Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Less "strict" Dungeon warnings

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 02, 2012
So I just went into the Oni No Death dungeon. It said it will take a total of 45m alone.
Well they are way to strict. I ended up facing the Oni within 15m, SOLO!
I think they need the lower the estimated time as it is too harsh.

Anyone else agree?

Valdus SpellCaster,

Level 48 who just got storm lord!

Defender
Oct 24, 2012
I think they made these warnings before Mounts, when you had to walk everywhere on foot.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Solo takes less time, not more. You only have one cast per turn instead of four and you only have one pet healing. Full parties make battles take a lot longer in all but the hardest dungeons.

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
well take to account, youre storm... probably running with 3/4 blades, thunder storm and tempest.... or storm lord.... with dragonspyre-ish gear.... it would take you 15 minutes.... try being say the actual 35/6 level to fight oni no death, and say an ice while using bazaar gear, solo... i can see it being 45 minutes

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
Maybe some people aren't as efficient. The time warnings are only an estimate of how long it might take some people, and that they should consider not starting the dungeon if they're concerned they won't be able to stay online long enough to finish it. If you finish half an hour earlier than the estimate, great! Now you've got time to do something else if you want.

Myself, I shut that dungeon warning off over 5 years ago so I don't even know what they're suggesting for estimates anymore. If you're burning through dungeons fast, I suggest you do the same. You won't be worried about the number if you never see it. I know it's not something I've ever cared about in all of these years since I shut it off.

Explorer
Jun 02, 2012
If its about an 1h 30m. I drop that 30m.
If its 45m it takes me 15-25m.
I ALWAYS beat the time by at least 15 minutes.
Damage is more important than health I guess?

Valdus, Level 50