Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Last Resort Spells

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 28, 2008
I thought of an idea for spells that could be used as sort of a last resort if you are stuck in a tough spot, like if you're fighting a super difficult boss (like Medulla or any of the Beastman Fight Club bosses) that you can't defeat. It could be used as a super strong finisher, or game changer to even the odds. They would be super strong hitting spells for little or no regular/shadow pips...but, the catch of these spells can only be used once per battle and either the accuracy would be lower or potentially hit you back hard so they couldn't be used to break the game all the time. Kind of like Insane Bolt, but one for each school to use.

Also, to make PVP more fair I would say these spells would be banned in PVP.

As for how the spells themselves would play out (animation wise and what not), that would be up for the Devs to decide should they think this is a good idea and want to implement this or parts of this. But if you guys have ideas for the individual spells, share them! I'd love to see them.

Survivor
Dec 28, 2008
There's something I just thought of I'd like to add; these spells would only appear when you are either at low health, running out of spells, if the battle is going on for way too long, or potentially all of the above. Having them available to use whenever like a regular spell would sort of defeat the purpose of it being a last resort. Though, some might like it better just being an optional spell to add in the deck rather than an automatic spell that's equipped. (Though technically if the spells do show up automatically you don't have to use it if you don't want to, being forced to use them at a low point would be a bad idea.)
Also, I forgot about last resort heals that would work the same way as last resort attacks, only they heal instead of attack. What would probably happen is that by using them to make it less cheating is that either the accuracy would be low or negative buffs would be placed on the wizard/positive buffs would be placed on the enemies.