Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

KingsIsle, add this!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 07, 2010
Here are some concepts I'd like to see in the next few updates:

Pet Training:

Reveal Next Talent
Description: Reveals next pet talent or ability for crowns
(You still have to train the pet to get it)

Teen- 125 crowns
Adult- 250 crowns
Ancient- 500 crowns
Epic- 1000 crowns
Mega- 2000 crowns

PvP:

A vendor that sells tanking style gear for arena tickets

-Gear like Jade but with some stats increased or decreased
-Athames and Rings focus primarily on defensive stats such as universal resist and/or outgoing and incoming healing
-Maybe amulets could be school mastery amulets with PvP attibutes?
-Decks could aim towards side deck space and pip chance rather then critical and block
-Wands could be a mix between Teeth of the Lords of Night and Silver Order of the Spiral

Gives wizards without the resources to buy crowns the opportunity to get tanking gear if they have a membership.

Jewels:

Jewel vendor in Unicorn Way should sell more types of jewels.

-Pierce jewels
-Outgoing jewels
-Incoming jewels

Spells:

Burning Rampage, Sacred Charge, and Catch of the Day should become available to craft for Legendary Artisans.

Other:

Insta-Max Elixir
Description: Takes the wizard to current max level
Current cost: 66,000 crowns (600c per level)

Level Up! Elixir
Description: Takes the wizard to the next world
Cost: 6000 crowns

Some people like questing. Most don't. These potions give wizards the opportunity to put their good time forth in better things.

Champion
Mar 25, 2011
No. Stop. Are questing and farming not good times? Is the surprise factor in pet training not a good time?

I slightly tolerated the jewel idea because that seemed viable in the game but come on. A lot of these stuff are silly. A max level potion? That just guarantees that you'll finish getting everything you need on a wizard from nearly every school with little ease and a lot less skill.

When you quest, you not only learn a lot about a school of magic, but also how best to play it. Bumping up to max level on a school you having barely quested to max with can make trouble not only for you, but of others who play with you. At max level, the idea should be you have experience with your school and a personal play style with it that has been nurtured through questing, learning new spells and using that time in between learning spells and questing to master using them, so you are more prepared in your knowledge. Here's my translation of what you just requested:

Here are some concepts I want because I don't want to make the effort of asking for help instead:

Pet Training:

Reveal pet stats so I get the perfect pet on the first try.

"PAY TO WIN"

PvP:

A vendor that sells gear to make jading way easier so people can win by doing nothing for all time.

Spells:

Skeleton Key Bosses that drop spells are pointless. Too challenging and I refuse to look for help.

Other:

Elixir to max level. That way I can have max chars of all schools and totally tell people I've worked hard to get them there.

Your jewel idea is good. Start with that next time before you go blurting out something senseless on your first post. Do some research. Ask for help. There are a lot more wizards out there willing to discuss strategies then you might assume.

Plus, what'd response do you think you would get? Dworgyn saying yes?

Sure. Maybe they'll make Morganthe the Undying too.

Delver
Jun 14, 2016
Hmm, what about a Level-DOWN elixir?

Due to the level penalty on critical and block rates this might be useful.

Survivor
Oct 07, 2010
thelastdiviner on Sep 21, 2016 wrote:
No. Stop. Are questing and farming not good times? Is the surprise factor in pet training not a good time?

I slightly tolerated the jewel idea because that seemed viable in the game but come on. A lot of these stuff are silly. A max level potion? That just guarantees that you'll finish getting everything you need on a wizard from nearly every school with little ease and a lot less skill.

When you quest, you not only learn a lot about a school of magic, but also how best to play it. Bumping up to max level on a school you having barely quested to max with can make trouble not only for you, but of others who play with you. At max level, the idea should be you have experience with your school and a personal play style with it that has been nurtured through questing, learning new spells and using that time in between learning spells and questing to master using them, so you are more prepared in your knowledge. Here's my translation of what you just requested:

Here are some concepts I want because I don't want to make the effort of asking for help instead:

Pet Training:

"PAY TO WIN"

PvP:

A vendor that sells gear to make jading way easier so people can win by doing nothing for all time.

Spells:

Skeleton Key Bosses that drop spells are pointless. Too challenging and I refuse to look for help.

Other:

Elixir to max level. That way I can have max chars of all schools and totally tell people I've worked hard to get them there.

Your jewel idea is good. Start with that next time before you go blurting out something senseless on your first post. Do some research. Ask for help. There are a lot more wizards out there willing to discuss strategies then you might assume.

thelastdiviner I'm glad you were able to tolerate my amateur post. You have many valid points as well. But have you paid attention to anything that has been happening in game lately? KI has added crowns chests to every major dungeon in game, not to mention they've added re-rolls to tournament drops making it easier to get tickets. Revealing the pet talents are no different. Sure it's pay to win, but I'm sure most people don't mind. As for the spells, let's be honest.. KI is eventually going to make them craftable anyway. They did with Loremaster and everything else. For the max level elixir, how is it any different from the level 50 elixir in game? Why don't you send your opinion to KI about that lol. Anyway, I appreciate your thoughts.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
The pet reveal makes no sense at all at those ridiculously low costs. In order for it to make sense for KI to do this, it would have to create more revenue than Energy Elixir and Snack Pack sales currently do. If you want to find out a pet's talents without spending to train it, wait for test realm and do it for free.

Explorer
Nov 08, 2015
thelastdiviner on Sep 21, 2016 wrote:

Pet Training:

"PAY TO WIN"

PvP:

Spells:

Other:

I actually really liked ALL of the ideas except for the max level exelir :D other than that i loved them!!! good job!

Survivor
Mar 06, 2016
I think that pets should be more unique so it should be like your Unicorn Princess Mia or whatever is now a-
  • Scholar
  • familiar
  • helper
  • legend
Or something like that. I think it should be displayed above your pet.

Survivor
Feb 26, 2012
I think you should add an option to report good things about good people. This is for the wizards who go to wizard city and help young wizards. I feel people who do this get no recognition and should. So lets say a 110 storm comes and helps a level 10 wizard, they could get a point and at the end of the month you can add up the points and the wizard who helps the most, can get a housing item. But one wizard can not go out and keep helping and get a bunch of points. So this is my idea to help the game and make it a better world. O my name is wyatt can you add that name into the game please. Ty for reading my note.

Champion
Mar 25, 2011
FirebladeForTheWin on Sep 22, 2016 wrote:
thelastdiviner I'm glad you were able to tolerate my amateur post. You have many valid points as well. But have you paid attention to anything that has been happening in game lately? KI has added crowns chests to every major dungeon in game, not to mention they've added re-rolls to tournament drops making it easier to get tickets. Revealing the pet talents are no different. Sure it's pay to win, but I'm sure most people don't mind. As for the spells, let's be honest.. KI is eventually going to make them craftable anyway. They did with Loremaster and everything else. For the max level elixir, how is it any different from the level 50 elixir in game? Why don't you send your opinion to KI about that lol. Anyway, I appreciate your thoughts.
Don't get me wrong, I would be satisfied knowing if these were implemented into the game, myself and hundreds of others would definitely have an easier time with overall challenges in the game. It's just the fact that, in my opinion, it feels so much better to know that you worked hard with failure to receive rewards, which is a great lesson especially for many of our younger players. They should know how to work to get what they want, not just buy it because you have the money. This game teaches a lot of good value systems that we may tend to overlook.

The spells, I'm not too worried about. I think they'll keep them as skeleton key boss drops because if they didn't, those skeleton key bosses would be pretty much useless and would easily become a waste of precious game space.

As a response to the max-elixir idea, I see it more applicable as a level 100 elixir, not a max one. For this specifically, I think we need the 3rd arch to be released more so that we will have a better understanding of where and how our character will be stated in terms of gear boosts and spells, as it was determined for the level 50 elixir.

Apologies if my original post seemed harsh. I usually don't type so aggressively. I think I was triggered by the thought of Wu Realm crazies running around the commons with max levels due to an elixir and little effort.

Take care friend.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
seethe42 on Sep 22, 2016 wrote:
The pet reveal makes no sense at all at those ridiculously low costs. In order for it to make sense for KI to do this, it would have to create more revenue than Energy Elixir and Snack Pack sales currently do. If you want to find out a pet's talents without spending to train it, wait for test realm and do it for free.
I think the thing not to be missed though is that all it does is reveal the next talent. So for example, I am tired of so many of my pets having "Pierce Train". If I've got what looks like a half decent pet, but that's the next talent coming up, I'd stop training it in hopes of getting that blasted talent out of the pool. If the pet is Adult at that time, I'll train it with another Adult pet that doesn't have that talent trained, and hope that eventually I'll breed it out.

When I think of someone like myself, I have so many Mega Snacks from gardening and Double Gardening Rewards, I'll probably never have to buy another Mega Snack Pack again, so I'm not spending Crowns there. I don't spend Crowns on refilling my Energy globe very often. When I do it's not for pet training, it's because I visited a garden with more needs than I had Energy to take care of.

That said, I have a lot of pets that I have been breeding over the years and all but one of them has at least one trained talent that I hate. I can't seem to breed it out. But if I could reveal the next talent and stop training if it's one of those talents, well I might be inclined to spend Crowns to find that out, and then I might also spend some Crowns on Purreau's Potions and Hatching Elixirs to keep hatching if I feel I'm getting close to the talents I want and I still have enough Energy to train the new pets.

To be honest, it's all the uncertainty in pet training right now that prevents me from spending Crowns on anything related to it. I would be mad if I spent 250 Crowns on an Energy Elixir just to train a Hearty talent at Ancient. But I would feel ok spending 500 Crowns to see that I should stop training at that point. Then I would go hatch again to see if I can get something better.

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
way to fix the pet talent thing, and i do this,

Grab your phone
Search your pet bred, follow by wizard101: Wizard101 Death Seraph
Look for Wizard101 Central, most likely the very first site you can click on
And every talent your pet gets is shown.

how to fix the wrong talent idea
Get 2 first generations of the exact same pet, hatch, you lose nor gain no new talents, and you get a third try just in case the first two failed to please

or make it where your pet can bred asexually, or by it's self, but double the price it would if you would done normal hatching

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
I think everything but the pet thing is great. Crowns for training pets, now that is just pure laziness. KingIsle made those pet pavilion games for people to play.

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
frostednutella on Sep 27, 2016 wrote:
I think everything but the pet thing is great. Crowns for training pets, now that is just pure laziness. KingIsle made those pet pavilion games for people to play.
well to the creator of the posts' defense, he said it only reveals the next talent, you still have to train to get it

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
camahawk on Sep 27, 2016 wrote:
well to the creator of the posts' defense, he said it only reveals the next talent, you still have to train to get it
And training it to find it out requires energy and snacks to be used, this bypasses that with a tiny crown purchase. That's energy and snacks you won't use if it happened to be a talent you don't like. You have the ability to move ahead faster than others with crowns already with Energy Elixirs and Mega Snacks. This is just a cheap way to bypass the work and the cost and the time. You don't have to train it, you just pay a tiny bit of crowns then discard pet if you don't like it and save all that energy and snacks for the next try.

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
camahawk on Sep 27, 2016 wrote:
That is still laziness.