Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Level 65 Crown Gear - Why would you ever buy?

AuthorMessage
Armiger
May 10, 2010
2081
Ok, most of the time, KI makes crown gear, somewhat worth buying...

It is sometimes, in someways, better than gear you can get at that level, and sometimes, it is in some ways, better in some areas and worse in others...

However, usually, it is worth it to some to actually purchase it...

However, the new level 65 Crown gear packages, are totally worthless...

I mean, you may gain critical block, but you lose all critical hit points...
You lose power, you lose accuracy, you lose power pip chance...
You also lose a lot of resistance...

Yes, you gain a little armor piercing ability, but honestly, for those stats, why on earth would anyone ever purchase these?

Please rethink and edit these packages to be better than waterworks gear and actually worth buying!

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
1516
darthjt wrote:
Ok, most of the time, KI makes crown gear, somewhat worth buying...

It is sometimes, in someways, better than gear you can get at that level, and sometimes, it is in some ways, better in some areas and worse in others...

However, usually, it is worth it to some to actually purchase it...

However, the new level 65 Crown gear packages, are totally worthless...

I mean, you may gain critical block, but you lose all critical hit points...
You lose power, you lose accuracy, you lose power pip chance...
You also lose a lot of resistance...

Yes, you gain a little armor piercing ability, but honestly, for those stats, why on earth would anyone ever purchase these?

Please rethink and edit these packages to be better than waterworks gear and actually worth buying!


if they did that for the storm one and kept the normal armor peircing
YIKES
they are fine right now

Armiger
Mar 18, 2009
2380
Not to negate your arguement, but this is a trend. None of the crowns gear, since Dragonspyre first came out, has actually been the best in the game during their era. The Bundles crown gear is even in worse shape.

I wonder if more end up being stitched than anything else?

I guess the reverse arguement is, if you could buy the best gear available, you would never need to keep a subscription open to keep farming!

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
594
kingurz wrote:
Not to negate your arguement, but this is a trend. None of the crowns gear, since Dragonspyre first came out, has actually been the best in the game during their era. The Bundles crown gear is even in worse shape.

I wonder if more end up being stitched than anything else?

I guess the reverse arguement is, if you could buy the best gear available, you would never need to keep a subscription open to keep farming!

If you take 1 piece of each Level 50+ Tier Bundle Gear (for the $39.00 bundles) you get a Dragonblade (35%) Hat, Feint (75%) Robe, and Bladestorm (25%) Boots...

I do love the axe in the Super Bundle, and the Claymore in the Hawk Bundle. Both have great stats... not the best, but Great.

The fact of the matter is that you cannot have EVERY stat on a single piece of Gear anymore due to the nature of the imbalance it would cause...

My prediction is that the Armor Piercing talent on pets will max out at +3% like the Sharp-Eye and Pain-Bringer talents do, not at the 6% of the -Shot / -Giver Talents, or the 5% of Defy or 10% of Proof.

Armiger
Mar 18, 2009
2380
Johnist wrote:
kingurz wrote:
Not to negate your arguement, but this is a trend. None of the crowns gear, since Dragonspyre first came out, has actually been the best in the game during their era. The Bundles crown gear is even in worse shape.

I wonder if more end up being stitched than anything else?

I guess the reverse arguement is, if you could buy the best gear available, you would never need to keep a subscription open to keep farming!

If you take 1 piece of each Level 50+ Tier Bundle Gear (for the $39.00 bundles) you get a Dragonblade (35%) Hat, Feint (75%) Robe, and Bladestorm (25%) Boots...

I do love the axe in the Super Bundle, and the Claymore in the Hawk Bundle. Both have great stats... not the best, but Great.

The fact of the matter is that you cannot have EVERY stat on a single piece of Gear anymore due to the nature of the imbalance it would cause...

My prediction is that the Armor Piercing talent on pets will max out at +3% like the Sharp-Eye and Pain-Bringer talents do, not at the 6% of the -Shot / -Giver Talents, or the 5% of Defy or 10% of Proof.


Correct, the bundles come with good cards, but we are referring to the stats. You can only have one mastery amulet, so your cards pay a steep pip price (depending on what level you redeem). Plus, the Bundles cap out at level 50 (so for the Celestia, Wintertusk, and Zafaria eras, they are worthless since the use of Feint, Dragonblade and Bladestorm do not outweight such critical factors like block, resists, and health which are important on every turn, unlike item cards which are only important for each duel).

Yes, both Darthjt and I both realize you cannot have all the best stats on a single clothing item. A fact I have pointed out many times on these forums. You have to trade something to gain something. However, the arguement is that level 65 Crowns gear is not great at any stat. It is sub par in every stat to it's dropped version. Darthjt is asking what is the incentive for someone to buy the new 65 gear (they all come with your own school spells this time, so the stats are the only thing to compare!!!). The arguement is not that the crowns gear should have all stats increased (or the best in-game), but rather they should have one or two better stats than the level 58 dropped gear at least.

I was merely pointing out that this has been the trend since Dragonspyre (back then, Crowns gear was the best in game). I still don't believe Crowns gear should be the best in the game, but it should provide a quick advantage to gameplay as that is purpose of all Crowns items (henchmen, potions, etc). You pay for an advantage over the time necessary to do it the free way. However, like Darthjt pointed out, it just isn't there with the 65 gear.