Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Lefty or Righty?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Aug 07, 2009
In the game you always hold the wand/sword in your right hand. Do you have something against holding it in your left hand? It seems a little bias, but most people in the world are right handed. Could you make it so we could swap the sword/wand/staff between hands?

Thoughts?

Jason 8)

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
NightWa1ker wrote:
In the game you always hold the wand/sword in your right hand. Do you have something against holding it in your left hand? It seems a little bias, but most people in the world are right handed. Could you make it so we could swap the sword/wand/staff between hands?

Thoughts?

Jason 8)

What if we could duel wield wands?

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
There are a good bit of left handed people in the world and I think they deserve to show that.

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
I really don't see how this matters, gameplay-wise... Or what the big deal is about which hand your wizard holds your weapon in...

I'm not trying to bash you, but your idea isn't really one that would improve the game...

Survivor
Dec 19, 2008
No offese but it is kind of pointless what does it matter if it is in the right or left hand?

Quinn Wildsword
level 45
master theurgist

Survivor
Jan 09, 2010
Defender
Apr 02, 2009
I totally agree! I myself am a lefty. It wouldn't be that hard for KingsIsle to make this change. All they would have to do is have it that when you click the option "lefty" in the options menu, the character template would just flip!

Explorer
Feb 19, 2011
I agree that this would be a nice feature to have, but it wouldn't be as simple to implement as just flipping the image of the wizard. Bear in mind that there are a lot of different animations of the wizard and interactions with pets etc and these would all need to be kept consistent.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Really? Why does it matter which hand wizards hold their wands in? It's not that KI has anything against lefties (and the fact that you even mentioned that is just...I don't even know...); I imagine they have their fair share of lefties on staff. It probably was something they thought no one would address since it's such a non-issue.

Defender
Oct 24, 2009
Ok I do think that we should beable to choose which hand we use as I am a lefty. This makes me think of what a teacher said to my unchle about its wrong being lefted handed. It makes me sad sometimes because I don't want to be told I use the devil's hand but I want my wizard to also left handed. and if I afended you in anyway I am sorry.

Defender
Sep 05, 2010
I think that is a very nice idea! I have once thought of that myself, honestly. Well i 100% support the lefty idea, And not just because i am one. :D

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
lol i am ambidexous and it dont make nay difference to me.

it is just easier to code the game so its one or the other hand .

but in majik the right hand is the power hand
while the left hand ...again...is the heart hand

Defender
Aug 05, 2009
kingurz wrote:
NightWa1ker wrote:

Thoughts?

Jason 8)

What if we could duel wield wands?

Not a bad idea.

Defender
Jul 08, 2009
sorry, but I find this a little...unimportant.... Not that I have anything against lefties or whatever, my parents are both lefties, but does it really matter? I mean, seriously, this is a wizard. I don't think it has much effect anyway...

Defender
May 31, 2009
I don't think it matters much...
I mean, I'm right handed and all, but I never really noticed that until now.
It's not bias in any way to have your wand in your left hand if your a righty, so yeah I:

Sabrina
Legendary Thaumaturge
Author of The Chosen Three fanfic

~See you in the Spiral!~

Defender
Oct 26, 2009
NightWa1ker wrote:

Thoughts?

Jason 8)

No no no! You have it wrong! As Greyrose has said in another thread, there are lefty wizards, it is just protocol to hold the wand in your right hand to simplify teaching spellwork! It isn't anything against left handed people, it just makes teaching easier.

(Greyrose has said that somewhere, I believe. And seriously, I would rather have KI work on developing new content then making people be able to hold there wand in there left hand.

Also duel wielding would be awesome!)

Defender
Oct 24, 2009
hobi wrote:
lol i am ambidexous and it dont make nay difference to me.

it is just easier to code the game so its one or the other hand .

but in majik the right hand is the power hand
while the left hand ...again...is the heart hand

its really cool that that you have equal abitly in both your hands, but the werid thing is about six month months ago i had a dream and in my dream your i saw your post they very same post i am replying too.

Defender
Oct 24, 2009
eggywig wrote:
There are a good bit of left handed people in the world and I think they deserve to show that.

acually from what my mother told me only 1% of human poputaion is. please correct me if i'm wrong