Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Left handed Wizards!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 13, 2009
I think that left handed wizards should be put into the game because i myself am a lefty, and I kinda wanna uphold my lefty pride! When I look at the game I become somewhat (but not very) offended because it assumes that everyone in the world is a right handed person!

Please post ideas on this and tell if you would think it would be cool.

Explorer
Dec 15, 2008
PolarPepsi27 wrote:
I think that left handed wizards should be put into the game because i myself am a lefty, and I kinda wanna uphold my lefty pride! When I look at the game I become somewhat (but not very) offended because it assumes that everyone in the world is a right handed person!

i am a righty but i would go with that

Survivor
Dec 23, 2008
ABP'D. But yeah, great idea. My dad is a lefty and he plays this game. He probably doesn't want to have his character go around all day with his wand in his right hand. KI, if you're reading this please make it an option.

Explorer
Oct 16, 2008
Most games, just like most people, are right handed. Most things (including your computers) are made for right handed people. It's costly to include it, are you willing to have them redo every animation to be both left and right handed and to store that data about your wizard in the database? It would stop actual production of the game. I'm ambidextrous, and honestly, I don't see any reason that we have to have 'pride' on the subject of which hand we were taught to use. If you're offended by this, then you're going to wind up with a heart attack later in life (cars, right handed; sinks, right handed, or at least all one tap ones are; toilet paper dispensers, right handed; the majority of the world's written languages, right handed). I just don't see any need nor any reason to have this included, and can only seeing it cost us in the end.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
PolarPepsi27 wrote:

That would be cool i myself am also a lefty! leftys of the world unite :P

Survivor
Jun 13, 2009
But every left handed person in the world (or almost every) knows that they ARE different from everyone else. But, it is a GOOD difference. And, being different we left handed people WANT to show the world that we are lefty, not hide it and be conformers! Whats so hard about switching the wand from right hand to left hand? Nothing in my opinion! There IS a certain pride with being cool and different like that! Look in baseball-they always want LEFT HANDED pitchers in the pitching roster because it makes them DIFFERENT! It adds strength to their numbers.
I think that KI needs to consider EVERY CHILD and give them the CHOICE to choose!

Defender
Feb 16, 2009
I agree, but the way you are hyping it makes it sound worse than it really is. You're acting like they make all characters one gender, or all of the the same age (Oh, wait a minute.)

Kyle Firefist