Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Larger Decks

AuthorMessage
Defender
Sep 29, 2010
I think its time we have our deck sizes increased, I mean, when was the last time we could have larger sized decks. Celestia? I really think we need more space for the constant new spells we are receiving. Is there a reason why bigger decks haven't already been added in the past few updates?

Defender
Dec 26, 2016
How far long are you and what deck do you have? By the time you reach Khrysalis or something you get 64 spaces for cards. At that point, there's no space left in the display. I think we only get sideboard increases for decks after that point.

I think 64 cards are just enough, even accounting for different play styles.

Amber Dreamflower 120
Amber Frostflower 53
Mindy Rainflower 5

Mastermind
Apr 13, 2011
CaptainAureus on Sep 12, 2017 wrote:
I think its time we have our deck sizes increased, I mean, when was the last time we could have larger sized decks. Celestia? I really think we need more space for the constant new spells we are receiving. Is there a reason why bigger decks haven't already been added in the past few updates?
nobody really needs more than the max. especially those who know how to set up decks properly and efficiently. I cant speak for pvp but I know pve doesn't need more.

Defender
Jan 24, 2009
Exactly i agree its tough cramming so many spells in a 64 card deck.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
I think 64 cards is more than enough for my battling needs at this time. I too had the same problem with more cards than there is space when I reached Azteca. So I made 2 decks; separating one on one hit spells from AOE spells and use only the ones i need with a few extras in each deck accordingly leaving me 40- 50 spells in a 64 card deck. I just have to remember to adjust the deck i'm using and switch decks when needed. It's possible we may need a larger deck as more spells are coming to the game.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Most people only put in the cards they will need, filling a deck with spells is a very inefficient way of playing imo. The only additional space needed is for treasure card storage, but then again, there are decks with 40 treasure card spaces.

For the majority of the battles I do, I put in 8 or less cards so I can find what I need when I need it!

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Actually, I'd like to see some high-end spell decks with fewer slots for cards but more spaces for jewels. For example, I don't need six of the same type of blade, I need six different types of blade so they can stack. If I could put a Balance Blade triangle jewel plus a Fire Blade triangle jewel on the same spell deck, that would be really helpful.

And I do agree with Jasmine - some of the toughest battles are best fought with between 10-20 cards, max. Wading through a massive deck is risky when the enemies are hurling huge damage your way. You need specific cards to come up fast, at exactly the right time.

Alia Misthaven

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
As a low lvl player, you'll need as many cards as possible, you aren't confident in your abilities that "will I one shot them" but as you progress, having over 20-30 cards will easily be your downfall... When you begin Avalon↑ being able to grab what's needed as fast as possible is what decides if you win. Or lose.... Tell me.. this boss, 15000 health.... would having 5,6 Frost Giants be useful? Or would you just discard them all till you find Wholly Mammoth, or Lord of Winter?... Even then.. if you done it several times... 2-4 blades, and a feint... Wholly Mammoth does 11k.... Would having 3 in your deck be necessary?

I'm ice... I literally don't pack any blades or traps... Just Shrike, Kabaltic Winds, Frenzy, and what ever blades my gear gives me... Epic blizzards.....even if I don't critical I'm doing 1900... If I needed a hit... I got the blades and Climacysm.... My deck rarely sees 20 cards... Unless it's support decks... Even then, Reshuffle... That 20 cards became 39