1 battles!

Before Forest Lord came out, Life was THE weakest class in combat, due to a complete and utter lack of battle prowess. It's still a pain in the wrong end to solo a life wizard due to the utter lack of anything resembling an AOE until level 58!

Our strength lies in healing, and keeping the enemy at bay through sheer HP. When we attack, it is quick and fast and hard - leave the other classes with their DOT, and let us laugh when we cast Triage and watch their attempts of hurting us being wasted.

Keep Gnome as an attack spell. Let the Theurgist become a force of nature as a Transcend. It's tons of fun, after all.

But if it was A Dot.... It would still be an attack spell XD. But whenever I 1v1, they spam life shields! So gnomes will be useless! It wont matter they cant heal for 2 rounds or more. We could be even better with A Dot, and since when is life attacks supposed to be quick fast and hard? Thats storm my friend, I just want a way to break shields in pvp, It could be useful for pve to.

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
Explorer
Mar 02, 2010
Life NEEDS ATTACK! I'm tired of building up on a centaur that a lot of the time, on the higher ranked battles, it only BARELY eliminates ONE enemy! Life needs a damage to all spell that has nice attack. So i say on the next expansion make an all enemy damage spell!

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
There's already have a misplaced DoT (Basilisk). I don't want another. I'd rather just have the (awful, ridiculous, absurd, childish, basic, non-threatening looking cruel joke that is the) gnome.

Survivor
Apr 29, 2011
Well We need a better to all heal than rebirth, so next expansion I am hoping for one, but now make Gnomes! A Dot!

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
hease4476 wrote:
Well We need a better to all heal than rebirth, so next expansion I am hoping for one, but now make Gnomes! A Dot!

Forest Lord is an effective AOE, and Gnomes! is gonna be even better than Centaur (even though the effect is useless). I don't get why you so desperately want this DoT. It's not like Life needs it. Life has everything it needs right now. I agree; the next spell should be an AOE healing spell, but Life doesn't need a DoT. Like I keep saying, DoTs are Fire's unique ability, and with all these other schools getting DoTs it's not staying as "unique" as some other mediums the other schools have. Life is still the only school with effective healing spells, Myth is still the only school with double-attack spells, and Balance is still the only school that can attack outside its school. What does Fire get?

Explorer
Jun 23, 2011
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
hease4476 wrote:

Forest Lord is an effective AOE, and Gnomes! is gonna be even better than Centaur (even though the effect is useless). I don't get why you so desperately want this DoT. It's not like Life needs it. Life has everything it needs right now. I agree; the next spell should be an AOE healing spell, but Life doesn't need a DoT. Like I keep saying, DoTs are Fire's unique ability, and with all these other schools getting DoTs it's not staying as "unique" as some other mediums the other schools have. Life is still the only school with effective healing spells, Myth is still the only school with double-attack spells, and Balance is still the only school that can attack outside its school. What does Fire get?

You're right. Fire needs to have something unique as well. Life already has something special... healing. So why make the gnomes a dot?

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2011
Survivor
Apr 29, 2011
I am talking about PvP mostly people! And anyways, life is being replaced with mastery amulets! So dont say, "Healing is our special thing" Because its not! Almost everyone else can use them, fire gets the most Dots out of any, if Ice, death, and myth didnt get them, I would not want life to have it, but fire gets a heal from link and power link, isnt that LIFE'S thing? Why dont you give it back then? But since other schools have it, We need one to. With treant polymorphs and Mastery amulets, life wizards are becoming discarded and replaced.

Delver
Jul 09, 2009
stormschool99 wrote:
Life does not need a DoT. Do you ever see death mobs using life shield? :P

Exactly. Life needs a DoT as much as a Storm has health, no offense.
Fire's main skills are AoE and DoTs. Life just got triage, so its a little hypocritical to give them a DoT. Gnomest(not gnome or gnomes because gnomes isn't a word) does a good amount of damage and leaves two not one, but two life dispels. Life wasn't mean't for 1v1, just like Storm wasn't really meant for PvP just do 4v4. Life wizards actually do a lot of damage even with a shield and resist. This thread should be called "Life thinks they need a DoT".
Aaron Drakewalker Level 68 Pyromancer

Delver
Jul 09, 2009
hease4476 wrote:
I am talking about PvP mostly people! And anyways, life is being replaced with mastery amulets! So dont say, "Healing is our special thing" Because its not! Almost everyone else can use them, fire gets the most Dots out of any, if Ice, death, and myth didnt get them, I would not want life to have it, but fire gets a heal from link and power link, isnt that LIFE'S thing? Why dont you give it back then? But since other schools have it, We need one to. With treant polymorphs and Mastery amulets, life wizards are becoming discarded and replaced.

Wow. Almost ever school has a Dot which is Fire's thing. Why not leave it at that. Fire got link and power link because Storm finished battles quickly in PvE and the other schools lasted the hits, Myth has powerful minions and etc. So we got a bond spell so we could do some PvE without always calling for help. Polymorph isn't that good no resist it gets killed right away after it heals. Life doesn't need a DoT. You also have to notice most players don't have crowns for that stuff, some of my friends can't even get their rank 8 spells. Nothing with life is going down its still does well in PvP, your just being paranoid. Maybe its your deck or you. You might of lost major skill or began a losing streak; causing you to think Life needs a Dot but it, doesn't.

Aaron Drakewalker Level 68 Pyromancer

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
hease4476 wrote:

Wow, paranoid much?! Okay; first, the difference between Life healing spells and Fire/Power Link is that Life spells only heal, while Fire/Power Link heal the caster while dealing damage to the target. Anyway, not every wizard's running to buy Life Mastery Amulets, and even if they were all they'd be able to cast without thinking about pip cost is Fairy, Sprite, and Satyr. That's it! Also, Treant polymorphs can get you by once, but that's pretty much it. Relying on Treant in extensive boss battles is asinine. I wish people would realize that most people know an amulet or a polymorph is no substitute for the real thing. Theurgists were, are, and will always be relevant and wanted, now calm down. Lastly what does any of this have to do with Life needing a DoT?

Defender
Jun 04, 2009
Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
twilightwma wrote:
Life does NOT need anymore healing spells!!

Life's medium is healing spells, plus as we get stronger so do our enemies. We might need a more powerful healing spell in the future.

Survivor
Apr 29, 2011
I am not paranoid thank you very much, your pretty rude. It's not that hard to get a mastery amulet from WW or ToTH, and what about spamming life shields?We do need a Dot, and another to all healing spell which is probably what the level 78 spell is going to be, if they dont change Gnomes to a dot, I will want a dot more =/, You guys probably dont have a life wizard, so I wouldnt really expect you to understand how difficult it is in PvP for us, and in PvE, since we dont get a AOE until level 58. We need a Dot spell =/. Much more than myth ever did, which shatter, earthquake, orthrus, Minotaur, AND stuns.
Try making a life wizard and getting him to level 70 and doing 1v1, Then we shall see what your opinion is then.

Defender
Aug 07, 2010
Ironically I posted a very similar post before the new world before the new spells and I have been saying this for a long time. But Life does need a dot. It has no multi-hit spell like Minotaur and it does not have a dot like the other schools. And when one person lays a life shield its hard to combo. I was a life warlord I do know how to fight and there are some ways around it for the short part

1) Stack a few shatter treasures in your deck would be a good way to get past it

2) Use my strategy and blade up and blade up while you shield if someone throws a weakness or tower shield up then you wand it off. You are using a weak spell? So just do the same thing with a weak life spell I like to use the pot of gold guy and then have many sets of blades on me to follow by a big attack once their shields are off. Also summon a minion she heals you and she attacks and takes shields off. Hope this helps :)

P.S at lvl 78 life needs a dot that is does 550 up front to all enemies followed by 700 over three rounds. I will be very happy :)

Defender
Jul 18, 2011
hease4476 wrote:
I am not paranoid thank you very much, your pretty rude. It's not that hard to get a mastery amulet from WW or ToTH, and what about spamming life shields?We do need a Dot, and another to all healing spell which is probably what the level 78 spell is going to be, if they dont change Gnomes to a dot, I will want a dot more =/, You guys probably dont have a life wizard, so I wouldnt really expect you to understand how difficult it is in PvP for us, and in PvE, since we dont get a AOE until level 58. We need a Dot spell =/. Much more than myth ever did, which shatter, earthquake, orthrus, Minotaur, AND stuns.
Try making a life wizard and getting him to level 70 and doing 1v1, Then we shall see what your opinion is then.
life does NOT need a DO T! they got triag which takes away that things that goes around them damage then 3 times so giving life A DO T will be a little unfair.