Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

...Lets Talk Magic...

AuthorMessage
Defender
Sep 18, 2010
Dear Ravenwood colleagues, recently with the expansion of Khrysalis Promethean wizards received this forbidden magic that tapped into the essence of the Spiral. It was called Shadow magic and was declared extremely powerful and nearly uncontrollable. And now that we have Shadow magic fellow wizards want "Light" magic. But why? Isn't Shadow magic a combination of Light and Darkness? After all, both of those elements must exist in order for a Shadow to form. So, what I'm trying to say is; If we were to have Light magic than we should also receive Dark magic and transform this into the Umbra Trio. And as well, each school should gain a similar quality like the Astral magic. Such as Light gains the Star (aura) quality and Darkness gains the Sun (enchantment) quality. And like Shadow magic's backlash these schools gain a similar effect.

Here's a few examples;

~Light:
Moonlight: Increases Ice, Myth, and Death damage by 25%, +5% Ice, Myth, or Death damage for every Ice, Myth, or Death charm used, +5% incoming damage for every Fire, Storm, and Life charm used over 6 rounds.
Sunlight: Increases Fire, Storm, and Life damage by 25%, +5% Fire, Storm, and Life damage for every Fire, Storm, and Life spell used, +5% incoming damage for every Ice, Myth, and Death spell used over 6 rounds.
Starlight: Increases Balance damage by 20%, +10% Balance Damage every time a Balance spell is used, -10% Incoming healing over 6 rounds.
Grand Light: +10% Universal Damage, +10% Incoming Healing, +10% Outgoing Healing, -10% Health over 4 rounds.

~Dark:
Dark Void: +15% to a Global spell, -15% Health (until globe is replaced).
Dark Defense: +5%, +5% to Stun Rating, +5% to Block Rating, +275 damage when casted.
Dark Charge: +400 Universal damage to any spell, -5% Health when casted.
Dark Force: +450 Universal damage to any attack spell, -10% Health when casted.
Dark Growth: +250 Healing to any heal spell, -25% incoming healing.

~Shadow:
Shadow Siege: +30% universal outgoing damage, +20% universal critical, adds bladestorm whenever an attack spell is used. (opposite of Shadow Shrike)
Shadow Lord: +25% incoming healing, +25% outgoing healing, adds brilliant light whenever a healing spell is used. (similar to Shadow Seraph)
Shadow Rook: +65 universal defense, -40 incoming healing, adds legion shield whenever a loss of 15% of health. (similar to Shadow Sentinel)
Shadow Bane: +10% chance of a tower shield cast, +10% chance of a minor blessing cast, +10% chance of a dragonblade cast, +10 Stun chance, to any attack spell. (+35% backlash)

I'll continue with more spell ideals on different magic, but for now. Any comments on ideals, suggestions, and changes?

~Sincerely, Hunter the Verdant Emerald...

Survivor
Jul 25, 2011
Emerald9649 on Jan 9, 2014 wrote:
Dear Ravenwood colleagues, recently with the expansion of Khrysalis Promethean wizards received this forbidden magic that tapped into the essence of the Spiral. It was called Shadow magic and was declared extremely powerful and nearly uncontrollable. And now that we have Shadow magic fellow wizards want "Light" magic. But why? Isn't Shadow magic a combination of Light and Darkness? After all, both of those elements must exist in order for a Shadow to form. So, what I'm trying to say is; If we were to have Light magic than we should also receive Dark magic and transform this into the Umbra Trio. And as well, each school should gain a similar quality like the Astral magic. Such as Light gains the Star (aura) quality and Darkness gains the Sun (enchantment) quality. And like Shadow magic's backlash these schools gain a similar effect.

Here's a few examples;

~Light:
Moonlight: Increases Ice, Myth, and Death damage by 25%, +5% Ice, Myth, or Death damage for every Ice, Myth, or Death charm used, +5% incoming damage for every Fire, Storm, and Life charm used over 6 rounds.
Sunlight: Increases Fire, Storm, and Life damage by 25%, +5% Fire, Storm, and Life damage for every Fire, Storm, and Life spell used, +5% incoming damage for every Ice, Myth, and Death spell used over 6 rounds.
Starlight: Increases Balance damage by 20%, +10% Balance Damage every time a Balance spell is used, -10% Incoming healing over 6 rounds.
Grand Light: +10% Universal Damage, +10% Incoming Healing, +10% Outgoing Healing, -10% Health over 4 rounds.

~Dark:
Dark Defense: +5%, +5% to Stun Rating, +5% to Block Rating, +275 damage when casted.

~Shadow:
Shadow Siege: +30% universal outgoing damage, +20% universal critical, adds bladestorm whenever an attack spell is used. (opposite of Shadow Shrike)
Shadow Lord: +25% incoming healing, +25% outgoing healing, adds brilliant light whenever a healing spell is used. (similar to Shadow Seraph)
Shadow Rook: +65 universal defense, -40 incoming healing, adds legion shield whenever a loss of 15% of health. (similar to Shadow Sentinel)
Shadow Bane: +10% chance of a tower shield cast, +10% chance of a minor blessing cast, +10% chance of a dragonblade cast, +10 Stun chance, to any attack spell. (+35% backlash)

I'll continue with more spell ideals on different magic, but for now. Any comments on ideals, suggestions, and changes?

That sounds like a cool idea. I Approve! :D

Defender
Sep 18, 2010

Here's a few examples;

~Light:

~Dark:

~Shadow:

Hello Friends, recently I created this Thread so I can share my Spell ideals and hopefully get a taste of all of yours'. And thus I'd like to continue with my previous thread and to do so we'll return to the spells: "Shadow Bane" and "Grand Light" and "Dark Defense". Now, first I'd like to mess around with the effects of the spells (so bare with me)...

~Grand Light, recently the concept ideal was that it provides a series of basic stats. But now, I'd like to modify these stats and make them a big lighter so to speak...
The provided effects will consist of; +12% Universal Defense, +12% Universal Outgoing Damage, +12% Outgoing Healing, and -7% Accuracy over a period of 4 rounds. (I'll be diving more into this spell in just a moment)

~Dark Defense (Thanks to my friend Zachary HawkHunter for sprucing up the name, we've decided that it sounds better as "Night Guard", and along with this the Stats will be spruced a little...
The provided effects will consist of; +15% Resistance, +30% Stun Rating, and +500 Damage once spell is casted.

~Shadow Bane, lastly my random card. Now before I was grasping at an ideal over all effect to make this idea of a spell seem realistic and somewhat friendly. Now the only think I'd like to change is the Minor Blessing cast, I believe it should be modified to perform Lifebat. And now, aside from that I'd like to dwell on a special series of spells...

...Wild Cards (Or; Wyrd Cards, Wyld Cards, Weird Cards), and the basic concept of these Spells are to create a better chance of the Wizard winning a losing battle in PvE. What will happen is the card appears randomly in your deck for 2 rounds before vanishing. Now you may be wondering, what happens when it vanishes. Well, it simply returns to your deck. You've got an unlimited supply and CANNOT control what cards will be in the deck for they'll randomly appear. But be warned, the more you use the spells the less likely they are to appear. And to make it stand out it will have a glowing aura matching to the card's school.

Now, before I conclude my thoughts I want to talk about Shadow Bane and Grand Light and how they'll play into these Wild Cards. So, Shadow Bane upon appearing in hand will cost a Pip (As well will the other spells), not a SHADOW PIP, but a PIP and they will give you an increased Stat from the supplied effects on the card, but only an increased stat that you currently need the most. The effect will also only last for 3 rounds, so plan quickly. Lastly, I'd like to put an input on Pips...

One day, upon the arrival of Shadow Magic I was thinking to myself, why not put the Shadow Pips in the back of the Wizard on the circle? And on the Right side will be Grand Pips (4 pips) and Mega Pips (3 Pips), and on the Left will be Null (for now...) (Shadow Pips could also be used for Light and Dark magic)...

I'll continue next time with Utility Spells, an argument on Shadow Seraph, and an ideal on 98 Spells.

Defender
Sep 18, 2010

Here's a few examples;

~Light:

~Dark:

~Shadow:

A small concept ideal that came to the mind of my friend Zachary HawkHunter's was a series of Level 78 Spells that follow along the Spectral Blast and Celestial Blast spells. However, despite from debate over names and such I decided to post my point of view and when time comes maybe you'll get to see his views too. But for now, here's what I think should be...

~Storm: Plasma Blast: 1000 Storm Damage, +2 Round Stun.
~Fire: Inferno: 250 Fire Damage + 700 Fire Damage over 3 Rounds to All Enemies.
~Ice: Icicle Crash: 600 Ice Damage + 150 Ice Damage over 3 Rounds, Stunned.
~Balance: Celestial Blast: (Follows what the Celestial Blast from the Harpy does but a bit weakened).
~Myth: Doom Plot: 415 Myth Damage to self and 850 Myth Damage to Single Target. (The more Minion/Henchmen alive +150 Myth Damage)
~Death: Ageing Ache: 700 Death Damage, +2 Infections
~Life: Blooming Blast: 650 Damage to All Enemies or 1200 Health to all Allies. (50/50% Chance Healing, 50/50% Chance Attack)

I know I'm grasping at straws here so if anyone wants to give some insight feel free too...

Lastly, I'd like to talk about a concerning issue for many Theurgists. I myself am one and nothing would make me happier than to have a Life spell for 4-5 Pips (Much like Deer Knight) that is an AOL spell, I had two ideals before a BARN OWL in my Agricultural Bundle and a Season's Tree in another thread. If KingsIsle could please take these ideas into consideration I'd much appreciate it. (Especially my Season's Tree) And if anyone would like more detail on either spell you can find the Agriculture Bundle somewhere in the Dorms Area, as for the Season's Tree I'd gladly state the effects, look, and so forth all over again. Especially since I'm considering on changing it...

P.S The Names of the Blast Spells could be modified but what the Spells do I think are somewhat fine but I'm always up for some constructive criticism...and ONE other thing, next time by popular vote(If anyone votes)I'll talk about my ideals on that subject which are as following: Utility Spells, 98 and Future Class Spells, Pet or Lore Spells, and lastly, New Magic and their Spell(s)...

Defender
Sep 18, 2010

Here's a few examples;

~Light:

~Dark:

~Shadow:

I noticed I have a few errors on the Light Spells and so just wanted to fix them (since I can only edit once).

Moonlight: Increases Outgoing Ice, Myth, and Death Damage by 25%, +5% Damage for every Ice, Myth, or Death spell used, +5% Incoming Universal Damage for every Fire, Storm, and Life spell used over a period of 6 rounds.

Sunlight: Increases Outgoing Fire, Storm, and Life Damage by 25%, +5% Universal Damage for every Fire, Storm, and Life spell used, +5% Incoming Universal Damage for every Ice, Myth, and Death spell used over a period of 6 rounds.

Starlight: Increases Outgoing Balance Damage by 20%, +10% Universal Damage for every Balance spell used, -10% Incoming Healing over a period of 4 rounds.

Grandlight: +12% Universal Resistance, +12% Universal Outgoing Damage, +12% Outgoing Healing, -7% Universal Accuracy over a period of 5 rounds.

Feel free to add your thoughts...

Defender
Sep 18, 2010
Emerald9649 on Jan 11, 2014 wrote:
I noticed I have a few errors on the Light Spells and so just wanted to fix them (since I can only edit once).

Moonlight: Increases Outgoing Ice, Myth, and Death Damage by 25%, +5% Damage for every Ice, Myth, or Death spell used, +5% Incoming Universal Damage for every Fire, Storm, and Life spell used over a period of 6 rounds.

Sunlight: Increases Outgoing Fire, Storm, and Life Damage by 25%, +5% Universal Damage for every Fire, Storm, and Life spell used, +5% Incoming Universal Damage for every Ice, Myth, and Death spell used over a period of 6 rounds.

Starlight: Increases Outgoing Balance Damage by 20%, +10% Universal Damage for every Balance spell used, -10% Incoming Healing over a period of 4 rounds.

Grandlight: +12% Universal Resistance, +12% Universal Outgoing Damage, +12% Outgoing Healing, -7% Universal Accuracy over a period of 5 rounds.

Feel free to add your thoughts...

Dear Ravenwooders, I've been thinking about a possible Promthean Spell list and I'd like to share the ideals I have so far will all of you in hope of some constructive criticism. So if I could take 5 minutes of your time for you to look over my presented spells and share your thoughts I'd much appreciate it.

~Pegasus; Rank 11 Storm: 1400 Storm Damage to All Enemies.
~Cherufe; Rank 11 Fire: 1450-1550 Fire Damage to a Single Enemy + Stun.
~Valkyrie; Rank 11 Ice:1000-1100 Ice Damage to All Enemies + 25% Legion Shield to All Al...lies.
~Hecate; Rank 11 Balance: 600-700 + 800 Balance Damage Overtime to All Enemies over a period of 3 rounds and 10% Bladestorm to All Allies.
~Preta; Rank 11 Death: 1100-1200 Death Damage-swap half into health for caster to a Single Enemy + Death Damage Globe.
~Griffin; Rank 11 Myth: 1300-1400 Myth Damage to All Enemies + an Enfeeble on all enemies.
~Heavenly Carol; Rank 11 Life: 675-700 + 500 Life Damage Overtime to All Enemies and 600 Healing to All Allies

Defender
Sep 18, 2010
Emerald9649 on Jan 20, 2014 wrote:
Dear Ravenwooders, I've been thinking about a possible Promthean Spell list and I'd like to share the ideals I have so far will all of you in hope of some constructive criticism. So if I could take 5 minutes of your time for you to look over my presented spells and share your thoughts I'd much appreciate it.

~Valkyrie; Rank 11 Ice:1000-1100 Ice Damage to All Enemies + 25% Legion Shield to All Al...lies.
~Hecate; Rank 11 Balance: 600-700 + 800 Balance Damage Overtime to All Enemies over a period of 3 rounds and 10% Bladestorm to All Allies.
~Preta; Rank 11 Death: 1100-1200 Death Damage-swap half into health for caster to a Single Enemy + Death Damage Globe.
~Griffin; Rank 11 Myth: 1300-1400 Myth Damage to All Enemies + an Enfeeble on all enemies.
~Heavenly Carol; Rank 11 Life: 675-700 + 500 Life Damage Overtime to All Enemies and 600 Healing to All Allies
I wanted to make a small adjustment I overlooked in two of the spells. Pegasus also leaves behind a 12% Windstorm. And Heavenly Carol will become Heavenly Choir and by a matter of opinion it can either Heal all allies along with the damage part or be random and do either damage or healing.

Defender
Sep 18, 2010
Emerald9649 on Jan 22, 2014 wrote:
I wanted to make a small adjustment I overlooked in two of the spells. Pegasus also leaves behind a 12% Windstorm. And Heavenly Carol will become Heavenly Choir and by a matter of opinion it can either Heal all allies along with the damage part or be random and do either damage or healing.

I know it's not Yuletide anymore but I wanted to introduce a possible new set of Yuletide spells. I'm sure many of them will be well known to everyone. And they're names are as followed;
~Specter of the Past
~Specter of the Present
and
~Specter of the Future.

And now for the effects...each spell will have the combined power of 2 schools. Which means 2 Schools can use Power Pips on this spell while others will need a Mastery or Exalted amulet.

Specter of the Past:
Rank X: Ice/Life: 450 Ice Damage + 100 Life Over-Round for every pip the caster has + Cooldown
Specter of the Present:
Rank X: Ice/Balance: Does 650 Ice Damage + 10% Bladestorm that gains an additional 10% for every pip the caster has.
Specter of the Future:
Rank X: Ice/Life: Does 850 Ice Damage + 20% Outgoing ~ 10% Incoming Damage Mass Feint that gains an additional 15% for every pip the caster has.

What do you think of my ideas? Maybe next time I'll do an input on how I think the future of pips could work.

Explorer
Sep 17, 2008
New spells and schools are always a good thing, in my opinion. My only concerns are: story and level. What's the story behind these new spells and/or schools? And when are they available to your wizard? I'm of the opinion that the sooner, the better. Showing off new spells to new players could be good for not only increasing membership, but also helping new players to feel like they have a larger selection of spells to use.

To be honest, I'm not terribly fond of these types of things being supplementary, either. I'd rather have a brand new school right from the start like the 7 already available. Take any of the 3 astral schools and imagine it as its own standalone school, complete with damage spells, area of effects spells, it's own minion(s), traps and blades... Imagine the moon school summoning a giant crazed rabbit or a werewolf that has just turned due to the full moon. Or the star school placing damage over time auras on foes. Or the sun school scorching an enemy with a solar blast.

Each astral school could be a combination of any 2 of the 6 primary schools. Moon would be Myth and Ice, Star would be Storm and Death, Sun would be Fire and Life. Or they could just be their own new damage types.

Defender
Sep 18, 2010
Mythographer on Jan 27, 2014 wrote:
New spells and schools are always a good thing, in my opinion. My only concerns are: story and level. What's the story behind these new spells and/or schools? And when are they available to your wizard? I'm of the opinion that the sooner, the better. Showing off new spells to new players could be good for not only increasing membership, but also helping new players to feel like they have a larger selection of spells to use.

To be honest, I'm not terribly fond of these types of things being supplementary, either. I'd rather have a brand new school right from the start like the 7 already available. Take any of the 3 astral schools and imagine it as its own standalone school, complete with damage spells, area of effects spells, it's own minion(s), traps and blades... Imagine the moon school summoning a giant crazed rabbit or a werewolf that has just turned due to the full moon. Or the star school placing damage over time auras on foes. Or the sun school scorching an enemy with a solar blast.

Each astral school could be a combination of any 2 of the 6 primary schools. Moon would be Myth and Ice, Star would be Storm and Death, Sun would be Fire and Life. Or they could just be their own new damage types.
Thank you for your opinion. But personally I'd like a lack of secondary schools. I'd prefer maybe at least one new school per arc. And as well; Star school is the equivalent of Balance, Sun is the equivalent of Life, Storm, and Fire, and Moon is the equivalent of Ice, Myth, and Death. Lastly, I do like your ideas for the possibility of Sun, Star, and Moon having damage auras, etc.

Defender
Sep 18, 2010
Emerald9649 on Jan 26, 2014 wrote:
I know it's not Yuletide anymore but I wanted to introduce a possible new set of Yuletide spells. I'm sure many of them will be well known to everyone. And they're names are as followed;
~Specter of the Past
~Specter of the Present
and
~Specter of the Future.

And now for the effects...each spell will have the combined power of 2 schools. Which means 2 Schools can use Power Pips on this spell while others will need a Mastery or Exalted amulet.

Specter of the Past:
Rank X: Ice/Life: 450 Ice Damage + 100 Life Over-Round for every pip the caster has + Cooldown
Specter of the Present:
Rank X: Ice/Balance: Does 650 Ice Damage + 10% Bladestorm that gains an additional 10% for every pip the caster has.
Specter of the Future:
Rank X: Ice/Life: Does 850 Ice Damage + 20% Outgoing ~ 10% Incoming Damage Mass Feint that gains an additional 15% for every pip the caster has.

What do you think of my ideas? Maybe next time I'll do an input on how I think the future of pips could work.

Hello, I wanted to conclude my previous commissions that I stated I'd discuss. So I'd like to take several minutes of your time to discuss Utility Spells. Now in case you've never heard of these spells or what they do I shall enlighten you.
Utility Spells are spell cards that grant the caster and/or his/her Friends a useful effect that they may need while in combat.
And now I'd like to present my Utility spell ideas for the Magus, Archmage, and Promethean wizards below. Please bare with me...

~Storm;
Magus: Spark, Rank 2~ +20% Storm Accuracy to self.
Archmage: Whirlpool, Rank 4~ Swaps all Charms with opposing team.
Promethean: Shadow Storm, Rank 4~600 Shadow Damage to everyone in Shadow Form.

~Ice;
Magus: Aurora, Globe, Rank 4~ +40% Stun Block.
Archmage: Permafrost, AOL, Rank 6~ Prevents Positive and Negative Wards from being casted for 4 rounds.
Promethean: Glaciate, AOL, Rank 8~ +30% Universal Resistance to all allies for 2 rounds.

~Fire;
Magus: Flammable, Rank 3~ Makes a DoT last a round longer.
Archmage: FrostFire, AOL, Rank 4~ Places a 10% Fire Trap, 10% Ice Trap, and a Fire Prism on all enemies.
Promethean: Overheat, Rank 5~ Causes a DoT Heal to become a Damage DoT.

~Balance;
Magus: Uncanny Bane, Global, Rank 3~ -40% Power Pip chance.
Archmage: Equality, Rank 5~ Makes the Target have the same amount of Pips as the Caster.
Promethean: Solar Power, AOL, Rank 5~+450 Outgoing Damage to spells.

~Death;
Magus:Heart Swap, Rank 4, (NO PVP)~ Swaps Caster's Health with Target's Health.
Archmage: Mass Feint, AOL, Rank 4~ 45% Incoming Damage to all opposing + 45% Incoming Damage to Caster.
Promethean: Inglorious Revival, Rank 7~ If the Wizard that is granted with this spell is defeated his/her attacker's health will be stolen and given to the defeated Wizard.

~Myth;
Magus: Inspire, Rank X~ +9% x Pip = Myth Blade to self ONLY.
Archmage: Astral Minion, Rank 5~ Brings forth either Ptolemus, Mithraya, or Astreaus.
Promethean: Shadow Minion, Rank 8, (NO PVP)~Brings forth a Minion of Shadow.

~Life;
Magus: Wild Call!, Rank X~ +10% x Pip = Heal Charm to self ONLY.
Archmage: Sagittarius' Bow, Rank 6~ +20% Life Pierce, +20% Life Blade to self ONLY.
Promethean: Serene Songs, AOL, Rank X~ 500 Base Healing + 100 x Pip (Maximum Pip usage: 5).

P.S I hope you liked my ideas and I'd appreciate it if you left your ideas too...
See you in the Spiral...

Defender
Sep 18, 2010
Emerald9649 on Feb 1, 2014 wrote:
Hello, I wanted to conclude my previous commissions that I stated I'd discuss. So I'd like to take several minutes of your time to discuss Utility Spells. Now in case you've never heard of these spells or what they do I shall enlighten you.
Utility Spells are spell cards that grant the caster and/or his/her Friends a useful effect that they may need while in combat.
And now I'd like to present my Utility spell ideas for the Magus, Archmage, and Promethean wizards below. Please bare with me...

~Storm;
Magus: Spark, Rank 2~ +20% Storm Accuracy to self.
Archmage: Whirlpool, Rank 4~ Swaps all Charms with opposing team.
Promethean: Shadow Storm, Rank 4~600 Shadow Damage to everyone in Shadow Form.

~Ice;
Magus: Aurora, Globe, Rank 4~ +40% Stun Block.
Archmage: Permafrost, AOL, Rank 6~ Prevents Positive and Negative Wards from being casted for 4 rounds.
Promethean: Glaciate, AOL, Rank 8~ +30% Universal Resistance to all allies for 2 rounds.

~Fire;
Magus: Flammable, Rank 3~ Makes a DoT last a round longer.
Archmage: FrostFire, AOL, Rank 4~ Places a 10% Fire Trap, 10% Ice Trap, and a Fire Prism on all enemies.
Promethean: Overheat, Rank 5~ Causes a DoT Heal to become a Damage DoT.

~Balance;
Magus: Uncanny Bane, Global, Rank 3~ -40% Power Pip chance.
Archmage: Equality, Rank 5~ Makes the Target have the same amount of Pips as the Caster.
Promethean: Solar Power, AOL, Rank 5~+450 Outgoing Damage to spells.

~Death;
Magus:Heart Swap, Rank 4, (NO PVP)~ Swaps Caster's Health with Target's Health.
Archmage: Mass Feint, AOL, Rank 4~ 45% Incoming Damage to all opposing + 45% Incoming Damage to Caster.
Promethean: Inglorious Revival, Rank 7~ If the Wizard that is granted with this spell is defeated his/her attacker's health will be stolen and given to the defeated Wizard.

~Myth;
Magus: Inspire, Rank X~ +9% x Pip = Myth Blade to self ONLY.
Archmage: Astral Minion, Rank 5~ Brings forth either Ptolemus, Mithraya, or Astreaus.
Promethean: Shadow Minion, Rank 8, (NO PVP)~Brings forth a Minion of Shadow.

~Life;
Magus: Wild Call!, Rank X~ +10% x Pip = Heal Charm to self ONLY.
Archmage: Sagittarius' Bow, Rank 6~ +20% Life Pierce, +20% Life Blade to self ONLY.
Promethean: Serene Songs, AOL, Rank X~ 500 Base Healing + 100 x Pip (Maximum Pip usage: 5).

P.S I hope you liked my ideas and I'd appreciate it if you left your ideas too...
See you in the Spiral...
Hello! I'm going to continue to fulfill my previous commissions. And this one will be about future Pets. Now I know a lot of people want new pets for Khrysalis Part II and I must agree. But what exactly do we want to see? I'll post the pets I want to see and hopefully you will too...
  • Life: World Tree. This pet is portrayed as Bartleby on a Floating Isle and the pet supplies a Rebirth spell.
  • Storm: Storm Owl. This pet is portrayed as a Storm Owl and supplies a Storm Owl spell.
  • Death: Dr. Katzenstein's Monster. This pet is portrayed as Dr. Katzenstein's Monster and supplies a Dr. Von Katzenstein's Monster spell.
  • Myth: Gryphon. This pet is portrayed as the Gryphon from my Promethean spell ideas and it supplies a Griffin spell.
  • Ice: Frost Giant. This pet is portrayed as a Frost Giant on a Cloud and it supplies a Frost Giant spell.
  • Fire: Sun Serpent. This pet is portrayed as a Sun Serpent and it supplies a Sun Serpent spell.
  • Balance: Sabertooth. This pet is portrayed as a Sabertooth and it supplies a Sabertooth spell.
All of the Spells given by the Pets will be enhanced slightly like regular Pet Spells...
P.S Dear, KingsIsle. I'd love to see a Gorgon Polymorph (Myth) to make up for the lack of Polymorphs in Zafaria and the lack of Myth Polymorphs.

Defender
Sep 18, 2010
Hello Friends, recently I created this Thread so I can share my Spell ideals and hopefully get a taste of all of yours'. And thus I'd like to continue with my previous thread and to do so we'll return to the spells: "Shadow Bane" and "Grand Light" and "Dark Defense". Now, first I'd like to mess around with the effects of the spells (so bare with me)...

~Grand Light, recently the concept ideal was that it provides a series of basic stats. But now, I'd like to modify these stats and make them a big lighter so to speak...
The provided effects will consist of; +12% Universal Defense, +12% Universal Outgoing Damage, +12% Outgoing Healing, and -7% Accuracy over a period of 4 rounds. (I'll be diving more into this spell in just a moment)

~Dark Defense (Thanks to my friend Zachary HawkHunter for sprucing up the name, we've decided that it sounds better as "Night Guard", and along with this the Stats will be spruced a little...
The provided effects will consist of; +15% Resistance, +30% Stun Rating, and +500 Damage once spell is casted.

~Shadow Bane, lastly my random card. Now before I was grasping at an ideal over all effect to make this idea of a spell seem realistic and somewhat friendly. Now the only think I'd like to change is the Minor Blessing cast, I believe it should be modified to perform Lifebat. And now, aside from that I'd like to dwell on a special series of spells...

...Wild Cards (Or; Wyrd Cards, Wyld Cards, Weird Cards), and the basic concept of these Spells are to create a better chance of the Wizard winning a losing battle in PvE. What will happen is the card appears randomly in your deck for 2 rounds before vanishing. Now you may be wondering, what happens when it vanishes. Well, it simply returns to your deck. You've got an unlimited supply and CANNOT control what cards will be in the deck for they'll randomly appear. But be warned, the more you use the spells the less likely they are to appear. And to make it stand out it will have a glowing aura matching to the card's school.

Now, before I conclude my thoughts I want to talk about Shadow Bane and Grand Light and how they'll play into these Wild Cards. So, Shadow Bane upon appearing in hand will cost a Pip (As well will the other spells), not a SHADOW PIP, but a PIP and they will give you an increased Stat from the supplied effects on the card, but only an increased stat that you currently need the most. The effect will also only last for 3 rounds, so plan quickly. Lastly, I'd like to put an input on Pips...

One day, upon the arrival of Shadow Magic I was thinking to myself, why not put the Shadow Pips in the back of the Wizard on the circle? And on the Right side will be Grand Pips (4 pips) and Mega Pips (3 Pips), and on the Left will be Null (for now...) (Shadow Pips could also be used for Light and Dark magic)...

I'll continue next time with Utility Spells, an argument on Shadow Seraph, and an ideal on 98 Spells.

Hello, last time I had said I wanted to talk about Shadow Seraph. Well, here I go...
Shadow Seraph is by far my favorite design for a Shadow spell. But that's not what is important. What's important is that this spell is rewritten. Why?
Well it's a Healing Boosting spell but it also has negative effects. Aside from you already taking backlash damage you get an INCREASED amount of damage from the opposing side's spells. This makes it to easy for you to perish. And personally I don't like that.
I believe that the spell should be rewritten like so:
...+25% Outgoing Healing...
...+ 200 Absorb to the Team if a Heal is casted by the S.Seraph...
and
...-25% Outgoing Damage...
What about you? Do you think this spell should be changed and if so how would you rewrite it? And are there any other spells you'd like change?

Defender
Sep 18, 2010
Emerald9649 on Feb 2, 2014 wrote:
Hello, last time I had said I wanted to talk about Shadow Seraph. Well, here I go...
Shadow Seraph is by far my favorite design for a Shadow spell. But that's not what is important. What's important is that this spell is rewritten. Why?
Well it's a Healing Boosting spell but it also has negative effects. Aside from you already taking backlash damage you get an INCREASED amount of damage from the opposing side's spells. This makes it to easy for you to perish. And personally I don't like that.
I believe that the spell should be rewritten like so:
...+25% Outgoing Healing...
...+ 200 Absorb to the Team if a Heal is casted by the S.Seraph...
and
...-25% Outgoing Damage...
What about you? Do you think this spell should be changed and if so how would you rewrite it? And are there any other spells you'd like change?
I'm sorry to all the Balances that like to PvP. But, I really dislike they're advantages in PvP. They can spam 0-Pip Weaknesses, Shields, and even Blades. Then after stacking they used a Judgement that would kill anyone instantly. Not to mention they can already destroy a Wizard's pips and a Wizard's aura while doing damage. I find them a bit overpowered and I think that most of their current spells should gain a requirement of an extra pip. It just isn't fair and I'd much appreciate it if KingsIsle looked into this and did something about it. Does anyone else agree? Or am I just nagging because I can rarely beat a Balance wizard?

Defender
Mar 30, 2010
A small concept ideal that came to the mind of my friend Zachary HawkHunter's was a series of Level 78 Spells that follow along the Spectral Blast and Celestial Blast spells. However, despite from debate over names and such I decided to post my point of view and when time comes maybe you'll get to see his views too. But for now, here's what I think should be...

~Balance: Celestial Blast: (Follows what the Celestial Blast from the Harpy does but a bit weakened).
~Myth: Doom Plot: 415 Myth Damage to self and 850 Myth Damage to Single Target. (The more Minion/Henchmen alive +150 Myth Damage)
~Life: Blooming Blast: 650 Damage to All Enemies or 1200 Health to all Allies. (50/50% Chance Healing, 50/50% Chance Attack)

I know I'm grasping at straws here so if anyone wants to give some insight feel free too...

Lastly, I'd like to talk about a concerning issue for many Theurgists. I myself am one and nothing would make me happier than to have a Life spell for 4-5 Pips (Much like Deer Knight) that is an AOL spell, I had two ideals before a BARN OWL in my Agricultural Bundle and a Season's Tree in another thread. If KingsIsle could please take these ideas into consideration I'd much appreciate it. (Especially my Season's Tree) And if anyone would like more detail on either spell you can find the Agriculture Bundle somewhere in the Dorms Area, as for the Season's Tree I'd gladly state the effects, look, and so forth all over again. Especially since I'm considering on changing it...

P.S The Names of the Blast Spells could be modified but what the Spells do I think are somewhat fine but I'm always up for some constructive criticism...and ONE other thing, next time by popular vote(If anyone votes)I'll talk about my ideals on that subject which are as following: Utility Spells, 98 and Future Class Spells, Pet or Lore Spells, and lastly, New Magic and their Spell(s)...
Awful. I don't like any of the spells you listed. What the spells do are not even close to fine. Sorry.

Don't even get me started on your spell.

- With this spell nobody would play any school but storm. Entirely overpowered.

why would anyone ever use that? Not being rude but read it. C'mon.

I'm trying to not be mean, but could you maybe go look at some other Rank 7, 8, 9 and 10 spells and you will see why your spells are off base.

You did make one excellent point though. Life could use a small attack all spell. I think a barn owl (what does that have to do with life) or a season's tree aren't very original. Rebirth is a tree. Another healing tree?

What's your primary wizard? It cannot be that is obvious.

I'm guessing or . Maybe you have one of a bunch, idk. But you need to look up some of the existing spells I think.

Keep trying, I do agree with the additonal Life AOE spell. I think they could use another one on par or somewhat similiar to deer knight.

Defender
Mar 30, 2010

I just saw these listed now after I posted my other post. I think your Rank 11 spells are MUCH better than those blast spells you had listed. Those were terrible.

These Rank 11 spells I think are pretty close to what they should be. I even like the names of most of them

one is awesome. Everyone will cry overpowered but I like it. Slight damage reduction maybe but I like it.

excellent name and excellent function. Damage might by a little high, but still great idea.

- not bad. I can live with that. has so many aoe spells. Would be nice to have a large meteor version, but this spell is pretty well on course I think.

- not sure why pegasus, but the description seems alright it is storm and it hits hard.

- not bad either. I think this may be the only spell you have that is slightly under powered for its pips, but it's pretty good. Maybe some ice armor with the legion shield if it's just going to hit for 1000-1100 for 11 pips. Hard to say. is pretty powerful maybe the legion shield and ice absorb would be too strong. I love the name of the spell though.

one is probably my least favorite of your Rank 11 spells. I hate the name lol, but the function seems off. I like the idea of the death damage bubble. Death should have a large weakness or something as well. They are supposed to be the plague school and they never get weaknesses as an after effect on a spell. This idea isn't that bad though. I just don't like it as much as your others.

pretty good. I don't like the name but the function is nearly perfect in my opinion.

Overall these ideas you can tell were thought out and are very good ideas. This is probably the best ideas for new spells I have ever read. Well done. Complete 180 from your blast ideas, I did not like those.

Rank 11 ideas very good Emerald. Best Rank 11 ideas so far hands down.

Defender
Sep 18, 2010
ViciousVenomousVix... on Feb 5, 2014 wrote:
Awful. I don't like any of the spells you listed. What the spells do are not even close to fine. Sorry.

I'm trying to not be mean, but could you maybe go look at some other Rank 7, 8, 9 and 10 spells and you will see why your spells are off base.

You did make one excellent point though. Life could use a small attack all spell. I think a barn owl (what does that have to do with life) or a season's tree aren't very original. Rebirth is a tree. Another healing tree?

I'm guessing or . Maybe you have one of a bunch, idk. But you need to look up some of the existing spells I think.

Keep trying, I do agree with the additonal Life AOE spell. I think they could use another one on par or somewhat similiar to deer knight.
Ah, but I never mentioned pips...and I really rushed on those. My friend inspired the Blast idea for all schools...I just did a quick put together on possible concepts that could be used on them.

Defender
Sep 18, 2010
I just saw these listed now after I posted my other post. I think your Rank 11 spells are MUCH better than those blast spells you had listed. Those were terrible.

These Rank 11 spells I think are pretty close to what they should be. I even like the names of most of them

one is awesome. Everyone will cry overpowered but I like it. Slight damage reduction maybe but I like it.

excellent name and excellent function. Damage might by a little high, but still great idea.

- not bad. I can live with that. has so many aoe spells. Would be nice to have a large meteor version, but this spell is pretty well on course I think.

- not sure why pegasus, but the description seems alright it is storm and it hits hard.

- not bad either. I think this may be the only spell you have that is slightly under powered for its pips, but it's pretty good. Maybe some ice armor with the legion shield if it's just going to hit for 1000-1100 for 11 pips. Hard to say. is pretty powerful maybe the legion shield and ice absorb would be too strong. I love the name of the spell though.

one is probably my least favorite of your Rank 11 spells. I hate the name lol, but the function seems off. I like the idea of the death damage bubble. Death should have a large weakness or something as well. They are supposed to be the plague school and they never get weaknesses as an after effect on a spell. This idea isn't that bad though. I just don't like it as much as your others.

pretty good. I don't like the name but the function is nearly perfect in my opinion.

Overall these ideas you can tell were thought out and are very good ideas. This is probably the best ideas for new spells I have ever read. Well done. Complete 180 from your blast ideas, I did not like those.

Rank 11 ideas very good Emerald. Best Rank 11 ideas so far hands down.
Thanks. And I balanced out all the Promethean Spells in a general concept. I increased the damage of all spells by about a hundred or fifty damage. And I made sure that Fire WOULDN'T get another AOL because they have the most AOL spells out of all of the Elemental Schools. And I discussed the Plague effect on the Death spell with other Death wizards and they disliked the Weakness and infection ideas. As for the name of the spells, they were somewhat hard to come up with. However, Preta means Hungry Ghost. Heavenly Carol I would basically be a Folk-Song by some Immortal Being, hopefully Mother Nature. I wanted Ice to finally stick up their Defensive purpose and so I gave them an effect useful for the whole team, same with Balance. Griffin was based on Earthquake but more useful in PvP since it wont remove traps. And I gave Storm the name Pegasus because hey, Pegasus was the first Winged Horse whom assisted countless heroes in epic battles.

So thanks once again and I apologize for the Blast Ideas, I'll rewrite them at some point...

Defender
Sep 18, 2010

I'll try to draw out a new set of Blast spells. However, I think the Myth spell is good, it uses the concept of Rank X spells in a way and their Minions. Plus if you have Henchmen it also counts towards the Damage. And when I said a Season's Tree I was thinking maybe a Tree that incorporated the four seasons. And NO, it doesn't need a face and can talk. Just something simple. And the Barn Owl was meant for the Bundle, it was based off of the Storm Owl yet for Life.

Defender
Sep 18, 2010

~Hello. Thanks to some recent critique I've been inspired to rewrite the Blast spells. I hope you like them...
  • Storm:
Plasma Blast: (4) pips: 600 Storm damage to Target + 10% Positive Storm charm on Caster.
  • Ice:
Lunar Blast: (4) pips: 350 Ice damage to Target + 10% Positive Universal ward on Caster and his/her Team.
  • Fire:
Inferno Blast: (4) pips: 150 Fire damage + 400 Fire damage over 3 rounds to a single Target.
  • Balance:
Spirit Blast: (4) pips: 395 Death damage, 435 Myth Damage, or 410 Life damage to a single Target.
  • Death:
Cursed Blast: (4) pip: 370 Death damage + -20% Negative Healing ward to a single Target.
  • Myth:
Victorious Blast: (4) pips: 500 Myth damage to a single Target + 50 Myth damage for every Minion/Henchmen in combat.
  • Life:
Blooming Blast: (4) pips: 400 damage to a single Target or 600 AOL healing. (It's a 50% chance of a Heal and a 50% chance of Damage.)
These are my Blast spell ideas, I hope you liked them. And if you didn't feel free to leave a comment.
P.S
To KingsIsle: I believe it would be more proper if Spectral Blast had its name changed to Elemental Blast or that Spirit Blast has its name changed to Celestial Blast.

Defender
Sep 18, 2010

~ Hello Friends, I wanted to edit my Promethean Spells. They'll be minor changed but I hope you'll like them...
Pegasus;
Rank 11 Storm: 1400 Storm damage to All Enemies + 12% Windstorm.
Valkyrie;
Rank 11 Ice: 1075-1175 Ice damage to All Enemies + 25% Legion Shield to All Allies.
Cherufe;
Rank 11 Fire: 1450-1550 Fire damage to a Single Enemy + Stun.
Hecate;
Rank 11 Balance: 600-700 + 800 Balance damage Overtime to All Enemies over a period of 3 rounds and 10% Bladestorm to All Allies.
Moerae;
Rank 11 Death: 1100-1250 Death damage-swap half into health for Caster to a Single Enemy + 25% Death Damage Globe.
Griffin;
Rank 11 Myth: 1300-1400 Myth damage to all Enemies + Enfeeble on all Enemies.
Nature's Carol;
Rank 11 Life; 675-700 + 500 Life damage Overtime to All Enemies and 600 Healing to All Allies.
These are the finished spells, what do you think?

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
i dont think we need light or dark magic at all.

Defender
Sep 18, 2010
Emperor of Life on Feb 6, 2014 wrote:
i dont think we need light or dark magic at all.
I'm not the type of person who wants a constant new school of magic every world. But I think that Light and Darkness would balance out Shadow magic well for the Third arc. And aside from that I am sure that the two mentioned places corrupted by Morganthe could be put to use by adding these two magic schools.

Defender
Sep 18, 2010
Hello. I've decided to write out the dialogue for my Promethean Spell ideas. I'll try to post one everyday if not sooner. And if you want to read them feel free too tell me what you think afterwards. If not thanks for checking them out anyways. :)

~Sincerely, Hunter...

Defender
Sep 18, 2010
Emerald9649 on Feb 6, 2014 wrote:
Hello. I've decided to write out the dialogue for my Promethean Spell ideas. I'll try to post one everyday if not sooner. And if you want to read them feel free too tell me what you think afterwards. If not thanks for checking them out anyways. :)

~Sincerely, Hunter...
"Hello! Young wizard, please come see me in the classroom at soon as possible. It's time for your Promethean Spell!" said the teacher.

Upon entering the classroom...

~ Storm ~

"Hello Wizard! You're here just in time, I was just making preparations for your new spell!"

"It's Pegasus, a winged horse as old as Aquila. Legend has it he slumbers within a cavern in the Garden of the Hesperides . But I fear that if the legends are completely true you may end up as Pegasus chow. So first we a Storm Ward will work. Sadly, I don't know how to make one. But! As much as I'd hate to ask her for help I think you should consult the Balance Teacher in Wysteria. Go ask her for help."

Upon entering the Equilibrium classroom...

"Hello young wizard! What can I do for you today?"

(Narrator): You tell Velma about your situation and she seems to laugh at your request.

"So, that fool for an inventor needs my help. HA!" "Very well, I'll help you. But you must gather the regents for the ward."

"First you'll need some Frozen Sand from Krokotpia." (Quest: Frosty Dunes : Go to the Hall of Champions and defeat Hall Servants for Frozen Sand.)

Upon returning...

"Good, you've got it."

"Now we will need some Plasma-water in a bottle. I believe the best place for that is Celestia's Stormriven Hall." (Quest: Lighting Catcher: Go to Stormriven Hall and defeat Voltic Eel for Plasma-water.)

Upon returning...

"Good, you've got it."

"We need two more things now. If you could go fetch a White Raven's feather then we'd be almost done!" (Quest: White Raven: Find Skogul the Pale in Hrundle Fjord and get White feather.)

Upon returning...

"Good, we have everything now."

"Now that we have everything you'll need them blessed by a being of Storm. I think those old trees in Ravenwood will do. Good Luck wizard, you'll need it." (Quest: Storm Breeze: Talk to Torrence in Ravenwood.)

Upon arriving at Ravenwood...

"Hello young Diviner...what can I help you with?"

(Narrator): Torrence releases a strong breeze that smells like the ocean upon the reagents and the fuse into a Storm Ward.

"Is that all you need? Okay...good luck Wizard..."

You return to Balestrom ...

"You've got everything? Excellent, now rush off to Aquila and find this Pegasus!"

Upon arriving at Aquila you go to the Cave near Atlantea...

(Narrator): Once you enter you feel a strong storm aura in the air.

Pegasus: (Horse noises)...(Thunder noises)...

~Pegasus Rank 12 Storm Boss: (Design: A completely White Pegasus with Purple Eyes)

Spells Known: Windstorm, Darkwind, Storm Lord, Tempest, Storm Blade, Storm Pierce, Storm Owl, Myth Shield, Storm Trap, Infallible, Galvanic Field

Cheats: Everytime you shield Pegasus says "So! You think you can resist my power?" and then casts a 20% Pierce on himself.

Once Pegasus is defeated...

"Ah...you've defeated Pegasus? Excellent, now a practice summon. I think the Bastion in Khrysalis will do nicely."

Once Pegasus is summoned the Quest is instantly completed and you receive the spell.