Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

KI needs to recognize their longstanding players

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 28, 2008
Kingisle should reward players who have had an account for "x" amount of years or so. I've been playing on and off (quite a lot in recent) and it would be nice to be recognized for how long i've chose to stick with the game over the years. I started playing nine years ago, about a year after the game was created.

I am much older now, and I still enjoy the game, it's easy to get into, has a lot of content and in general, fun to play. I'm sure others would agree with me on that as well, KI has done a good job supporting it for almost 10 years.

As far as rewarding longstanding players, i'm not thinking anything crazy like a super OP wand, robe, amulet etc. But rather something cosmetic like a special piece of equipment which has no stats, but was "stitchable", a cool pet (nothing crazy in terms of abilities) or even a title.

KI should at least do a title, I mean cmon...how hard can it be to type in a few words and implement a few new titles for certain players?

Rewards should be implemented in tiers (ex: if you've been playing for 3 years, you get this, and if you've played for 4 years you get that) and so on so forth.

Please let me know your thoughts on this, I'd be happy to hear them.

Thank you.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Interesting idea.

But what do you do with the family who started on one single account back in '09 and now each are playing on their own accounts which have been instituted more recently?

My children are all adults now and probably wouldn't get miffed over the fact that it would be the youngest (who took over the family account) who would be so recognized.

Aside from that sort of instance, I think it would be nice to have a badge that states I've been a Wizard for XX years. It would be a cool idea to implement during a 10th anniversary celebration.

Steven Ghoststalker

Explorer
May 20, 2012
good idea. I've been playing since the game came out but I have switched accounts though.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Bwax on Dec 19, 2017 wrote:
Kingisle should reward players who have had an account for "x" amount of years or so. I've been playing on and off (quite a lot in recent) and it would be nice to be recognized for how long i've chose to stick with the game over the years. I started playing nine years ago, about a year after the game was created.

I am much older now, and I still enjoy the game, it's easy to get into, has a lot of content and in general, fun to play. I'm sure others would agree with me on that as well, KI has done a good job supporting it for almost 10 years.

As far as rewarding longstanding players, i'm not thinking anything crazy like a super OP wand, robe, amulet etc. But rather something cosmetic like a special piece of equipment which has no stats, but was "stitchable", a cool pet (nothing crazy in terms of abilities) or even a title.

KI should at least do a title, I mean cmon...how hard can it be to type in a few words and implement a few new titles for certain players?

Rewards should be implemented in tiers (ex: if you've been playing for 3 years, you get this, and if you've played for 4 years you get that) and so on so forth.

Please let me know your thoughts on this, I'd be happy to hear them.

Thank you.
Why do you play W101 and why have you played this game for years? Because this game offers a fun, relaxing way to spend your free time without vegging in front of a TV. You give money to KI and KI provides the entertainment.
However, I'm not against a badge or a trophy offered during a special event - they did this at the 5th year anniversary with a Pioneer Dragon Statue to place in your home. According to how long you had played the Dragon was gold or silver.
Instead of gear or a pet, I think a housing item would be better than a badge.

Survivor
Sep 06, 2010
I feel like even if they did this the prize would be lackluster, would you be proud for playing around 10 years and get like, 2500 crowns for it?

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
If I recall, KI tried to show appreciation to players by gifting us veterans of the game an housing item. The item was based on how long you have been with the game. I still have that item to this day.
Any recall this?

About your thought though. Honestly, most of us must have thought of this at some point or another but was possible scared to bring it up due to responses or you coming off as insensitive etc. But I don't think it's insensitive of us to think or express views like this. Why? Because you're right!

We've all supported the game throughout the years by renewing our memberships, purchasing crowns and heck, even advertising the game to our family and friends, all to the benefit of KI. Now, while I enjoy and welcome new players to the game, it must be stated that the old ones, the ones who grew up on the game are still here. Must of us turned 18 while playing this game. These things should not be overlooked and instead, be celebrated and upheld.

The badge idea sounds cool as it is something tangible to display our loyalty to KI. Loyalty is something rare to come by nowadays, so whenever it does occur, it needs to be respected and graciously thanked. I feel KI should and explore such an option.

Don't allow your veteran players to feel left out or forgotten. Instead, give us reasons to stay, reasons for us to say; "I'm glad I'm here" or, "I'm glad I returned."
Not "I wish I had not discovered this game" or "I hate this game"

We all share a strong passion towards the game and we would like to see KI sharing the same passion towards longstanding players.

I rest my case.

Survivor
Feb 02, 2009
They have actually done this before - I cant remember how long ago it was but if your account was made in 2008/2009 You got a Frontier Dragon and etc.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
they did this once, as part of the birthday celebration; users were given prizes based on account age, and people got upset.

players who participated in the game's beta, or who joined before sept. 2009, got mounts; everyone else got a neat-looking dragon statue in gold, silver, or bronze (depending on your join date). i had to dig a bit, but you can see them here:

https://www.wizard101.com/game/5th-birthday-items

i remember seeing a lot of angry posts on the boards, which is probably why it hasn't been repeated.

that said, i do like area51alien's badge idea: perhaps we could get the for major milestones (5 years, 10 years, etc).

-von

Explorer
Sep 20, 2017
Exactly!

Give us a reason to stay and continue supporting rather than "adding new content" excuse.

Champion
Jan 27, 2010
Something similar to what your describing happened a few years back for the 5th anniversary of the game where people that joined before September 1st 2009 got a free perm dragon mount while everyone else got statues of the dragon mount.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
KI is rewarding us for playing. Every year we get a free Veteran gift and free stuff plus crowns for Christmas and Birthday celebrations including discounts from the crown shop. There are a few million of accounts at KI gaming company. It's impossible to look at every single account to decide who should get what according to how long the accounts been active. When the game was very new, there wasn't near as many accounts and KI had more employees. So I think KI is doing the best they can.

Survivor
Dec 28, 2008
negus322 on Dec 20, 2017 wrote:
I feel like even if they did this the prize would be lackluster, would you be proud for playing around 10 years and get like, 2500 crowns for it?
I forgot to include this in my original post, I was going to mention that if KI decided to carry on with this idea, do not have it be a sort of "crowns pack". That's as you put, quite lackluster and underwhelming.

Delver
Jun 14, 2010
They did do something like this several years ago, where older players got permanent dragon mounts you'll see one every now and again.

But I like the idea of a badge.