Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Legendary Dungeons

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 13, 2010
I was thinking about something we could do while we wait for the next level cap increase. Considering how long it took for the lvel cap to go from 50 to 60, its most likely gonna be quite a while for the level cap to go to 70. So anyways, when I played world of war craft their were dungeons (instances) where you could play and there were many intances that ranged in level. These intances to some time to beat but they gave you POWERFUL GEAR.
So I was thinking that KI could make some thing like that but a little different.
THE GOAL
First, it would take a full 4 man team of legendaries to beat the dungeons, the first levels of the dungeons could be done with 3 but it would be pretty hard. Second, each dungeon would take quite a while to beat so it is worth the equipment you will get. I am thinking like 9-10 hard pre battles before you face the final boss. their would be like 9 dungeons to beat, and the final boss of each dungeon would be a greatly enhanced more powerfull version of bosses we have once faced. Each dungeon is a quest assigned to you my Ambrose, you would be allowed to leave the dungeon to get health and mana except after the battle before the last boss.

THE REWARD
There a good amount of high leveled gear you can achieve from the dungeons, and at the end of the quest you get some good rewards from Ambrose. I was think like about 10 to 20 thousand gold. Then an amulet that gives 3 diffrent spells instead of 1 or 2. And then a wand that does 130 damage and gives some critical and block rating. Through out the dungeon you could get better athames and rings (I personally think that the lvl 58 athames were horrible) Since the lvl 58 gear didnt really focus much on defense, especially defense to your own school I was thinking the athames and rings would each give like 5% resist to all schools. Their would be like 4 main athames and rings. 2 focusing on mana and 2 focusing on the health it gives you. There would also be a new wand (sword looking because sword wands are always cool) the wands would be different than what you got from completing all the dungeons. They would give 40 critical and 40 block rating 10 more critical and block then you get from the wand you get for completing all the dungeons. The bosses could also drop high leveled clothing, hats, robes, and boots. Finally, the big thing everyone would be aiming for would be the Dungeon Master Gear. This would only be dropped by the final boss of the last dungeon you do, so it is worth what it takes to get it. The gear would give a total of 45% natural attack for all schools and 45% resist to all schools. It would also give you 50 critical and block rating, and would give 18% accuracy. It would about 150 to 100hp. most legendaries would want this gear they will farm for it a lot which would reduce bordem a little while they wait for the next level cap. So they dont have to go through all the dugeons multiple times to farm the boss, after you beat all the dungeons the first time you have the options to do which ever dungeon you want without having to go in order from first to last. You would still have to go through all the pre battles of the last dungeon to get to the final boss. But I thought of this and the drop rate for it would be like 25 to 30% and the final boss wouldnt drop a lot of gear, so it wouldnt be impossible to get the dungeon master gear. And the fact that it takes a while to get the the final boss also makes them have to play more there for less bordem.

Good thing about Dungeon Master Gear
I know people think that having 45% resist to all would be a lot plus being able to reach 55% if you get the athame and ring that gives 5% resist each but here are why it would help. battles wouldnt take as long first of all and with the snow angel problem. Yes ice would even have more resist than they do now but so do you, which would make snow angel less of a problem anymore. Ice wizards generally get snow angel to do 550 to 700 damge a turn, but with this it would be reduced to about 225 to 350 a turn plus 225 to 350 with the enitial hit, multiply that buy for and it is not so much. to would be a lot to storm becuase of there low health but 1000 to 1400 damage is way better than being dead, 2 problems fixed right there. After that the only thing would be battles would take much longer. The only people i think it would hurt would be people level 56. A good level 56 can beat a level 58 or 60 because level 56 close or to me bettter than 58 gear, all their missing is the lvl 58 spell. And since this gear and the dungeon would only be for legendaries they are at a disadvantage. But anyone under level 56 has no right to complain because people under level 56 have little to no chance of beating a legendary so they have no reason to complain.

I really hope KI sees this because I really think it is a good idea to fill in the time until the next lvl cap. I also have another idea for people who beat the dungeons and get the Dungeon Master Gear, but considering ow long this post is that will be for a later time.

Tell me what you think about my idea, dont just critisize or agree, tell me why you agree or disagree.

Seth Shadowmancer
Legendary Diviner

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
Don't like your gear that much. Other then that, an idea to keep me from being bored, Brilliant!

Also the bosses would have to cheat otherwise it would be boring, make the cheats extremely hard, it makes battles so much fun! Then raise the drop rates to 100%. This would be fair if you made the cheat hard since farming a dungeon that takes hours to finish would ruin all the fun.

Survivor
Aug 13, 2010