Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Less XP from Khrysalis, please

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jun 14, 2016
Currently, Khrysalis gives 7 levels worth of XP (from 90, and not including any sidequests other than the TP quests) in Part 1 alone. I've avoided sidequests and entered Khrysalis at 90. Ten levels later, I'm right before the point you go to Sardonyx. If I used unconventional tricks such porting out of the Starfall Sea while a friend does it and recalling once it's almost done, then I could maybe do part of Sardonyx before hitting 100.

This means that people who completed Khrysalis when it was the last main world have two extra training points and additional shadow pip capacity compared to those of the same level who started after Polaris was released. This gives the earlycomers a huge advantage in PvP.

Could you please consider lowering the experience gains from Khrysalis quests?

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
sKochiya on May 18, 2017 wrote:
Currently, Khrysalis gives 7 levels worth of XP (from 90, and not including any sidequests other than the TP quests) in Part 1 alone. I've avoided sidequests and entered Khrysalis at 90. Ten levels later, I'm right before the point you go to Sardonyx. If I used unconventional tricks such porting out of the Starfall Sea while a friend does it and recalling once it's almost done, then I could maybe do part of Sardonyx before hitting 100.

This means that people who completed Khrysalis when it was the last main world have two extra training points and additional shadow pip capacity compared to those of the same level who started after Polaris was released. This gives the earlycomers a huge advantage in PvP.

People who finished Khyrsalis when it was the last main world could not have gone beyond level 100, as that was the level cap, so please explain how they have extra training points?

Seems to me those doing the world later would have the advantage, not those who went through when it was the last world.

Hero
May 07, 2015

nah, I think they should keep it how it is. they shouldn't change the XP amounts given. being overleveled a bit gives you an advantage in later worlds. I mean, sure, I was level 30 in krok, and now I am level 103 in sardonyx, at the part where you have to defeat the second column captain. so, being overleveled isn't bad. actually. you get spells earlier, new gear earlier, new pets earlier, and later worlds are much easier. just raised the XP given by side quests by a bit, just keep the XP given by main quests the same. please.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009

Some of us like to be able to enter the next world at a higher level than required. I have always made it a point to do just that since it does make some things a little easier. I do as many side quests as I can to gain as much EXTRA XP as possible.

I don't think it would be a good idea to penalize upcoming wizards just because some think it is too much. Not everything in PvE should be changed, reduced or removed just because it may give an advantage in PvP.

Delver
Dec 18, 2011
No i disagree the xp is fine if you have a pvp problem then just complete Khrysalis then pvp. The main part of this game is questing NOT pvp so it doesnt make sense for people to spend ages leveling just cause one guy doesnt like it.

Explorer
Oct 12, 2010
Respectfully, who would ever ask for less XP? I think it's perfect the way it is. It'd be one thing if only one specific wizard got a lot of XP, but everyone gets the same amount, so why does it make a difference? Plus Khrysalis is one of the longest worlds.

~Mark Shadowcloud~
~Reed Goldenblade~
~Jonathan Crow~

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
put this as my perspective, i'm lvl 18, still in caravan, just made it to the balance ice genie boss guy, because while in krok, i had friends take me through every possible dungeon up to avalon, and my entire quest book is empty besides 6 quests in khrysalis, polaris and mirage, and a few fishing quests, every world's badge list is completed minus like 1 or 2 mob # kill badges.... but it doesnt matter... once i hit lvl 120, i can complete everything and finally be back on track with the lvling system in the next world

Delver
Jun 14, 2016
Jasmine3429:
> People who finished Khyrsalis when it was the last main world could not have gone beyond level 100, as that was the level cap, so please explain how they have extra training points?

This is the training point from the obelisk orb quest.

DragonLay1818:
> I don't think it would be a good idea to penalize upcoming wizards just because some think it is too much. Not everything in PvE should be changed, reduced or removed just because it may give an advantage in PvP.

Tell me, name at least one person on YouTube who doesn't PvP. I can name only one, he isn't well-known, and he did PvP in the past.
Tell me what kind of people in the game take the greatest dedication to improve their stats with pets and pack wands. Tell me what kind of people hook others into the game.
Tell me whether enemies challenge players and change their strategies the same way PvP opponents do.
PvP should be the top priority of Wizard101.

RYAN DEATHSTORM:
> No i disagree the xp is fine if you have a pvp problem then just complete Khrysalis then pvp. The main part of this game is questing NOT pvp so it doesnt make sense for people to spend ages leveling just cause one guy doesnt like it.
Shadowcloud Legend:
> Respectfully, who would ever ask for less XP? I think it's perfect the way it is. It'd be one thing if only one specific wizard got a lot of XP, but everyone gets the same amount, so why does it make a difference? Plus Khrysalis is one of the longest worlds.

The point is that those who completed Khrysalis when it was the last world have the same advantages as those who completed it later, but with a lower level.
If you have so much trouble gaining XP, then I'd suggest doing sidequests or going into Polaris.

[to be continued...]

Delver
Jun 14, 2016
[... continued from last post]

camahawk:
> put this as my perspective, i'm lvl 18, still in caravan, just made it to the balance ice genie boss guy, because while in krok, i had friends take me through every possible dungeon up to avalon, and my entire quest book is empty besides 6 quests in khrysalis, polaris and mirage, and a few fishing quests, every world's badge list is completed minus like 1 or 2 mob # kill badges.... but it doesnt matter... once i hit lvl 120, i can complete everything and finally be back on track with the lvling system in the next world

If only KI put a dungeon that gave level 120 gear. Right now, it's more advantageous for some schools to not level past 100.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
sKochiya on May 20, 2017 wrote:
Jasmine3429:
> People who finished Khyrsalis when it was the last main world could not have gone beyond level 100, as that was the level cap, so please explain how they have extra training points?

DragonLay1818:
> I don't think it would be a good idea to penalize upcoming wizards just because some think it is too much. Not everything in PvE should be changed, reduced or removed just because it may give an advantage in PvP.

Tell me, name at least one person on YouTube who doesn't PvP. I can name only one, he isn't well-known, and he did PvP in the past.
Tell me what kind of people in the game take the greatest dedication to improve their stats with pets and pack wands. Tell me what kind of people hook others into the game.
Tell me whether enemies challenge players and change their strategies the same way PvP opponents do.

RYAN DEATHSTORM:
> No i disagree the xp is fine if you have a pvp problem then just complete Khrysalis then pvp. The main part of this game is questing NOT pvp so it doesnt make sense for people to spend ages leveling just cause one guy doesnt like it.
Shadowcloud Legend:
> Respectfully, who would ever ask for less XP? I think it's perfect the way it is. It'd be one thing if only one specific wizard got a lot of XP, but everyone gets the same amount, so why does it make a difference? Plus Khrysalis is one of the longest worlds.

The point is that those who completed Khrysalis when it was the last world have the same advantages as those who completed it later, but with a lower level.
If you have so much trouble gaining XP, then I'd suggest doing sidequests or going into Polaris.

[to be continued...]
Explain how it is you seem to think that players that were capped at lvl 100 have extra training points. Technically, that is not something you should have access to. AND just how is it you seem to know exactly what quest the training points are from.

Several of my own wizards have a lot of Training points left, especially Death. Not all players will use up their points in the exact same way due to their personal strategy.

As for your reference to YouTube Pvp videos, I don't watch them AND I don't PvP. Tried it, didn't like it and

There are MANY who don't PvP but do PvE and many of them have the same sort of dedication to their stats, gear, wands and pets as those who PvP.

Players who PvE also have recommended this game to their real life family and friends so not all is due to PvP.

IF PvP were the TOP PRIORITY, there would be a lot less players. I did not come to this game to PvP and if PvE becomes more like PvP than it already has, I will be gone. I play this game for a fun and relaxing time away from the real world. The MAJORITY of the W101 community do not PvP.

Your ideas of what players SHOULD be doing and what many of us actually do are way off the mark. I could care less about PvP and wouldn't miss it if it were separated or even removed from the game.... I know there are some who are so dedicated to PvP that they only play for that reason. BUT, I don't and won't start making comments about how it should be done. KI will build this game their own way.

Delver
Jun 14, 2016
dl1818> Explain how it is you seem to think that players that were capped at lvl 100 have extra training points. Technically, that is not something you should have access to. AND just how is it you seem to know exactly what quest the training points are from.

This is from a training point quest, not levelling, and I said that this was compared to other level100 wizards who completed Khrysalis after the Polaris release.

> Several of my own wizards have a lot of Training points left, especially Death. Not all players will use up their points in the exact same way due to their personal strategy.

Many PvPers use almost all of their training points.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
sKochiya on May 22, 2017 wrote:
dl1818> Explain how it is you seem to think that players that were capped at lvl 100 have extra training points. Technically, that is not something you should have access to. AND just how is it you seem to know exactly what quest the training points are from.

This is from a training point quest, not levelling, and I said that this was compared to other level100 wizards who completed Khrysalis after the Polaris release.

> Several of my own wizards have a lot of Training points left, especially Death. Not all players will use up their points in the exact same way due to their personal strategy.

Many PvPers use almost all of their training points.
First, you still have not explained how you know how many TPs a wizard who capped at level 100 has UNLESS they told you. That information is NOT shown on a wizards stats if you click on the wizard and inspect their stats and gear.

There are currently 29 TP quests None that I am aware of refer to an Obelisk Orb. Since all TP quests are considered as side quest, it is highly possible that some have done quests that others have not. Not all of those TP quests are given by Zeke or Eloise Merriweather. There are various other NPC who also give quests that will give you additional (1) TP.

It is not possible for wizards to have EXTRA TP other than doing quests that give them compared to others who may not do ALL the TP quests.

What is it that you don't seem to understand about the difference between those who PvP and those who don't? Just because those who PvP may use up all of their training points, it doesn't mean that those of us who don't will use up all of ours.

My wizards only pick up spells that I think will be beneficial to my own battle style. So as an example, since my Death wizards have not trained a second school at this point which one is level 60+ and the other is level 70+ this should be considered as having extra TP? The ONLY thing these 2 wizards have trained are shields for Ice, Fire, Life, Storm and Myth AND Stun Block.. And for the most part, since most of my wizards rarely ever use Shields anymore,

Defender
Dec 05, 2013
sKochiya on May 20, 2017 wrote:
Jasmine3429:

DragonLay1818:

RYAN DEATHSTORM:
Shadowcloud Legend:

[to be continued...]
"PvP should be the top priority of Wizard101"

Are you kidding me? The game does not and definitely should never revolve around PvP. It's an excellent addition, it's excellent that people love it and play the game for it, but it's horrible that you want to turn the game into PvP based. Many do not enjoy or are simply not good at it.

Anyway, Khrysalis is by far the longest world which means it should contain lots of levels, I don't understand why you would want less. THAT"S LIKE SAYING NO TO FREE CROWNS!

Delver
Jun 14, 2016
DragonLady1818 on May 22, 2017 wrote:
First, you still have not explained how you know how many TPs a wizard who capped at level 100 has UNLESS they told you. That information is NOT shown on a wizards stats if you click on the wizard and inspect their stats and gear.

There are currently 29 TP quests None that I am aware of refer to an Obelisk Orb. Since all TP quests are considered as side quest, it is highly possible that some have done quests that others have not. Not all of those TP quests are given by Zeke or Eloise Merriweather. There are various other NPC who also give quests that will give you additional (1) TP.

It is not possible for wizards to have EXTRA TP other than doing quests that give them compared to others who may not do ALL the TP quests.

What is it that you don't seem to understand about the difference between those who PvP and those who don't? Just because those who PvP may use up all of their training points, it doesn't mean that those of us who don't will use up all of ours.

My wizards only pick up spells that I think will be beneficial to my own battle style. So as an example, since my Death wizards have not trained a second school at this point which one is level 60+ and the other is level 70+ this should be considered as having extra TP? The ONLY thing these 2 wizards have trained are shields for Ice, Fire, Life, Storm and Myth AND Stun Block.. And for the most part, since most of my wizards rarely ever use Shields anymore,
There is definitely such a quest for a training point.

Also, most people who care about PvP complete all of the training point quests that they can complete without exceeding a desired level.

And even if one training point doesn't make much of difference, completing the Solar Sanctum, which currently can't be done without exceeding level 100, gives a second shadow pip slot, which gives a huge advantage over those who have only one.

Historian
Jun 17, 2014

from lvl 1-20 you gain a TP every 4 lvls, after that it's every 5 lvls, you also get a TP from every zeke quest, and from Khrysalis up Eloise, and there is an NPC in Celestia who has 3 quests who gives TP... 35ish TP in total we can have

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009

Not going to get involved in the argument over experience points gained in Khrysalis, per se, but I do want to point out that sKochiya mostly correct about the Obelisk quest in question.

The quest name is Shadows of History. It's a collection quest specifically related to "part two" of Khrysalis and given by Zaltanna the Mirrormask. It does NOT provide a training point; however it leads directly to a quest that does give a training point: Shades of Shadow.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Quest:Shadows_of_History#axzz4hpHj9ALq

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Quest:Shades_of_Shadow#axzz4hpHj9ALq

Now, with that cleared up you may return to your regularly scheduled argument.

Alia Misthaven

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
sKochiya on May 23, 2017 wrote:
There is definitely such a quest for a training point.

Also, most people who care about PvP complete all of the training point quests that they can complete without exceeding a desired level.

And even if one training point doesn't make much of difference, completing the Solar Sanctum, which currently can't be done without exceeding level 100, gives a second shadow pip slot, which gives a huge advantage over those who have only one.
Those who care about PvP can only go so far for Training points if they are maintaining for example a mid level, ie: lvl 50 character for PvP without the assistance of a high level wizard to assist them in finding ALL the Zeke and Eloise Merryweather quests. Many of the other TP quests would not be so easy to accomplish.

For one maintaining a level 100 for PvP, It is also possible they may have a second account with a higher level wizard they could have used to transport to after Polaris was released. OR a friend helped them.

It is also VERY possible for a wizard to be a level 100 by the time they enter the 2nd half of Khrysalis if they do all side quests, including the 5 B.O.X.E.S which along with a few other quests will not only give the full XP the first time, but an additional 1/2 XP the 2nd time. There are the SEASONAL events that will also add XP. For Example, I have a level 92 entering Khrysalis. That wizard will be very near lvl 100 by the time she is half way through that world and still has not done Darkmoor. The options a player does or does not take with their character, determines their level at almost any given location in the game. Look at the difference between wizards entering CL at lvl 45 now compared to those who take theirs as high as possible by completing all previous quests including WT and entering CL at approximately lvl 60+ which all of mine did.

Now, as for Solar Sanctum, which is also known as "Sanctum of the Sun" or better known as "Trial of the Sun" is the final area of "Trial of The Spheres" in Celestia.

The ONLY other area that you could possibly be referring to is Salicar's Sanctum which is located in Fort Rachias in Khrysalis.

What I haven't quite figured out yet is the fact your earlier posts were complaints about extra TP being a huge advantage for them in PvP. Now you seem to be referring to a second Shadow pip slot being the huge advantage. So what is the actual complaint here?

Delver
Jun 14, 2016
It's kinda both – mainly the extra shadow pip slot but also the training point from the obelisk quest.

Whoops, sorry about using the wrong name. I was referring to the Solar Arc in Kondha Desert.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Freshta on May 23, 2017 wrote:
Not going to get involved in the argument over experience points gained in Khrysalis, per se, but I do want to point out that sKochiya mostly correct about the Obelisk quest in question.

The quest name is Shadows of History. It's a collection quest specifically related to "part two" of Khrysalis and given by Zaltanna the Mirrormask. It does NOT provide a training point; however it leads directly to a quest that does give a training point: Shades of Shadow.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Quest:Shadows_of_History#axzz4hpHj9ALq

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Quest:Shades_of_Shadow#axzz4hpHj9ALq

Now, with that cleared up you may return to your regularly scheduled argument.

Alia Misthaven
Thank you for clearing that up. The TP in question is in fact given from the Shades of Shadow which follows the Shadows of History in regards to the Obelisk.

But sKochiya does need to make sure he or she is stating the correct information and this disagreement could have been avoided. There is also only one Instance in the Solar Arc that has the Obelisk orb and that is in the Chamber of Solar Justice.

There is also the fact that by completing all 8 instances in the Solar Arc, gives any wizard who is level 97+ the option to train Shadow spells.

sKochiya also should realize that not all players do all side quests which will also make a difference in the number of TPs or shadow slots they may have since KI had adjusted XP to accommodate players who do not do side quests. This would have been the deciding factor of being level 100 by the end of Khrysalis. If players do only the Zeke quests but not Eloise Merryweather or other sides that offer additional TP, it is definitely possible for other players to have more or less TP as well as the Shadow slots.

But as for sKochiya suggesting that XP should be reduced in Khrysalis, I completely disagree with that.

Delver
Jun 14, 2016
DragonLady1818 on May 24, 2017 wrote:
Thank you for clearing that up. The TP in question is in fact given from the Shades of Shadow which follows the Shadows of History in regards to the Obelisk.

But sKochiya does need to make sure he or she is stating the correct information and this disagreement could have been avoided. There is also only one Instance in the Solar Arc that has the Obelisk orb and that is in the Chamber of Solar Justice.

There is also the fact that by completing all 8 instances in the Solar Arc, gives any wizard who is level 97+ the option to train Shadow spells.

sKochiya also should realize that not all players do all side quests which will also make a difference in the number of TPs or shadow slots they may have since KI had adjusted XP to accommodate players who do not do side quests. This would have been the deciding factor of being level 100 by the end of Khrysalis. If players do only the Zeke quests but not Eloise Merryweather or other sides that offer additional TP, it is definitely possible for other players to have more or less TP as well as the Shadow slots.

But as for sKochiya suggesting that XP should be reduced in Khrysalis, I completely disagree with that.
Actually, I didn't do sidequests on my ice (aside from TP/spells, and a few on accident in Cyclops Lane), but I still got to 100 by the end of Radiance Reborn.

This is probably not what KI intended.

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
wanna toss in how wanting to reduce extra xp sounds..... you as for 20$, i hand you 100$ and say i didnt have a 20$ just keep the extra...... are you really going to complain?

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
I don't see what the big deal is. No one says we need xp to have fun once level is capped. If wizards are maxed before they finished the world, does that mean the game is over? No. Players can still have fun doing what they do best. I'm sure KI did what they did to xp and capping levels per 10 levels a world for a reason and that reason may be so each world starts where the previous one ends in xp amount per a quest. If KI lower the xp in Khrysalis lower than Azteca, it won't make sense.

Delver
Jun 14, 2016
Patrick Ravenbane on May 25, 2017 wrote:
I don't see what the big deal is. No one says we need xp to have fun once level is capped. If wizards are maxed before they finished the world, does that mean the game is over? No. Players can still have fun doing what they do best. I'm sure KI did what they did to xp and capping levels per 10 levels a world for a reason and that reason may be so each world starts where the previous one ends in xp amount per a quest. If KI lower the xp in Khrysalis lower than Azteca, it won't make sense.
I'm not asking KI to make the XP yields lower than those of Azteca. I'm just asking them to make it comparable, instead of having the main quests of Khrysalis alone give 14 levels.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
sKochiya on May 26, 2017 wrote:
I'm not asking KI to make the XP yields lower than those of Azteca. I'm just asking them to make it comparable, instead of having the main quests of Khrysalis alone give 14 levels.
Some of us like to be over level when we enter a new world. So if I have a wizard that is lvl 90+ entering Khrysalis, I should be able to do all quests including sides if I choose to be as high a level as possible. If my wizard is lvl 106 or higher when she enters Polaris, I consider that to my advantage.

The old level requirement for entering Khrysalis was lvl 90 but has been lowered to 85. As I see it, my lvl 90+ is at a better advantage by being at least 5+ levels higher than the required level.

All the level requirements were reduced in 2014 because many didn't want to do the sides. KI made it possible for them to enter at lower levels and the XP in general is a necessary factor for them to do so. Those who don't do sides will need all they can get in XP. Those of us that do all quests have the added levels.

The worlds that have already been nerfed, especially those quests that are "Collect" x number of items did have their XP adjusted to compensate for the quests that are no longer in the game. And yes, there are quests that are not there. I know this because I used to print off the guides so I would have them on hand to aid my younger wizards in the rise in the Spiral. If KI had not adjusted the XP on some of the remaining quests to compensate for the removals, then I suspect that many wizards would not be able to enter CL at lvl 44 without at the very least, picking up a few levels in WT.

I have already stated that I disagree with the reduction of XP in Khrysalis.