Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Leviathan

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 30, 2010
The leviathan is a great spell, but there is something that would improve it. Us storm wizards rather use triton considering that it does almost 1000 damage, as leviathan does, and it takes 6 pips where leviathan takes 8 pips. I find that the remove 2 positive effect of Leviathan is not useful. I think that KI should change that to make it more beneficial and superior to triton.

Here are some suggestions for what could replace Leviathans effect to make it better.

1. stun for 2 rounds

2. Remove 2 shields

3. +35 or +40% buff to next storm attack.

tell me what you think of this. thx.

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
taskforce876 wrote:
The leviathan is a great spell, but there is something that would improve it. Us storm wizards rather use triton considering that it does almost 1000 damage, as leviathan does, and it takes 6 pips where leviathan takes 8 pips. I find that the remove 2 positive effect of Leviathan is not useful. I think that KI should change that to make it more beneficial and superior to triton.

Here are some suggestions for what could replace Leviathans effect to make it better.

1. stun for 2 rounds

2. Remove 2 shields

3. +35 or +40% buff to next storm attack.

tell me what you think of this and could an admin or mod reply to this to tell me what they think. thx.

Leviathan is the single most powerful spell in the game right now, and you want it to do MORE??

Survivor
Jun 30, 2010
Superwiz1560 wrote:

Leviathan is the single most powerful spell in the game right now, and you want it to do MORE??

I didn't say that. I just think the remove two positives is useless.

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
taskforce876 wrote:
Superwiz1560 wrote:

You also thought, and I quote:

I think that KI should change that to make it more beneficial and superior to triton.

Either way, it's kind of redudnant if you think about it. With a buff and a Feint, Leviathan can trample almost everything in its path, besides another Diviner Creature. The removal of two charms is more or less the salt to throw in a wound, rather than something that can be actively beneficial.

Another example is Efreet. More often than not, the addition of a 90% Weakness is about as redundant as Leviathan's effect, but if one of my opponents is still standing after getting cleaved in half, it's nice to know that they're crippled from the neck down for about a turn or two, so they can't retaliate as effectively.

Same with Leviathan. If I have a Balanceblade and a Fireblade and was about to maul you with Efreet, how mad do you think I'd be if you sicked Leviathan on me and not only smashed all my organs into my shoes, but destroyed those two charms? I'd be pretty peeved. Would you?

Survivor
Jun 30, 2010
Superwiz1560 wrote:
taskforce876 wrote:
Superwiz1560 wrote:

You also thought, and I quote:

I think that KI should change that to make it more beneficial and superior to triton.

Either way, it's kind of redudnant if you think about it. With a buff and a Feint, Leviathan can trample almost everything in its path, besides another Diviner Creature. The removal of two charms is more or less the salt to throw in a wound, rather than something that can be actively beneficial.

Another example is Efreet. More often than not, the addition of a 90% Weakness is about as redundant as Leviathan's effect, but if one of my opponents is still standing after getting cleaved in half, it's nice to know that they're crippled from the neck down for about a turn or two, so they can't retaliate as effectively.

Same with Leviathan. If I have a Balanceblade and a Fireblade and was about to maul you with Efreet, how mad do you think I'd be if you sicked Leviathan on me and not only smashed all my organs into my shoes, but destroyed those two charms? I'd be pretty peeved. Would you?

I guess i never thought about it that way