Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Leveling Experiences

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 21, 2012
Hello!

Recently, a few friends of mine have been thinking about how the new player experience is and why most people seem to view questing as this huge daunting task. As a new player, you wouldn't have all the knowledge of how to follow a main questline or how to set up the best decks. As well as the confusion of the unknown, they also have to struggle through some pretty difficult content (that is if they don't throw crowns at the game).

A simple and easily implemented solution for this would be a timed elixir that can be accessed for new accounts that last x amount of days and give a decent stat boost. This way they still get to experience the content everyone else did but at a less frustrating pace.

Another leveling tool would be for players who are already veterans to the game. The suggestion that several members of a community I'm in gave was to create a title that is generated after 2 characters on an account have reached max level. This title would give them access to an item that would let them level in a much faster way. This item would be a dungeon and would have bosses that represents each zone of the game. (Apart from the latest expansion of course).

While this seems like a ridiculous way to level, its for the people that have been playing for years and view leveling as merely a road block to the true content which is endgame. This also gives solo players a way to level without feeling the frustration of a slow grind compared to players who are able to level with a friend or two.

Wizard101 has changed drastically in the past year, simply because of all of its quality of life changes. From the small things of being able to see what blades are on a character, to the big addition of a pet kiosk. This could merely be another step towards a less punishing game mechanic of choosing the wrong classes for how you personally want to play the game.

Thank you for your consideration :D

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
LexiB1313 on May 6, 2019 wrote:
Hello!

Recently, a few friends of mine have been thinking about how the new player experience is and why most people seem to view questing as this huge daunting task. As a new player, you wouldn't have all the knowledge of how to follow a main questline or how to set up the best decks. As well as the confusion of the unknown, they also have to struggle through some pretty difficult content (that is if they don't throw crowns at the game).

A simple and easily implemented solution for this would be a timed elixir that can be accessed for new accounts that last x amount of days and give a decent stat boost. This way they still get to experience the content everyone else did but at a less frustrating pace.

Another leveling tool would be for players who are already veterans to the game. The suggestion that several members of a community I'm in gave was to create a title that is generated after 2 characters on an account have reached max level. This title would give them access to an item that would let them level in a much faster way. This item would be a dungeon and would have bosses that represents each zone of the game. (Apart from the latest expansion of course).

While this seems like a ridiculous way to level, its for the people that have been playing for years and view leveling as merely a road block to the true content which is endgame. This also gives solo players a way to level without feeling the frustration of a slow grind compared to players who are able to level with a friend or two.

Wizard101 has changed drastically in the past year, simply because of all of its quality of life changes. From the small things of being able to see what blades are on a character, to the big addition of a pet kiosk. This could merely be another step towards a less punishing game mechanic of choosing the wrong classes for how you personally want to play the game.

Thank you for your consideration :D
I like the idea and i do agree wiz has changed a lot so much to the point everything now is almost crown related.
There an elixir that skips ur level to 50 for almost an overwhelming price. Such is the state of things atm.