Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Library Improvements.

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 09, 2010
180
Ya know that library in The Commons? Yeah. Me too. The thing is, it loses it's value after about level 20: when people have outgrown those specific Treasure Cards that Harold sells there. What if we could give it a larger meaning?

I propose that KI adds an expansion to the library, a room with book shelves (and of course books) Where you have the option to click on a book or "press x" to actually read the book! The book wouldn't be big of course. It would most likely be a couple pages long, but with plenty of information. (The player chooses the book, and a panel comes up which displays the title and some pages from the book to sift through). But what I'm really thinking is that there are different shelves, and some shelves are dedicated to certain worlds, and contain a few books that involve topics from those worlds. This would be a treat fro those who like to invest themselves deeper in Wizard101s lore without leaving the game or completing the story. And for teasing, there is always one empty shelf in the back with no books on it, indicating more worlds being added in the game in the future.

Anyways this is just an idea I came up with while walking outside, and I thought I'd share it with the people of the message boards. Hope you enjoyed


Explorer
May 17, 2009
68
Nice idea. Another thing they could do is make each book a dungeon. Maybe have a book on the past of Harold or someone and have you go along inside the book as a small side quest (similiar to the four boxes almost). They could make it an event of somekind if they wanted and have the book quests show up at certain times in the spiral. It would be fun exploring more of the past of Wizard101 that way and since there are many libraries in the spiral there could be book quests in those worlds for the event. Just a thought.

Defender
May 09, 2010
180
Swayyy on Feb 4, 2015 wrote:
Nice idea. Another thing they could do is make each book a dungeon. Maybe have a book on the past of Harold or someone and have you go along inside the book as a small side quest (similiar to the four boxes almost). They could make it an event of somekind if they wanted and have the book quests show up at certain times in the spiral. It would be fun exploring more of the past of Wizard101 that way and since there are many libraries in the spiral there could be book quests in those worlds for the event. Just a thought.
Yeah, maybe there could be certain books you'd have to earn. Interesting....

Survivor
Sep 02, 2013
7
This is a great idea.

Personally I love the story of Wizard101 but the background lore is somewhat lackluster and hidden in side quests.

KI, this is a very good suggestion and kudos to the creator.

Defender
May 09, 2010
180
Morgrim Darkflame on Feb 5, 2015 wrote:
This is a great idea.

Personally I love the story of Wizard101 but the background lore is somewhat lackluster and hidden in side quests.

KI, this is a very good suggestion and kudos to the creator.
Yeah, the good stuff is hidden more often then not in side quests.

That obelisk orb quest in Khrysalis REALLY left me thinking.

A library improvement could make this games lore more focused.

Delver
Mar 17, 2011
278
lettup on Feb 4, 2015 wrote:
Ya know that library in The Commons? Yeah. Me too. The thing is, it loses it's value after about level 20: when people have outgrown those specific Treasure Cards that Harold sells there. What if we could give it a larger meaning?

I propose that KI adds an expansion to the library, a room with book shelves (and of course books) Where you have the option to click on a book or "press x" to actually read the book! The book wouldn't be big of course. It would most likely be a couple pages long, but with plenty of information. (The player chooses the book, and a panel comes up which displays the title and some pages from the book to sift through). But what I'm really thinking is that there are different shelves, and some shelves are dedicated to certain worlds, and contain a few books that involve topics from those worlds. This would be a treat fro those who like to invest themselves deeper in Wizard101s lore without leaving the game or completing the story. And for teasing, there is always one empty shelf in the back with no books on it, indicating more worlds being added in the game in the future.

Anyways this is just an idea I came up with while walking outside, and I thought I'd share it with the people of the message boards. Hope you enjoyed

I think you have a great idea

and how about quest that send you into the books to live the story and you could do the quest over and over again but they wouldn't be hard they be really easy relax and fun quest also what about books you could check out for a limited time with crowns or even buy and place in you house and the person who visit can read it or live the story

Defender
May 09, 2010
180
sliver moon wolf on Feb 8, 2015 wrote:
I think you have a great idea

and how about quest that send you into the books to live the story and you could do the quest over and over again but they wouldn't be hard they be really easy relax and fun quest also what about books you could check out for a limited time with crowns or even buy and place in you house and the person who visit can read it or live the story
I'm not thinking involving crowns into anything about my idea, but doing quests to get certain books might be neat.