Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Kiosk Improvements

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Nov 27, 2013
I hope it's not too soon to suggest improvements to the Kiosk interface. I'm very happy with the new system, thank you KI. I have a few suggestions though.

First, the folks who are designing and making the interface should actually use it to hatch pets.

There are currently about 55 pages of pets in the kiosk, they are listed alphabetically. That means if I am looking for a zombie, I have to click the arrow 54 times to see them. This is less good than it could be. Perhaps five tabs at the top (like at the bazaar) for A-D, E-F, G-L, M-S, & T-Z pets? Not as nice as the bazaar's ability to sort by different attributes, but would be very helpful.

If you click on a type of pet, say Dill Piggle, and look through them, then click the double arrow to go back, it does not take you "back" to where you were, it takes you to the beginning. This is just tedium, clicking the right arrow again to get back to where you were in the list.

Also, once you open the pet type panel, the pets are presented by Pedigree. I have never met, personally, nor encountered in any reading or youtube video about pet hatching, a single case where people were hatching for Pedigree. I realize there is a group of people who think pedigree is significant, but most folks hatch for talents, not for pedigree. If someone asks me to hatch with a pet that I put in there, I tell them the pets NAME, which would be a better index to use than pedigree in my opinion.

Of course, when I am hatching, I am typically looking for talents, Sprite Queen for example.

Please have the people who made this interface use it to find pets to hatch with that have Sprite Queen. You better make sure they have an hour or two. Here's a better one. Try to find an adult pet that has manifested Mighty and Unshakeable.

I can't imagine how it makes sense to have an interface in the kiosk that is so nerfed. Something like the bazzar's page would be much better.
- sort by pet name, type, pedigree if you want, pets age, even (gasp) manifested talent.
- tabs for each school of pet, plus hybrid pets, PLUS FIRST GEN pets.
- search feature for manifested talent.
- sort feature to sort pets by attribute (strength, intellect, agility, etc)

The priorities of the hatchers should be the controlling interest in making something useful.

I think the kiosk is a great idea. I also think it can be a lot better.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
ChicoValerian on Apr 15, 2018 wrote:
I hope it's not too soon to suggest improvements to the Kiosk interface. I'm very happy with the new system, thank you KI. I have a few suggestions though.

First, the folks who are designing and making the interface should actually use it to hatch pets.

There are currently about 55 pages of pets in the kiosk, they are listed alphabetically. That means if I am looking for a zombie, I have to click the arrow 54 times to see them. This is less good than it could be. Perhaps five tabs at the top (like at the bazaar) for A-D, E-F, G-L, M-S, & T-Z pets? Not as nice as the bazaar's ability to sort by different attributes, but would be very helpful.

If you click on a type of pet, say Dill Piggle, and look through them, then click the double arrow to go back, it does not take you "back" to where you were, it takes you to the beginning. This is just tedium, clicking the right arrow again to get back to where you were in the list.

Also, once you open the pet type panel, the pets are presented by Pedigree. I have never met, personally, nor encountered in any reading or youtube video about pet hatching, a single case where people were hatching for Pedigree. I realize there is a group of people who think pedigree is significant, but most folks hatch for talents, not for pedigree. If someone asks me to hatch with a pet that I put in there, I tell them the pets NAME, which would be a better index to use than pedigree in my opinion.

Of course, when I am hatching, I am typically looking for talents, Sprite Queen for example.

Please have the people who made this interface use it to find pets to hatch with that have Sprite Queen. You better make sure they have an hour or two. Here's a better one. Try to find an adult pet that has manifested Mighty and Unshakeable.

I can't imagine how it makes sense to have an interface in the kiosk that is so nerfed. Something like the bazzar's page would be much better.
- sort by pet name, type, pedigree if you want, pets age, even (gasp) manifested talent.
- tabs for each school of pet, plus hybrid pets, PLUS FIRST GEN pets.
- search feature for manifested talent.
- sort feature to sort pets by attribute (strength, intellect, agility, etc)

The priorities of the hatchers should be the controlling interest in making something useful.

I think the kiosk is a great idea. I also think it can be a lot better.
I have already made it known that I totally LOVE the kiosk! I also agree there are things that can be improved as well. I love the suggestions you have made and would like to add another idea to yours.

Currently pets can be searched by school, which is great but also limited. The school is determined by the school of the body type, not by the talents! Enchanted armaments would fall into balance pets even though they have universally great cards so people make them into working pets for all different schools etc. I have lots of pets that have talents that do not correspond to the school of the body type.

I'd like there to be an option for us to place the pet into the right category if we want to over-ride the default category. I've got a beauty of a stray piggle with 2.0 max stats and OP storm talents....but he would land up under 'myth pets', likewise blaze foxes give balance blades so suit any school but will fall into 'balance pets' even if they have other school talents etc.

Please please KI let us over-ride the default if our pets are better suited to a different school category!

Mastermind
Nov 27, 2013
Victoria --

how about if they introduced an "off school" category? My character is balance but I have pet that gives me balance attributes but it is a storm pet and gives a storm blade card. I use it when I am questing with my storm friend.