Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

KI, better restrict low level wizards!

2
AuthorMessage
Defender
Mar 09, 2011
122
quilteddawg63 on Sep 15, 2012 wrote:
That drives me insane. I get so tired of a "no chat" wizard asking for help then dragging me all over. I wouldn't mind helping a younger wizard learn the ropes but all they want to do is get their kill count and run off. I won't go anymore. I also get very frustrated with someone popping into my duel circle and stealing my targets. I'm getting to the point where, after I have my 2 count I just pass and they get to kill their own monsters. And I finally just turned off all requests for friends. After a couple strangers popped into my house that was the end of that. I'm hoping that since school started some of that activity will slow down.
I am a "no chat" wizard and sometimes i just plum need help from higher leveled friends (because they're the only ones who have access to this dungeon) on dungeons like Ghost Avalon. I am currently level 82, so i have few friends who have higher levels than me (but frankly i do) and, for some reason, they all have text chat. Sometimes i need to flee the duel, get a potion, and get back onto the dungeon sigil, but, when i get inside, i find that my higher level friends have left, thinking they can't hold out on their own. One of the worst things about being a "no chat" wizard is that i can't properly communicate to them that i'm quite simply getting healed so that i can come back and help. Also, when my upper level friends need me, (which hasn't happened since i was like, level 60) i can't teleport to them because it might be full. They might not know this, but i can't communicate to them that i can't get there. "It won't let me teleport to you." isn't quite a fitting response to "Help!" by someone with text chat i haven't spoken to in ages. Never once has it crossed my mind to teleport to someone just for the rewards, nor do i ever wish to do this. Btw i am very sensitive about using up other people's traps (and vice versa) and try my hardest not to. However, i do totally agree that we should have some sorta button that only allows certain peeps to teleport to you. The day this is created is the day i claim "Wizard101 has reached perfection!" which, at some point, is possible.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
880
lastdaysgunslinger on Dec 10, 2012 wrote:
I dont see anything changing guys. Cost to much money an time for them to update this just because a few people have an issue with it.
But if they were to do something maybe make it so that no XP is given in a world you have no key to. This way powerleveling would go away but people who want to port friends in for help could still do this.
By blocking worlds completely just causes problems to those that use lower level help.
There is about 3 threads on this issue already with the same people having issues with it. Check the dates on these threads.........KI is not going to do anything about this, Because its not causing a problem to that many people.
The people that are having issues with lowbies porting in or jumping in, I am sorry for your inconvenience but to block others from using an option is what would be not fair.
Gunslinger your obviously intelligent, but your logic is skewed in several areas,and u post blind opinions as facts.

1) By blocking worlds completely just causes problems to those that use lower level help. Wrong. You are confusing a preference with a problem. The problem exists and is not being addressed by KI for whatever reason. Fixing it may take away your preference, but it is not a problem. It would simply take away a preference is all. I much prefer losing preferences to help others,than to keep something that causes problems for others.

2) KI is not going to do anything about this, Because its not causing a problem to that many people. You are posting a blind opinion as a fact! You have no idea what KI is going to do,and you have no idea on how many this problem adversely affects.

3)I am sorry for your inconvenience but to block others from using an option is what would be not fair. Wrong. What is not fair,is allowing others to suffer from a legitimate game problem,just so you or others can selfishly continue to use 2 accounts, or whatever the reason.

Survivor
Jan 13, 2010
4
So you DECIDE to port or you ALLOW someone to port, and you are now upset about the fact that you're affected by the outcome? You understand that YOU have control over porting to someone or allowing someone to port to you?? I don't understand what kind of changes you feel KI should make here. Having a friend port and help you, sometimes a lower level wizard, is a HUGE benefit. I have had friends port to me upon request who were lower level because I didn't want to spend the crowns for a henchman or I wanted to show my lower level friend the world I was in. Whining about it and asking for KI to control something you ALREADY have full control over is just NOT he solution...

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
774
cool2bmike on Dec 17, 2012 wrote:
So you DECIDE to port or you ALLOW someone to port, and you are now upset about the fact that you're affected by the outcome? You understand that YOU have control over porting to someone or allowing someone to port to you?? I don't understand what kind of changes you feel KI should make here. Having a friend port and help you, sometimes a lower level wizard, is a HUGE benefit. I have had friends port to me upon request who were lower level because I didn't want to spend the crowns for a henchman or I wanted to show my lower level friend the world I was in. Whining about it and asking for KI to control something you ALREADY have full control over is just NOT he solution...
Young wizards should read more of a thread before making strong statements.

You say you don't understand, so please spend a little time reading. There are several threads dedicated to the topic. You can aggree/disagree fine. But make sure you understand before firing off your thoughts.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
938
cool2bmike on Dec 17, 2012 wrote:
So you DECIDE to port or you ALLOW someone to port, and you are now upset about the fact that you're affected by the outcome? You understand that YOU have control over porting to someone or allowing someone to port to you?? I don't understand what kind of changes you feel KI should make here. Having a friend port and help you, sometimes a lower level wizard, is a HUGE benefit. I have had friends port to me upon request who were lower level because I didn't want to spend the crowns for a henchman or I wanted to show my lower level friend the world I was in. Whining about it and asking for KI to control something you ALREADY have full control over is just NOT he solution...
yeah cool you tell them.
It definately is not the solution.

Defender
Jul 28, 2009
191
Blaze Shadowrider on Sep 14, 2012 wrote:
For the second time two days I have been asked to assist another wizard in battle. The deal is in each time the wizard did not have a spiral key to the world where I was summoned and the wizard was simply using me to get free loot. For example, today the wizard that summoned me to the Portico was only at level 35 and last night I got summoned to fight Astreaus by a level 29. I ended yup getting killed and popping a bottle before I realized he did not have the quest and didn't have a bit of business trying to fight that boss!

Now I realize that the ability for a lower level wizard to port in to assist another higher level wizard during a duel can be a boon, but on the same token it can get a wizard defeated during a street battle if said low level wizard pops in, drags another enemy into the fight and then chickens out and flees.

Normally in such instances the individual is instantly removed from my friend list, but it is a huge annoyance. KI, in my opinion you need to do something to fix this and I hope this post does not fall upon deaf ears.

That said may I suggest the following solution... for any wizard that attempts to port to another wizard in a world that they do not yet have a spiral key for they will receive a message saying something along the lines of "Your friend does not need help right now".

If they do port into a duel, then their "flee" button will be greyed out thus forcing them to fight until they are defeated or the duel is over. At the same time, the wizard whom they ported in on will have the option to "send away" thus sending the wizard back to their point of origin. Additionally upon returning to their point of origin the wizard will have a 60 second countdown timer start... just like when porting from a house or similar location.

I believe the above would strike a fair balance between allowing a wizard to gain valuable experience battling higher level bosses ( not to mention getting some good loot) while at the same time preventing them from exploiting others and the game in general.

For any wizard that agrees with me, I would ask that they "bump" this thread or if they have a better idea or disagree, then let's hear it.
I agree and then not. So why I agree is because it is quite annoying on how they just use you for loot as you said for gold. They have Wizard City and Krok or something like that so just stay there and get your gold. And why I don't agree because what if you want a lower level person to port. So I think you should have a sign pop up that says if or not you want them to come in but that is my opinion.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
880
cool2bmike on Dec 17, 2012 wrote:
So you DECIDE to port or you ALLOW someone to port, and you are now upset about the fact that you're affected by the outcome? You understand that YOU have control over porting to someone or allowing someone to port to you?? I don't understand what kind of changes you feel KI should make here. Having a friend port and help you, sometimes a lower level wizard, is a HUGE benefit. I have had friends port to me upon request who were lower level because I didn't want to spend the crowns for a henchman or I wanted to show my lower level friend the world I was in. Whining about it and asking for KI to control something you ALREADY have full control over is just NOT he solution...
You obviously don't understand.The problem isn't friends who let friends help them. The problem is some people allow anyone on their friends list,and then they allow these people to port at will,and some of these same people go on and cause intentional trouble for other people. I suggest trying to better understand the problem,before you post a rant so far off base;It only serves to make you look foolish.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
938
Intrepidatius on Dec 18, 2012 wrote:
You obviously don't understand.The problem isn't friends who let friends help them. The problem is some people allow anyone on their friends list,and then they allow these people to port at will,and some of these same people go on and cause intentional trouble for other people. I suggest trying to better understand the problem,before you post a rant so far off base;It only serves to make you look foolish.
You are correct its not those who port in to help. So maybe everyone could figure out a solution that doesnt take the port option away. I brought up an idea a while back about making it so you cannot receive xp in a world unless you have a key, This would make low levels not want to be there unless to help a person in need.
I completely agree with all of you that people jumping into battle circles can be annoying, I just dont feel that restrictions to worlds is the answer to the dillema. Especially seeing how alot of the population probably uses lower level help at times.
If they were to put a level restriction on worlds does that mean we cannot use underleveled henchman anymore, Looks like we would be spending quite a bit more for help then. I know a ton of people that use level 30 life henchman all the time. But wait a level 30 in azteca HOW CAN THIS BE. So see its not the level that is affecting this issue, Its the person behind the toon jumping into circles at random, Level has nothing to do with it.
So instead of level restrictions how about we figure something out that doesnt cripple those that use low level assistance.

Survivor
Jul 26, 2011
25
Blaze Shadowrider on Sep 14, 2012 wrote:
For the second time two days I have been asked to assist another wizard in battle. The deal is in each time the wizard did not have a spiral key to the world where I was summoned and the wizard was simply using me to get free loot. For example, today the wizard that summoned me to the Portico was only at level 35 and last night I got summoned to fight Astreaus by a level 29. I ended yup getting killed and popping a bottle before I realized he did not have the quest and didn't have a bit of business trying to fight that boss!

Now I realize that the ability for a lower level wizard to port in to assist another higher level wizard during a duel can be a boon, but on the same token it can get a wizard defeated during a street battle if said low level wizard pops in, drags another enemy into the fight and then chickens out and flees.

Normally in such instances the individual is instantly removed from my friend list, but it is a huge annoyance. KI, in my opinion you need to do something to fix this and I hope this post does not fall upon deaf ears.

That said may I suggest the following solution... for any wizard that attempts to port to another wizard in a world that they do not yet have a spiral key for they will receive a message saying something along the lines of "Your friend does not need help right now".

If they do port into a duel, then their "flee" button will be greyed out thus forcing them to fight until they are defeated or the duel is over. At the same time, the wizard whom they ported in on will have the option to "send away" thus sending the wizard back to their point of origin. Additionally upon returning to their point of origin the wizard will have a 60 second countdown timer start... just like when porting from a house or similar location.

I believe the above would strike a fair balance between allowing a wizard to gain valuable experience battling higher level bosses ( not to mention getting some good loot) while at the same time preventing them from exploiting others and the game in general.

For any wizard that agrees with me, I would ask that they "bump" this thread or if they have a better idea or disagree, then let's hear it.
I disagree with this. However i do find myself in the same boat sometimes. I think when someone (of any level) is porting to you it should at least tell you. or give the option to reject the teleportation if your in a battle.

One flaw is that if the flee button is greyed out, then what if the wizard has to log off? it would be aeven more annoying waiting 30 seconds for an afk wizard every round.

Another thing is that what if the person actually wants help? im in celestia and sometimes i need help and my lower lvl friend is on right now. Even though he lower lvl it helps me out a lot with bosses. With this half my friends would not be able to help me.

I dont mean to be rude in any way but this is kinda mean and unfair.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
774
Guys, give it up. The topic isn't going anywhere. And it can't go anywhere, it never will. Nothing else can be said on this forum. Decisions have been made. That's it. So its a silly discussion. Move on.

Survivor
May 14, 2010
18
I still say putting a minimum level cap for world is the easiest thing to do. For example, with Azteca, you need to be 80 to enter it on your own. I saw no one under level 75 should be able to port there. I feel if they are 5 levels lower than the world you should still be able to hold your own in these fights but this would mostly allow high level players to get the help they need from current friends even if they are stronger than all of them. This would also prevent the level 25's from ruining our fights.

Survivor
Dec 16, 2011
48
well i go to higher worlds not to savange or become higher i only go cause my friends says HELP thats only when i do it

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
938
624711 on Dec 24, 2012 wrote:
well i go to higher worlds not to savange or become higher i only go cause my friends says HELP thats only when i do it
This is why most do it but level locks or progression locks would prevent this from happening= Bad for people that need to do this.

Survivor
Jun 06, 2012
19
Blaze Shadowrider on Sep 14, 2012 wrote:
For the second time two days I have been asked to assist another wizard in battle. The deal is in each time the wizard did not have a spiral key to the world where I was summoned and the wizard was simply using me to get free loot. For example, today the wizard that summoned me to the Portico was only at level 35 and last night I got summoned to fight Astreaus by a level 29. I ended yup getting killed and popping a bottle before I realized he did not have the quest and didn't have a bit of business trying to fight that boss!

Now I realize that the ability for a lower level wizard to port in to assist another higher level wizard during a duel can be a boon, but on the same token it can get a wizard defeated during a street battle if said low level wizard pops in, drags another enemy into the fight and then chickens out and flees.

Normally in such instances the individual is instantly removed from my friend list, but it is a huge annoyance. KI, in my opinion you need to do something to fix this and I hope this post does not fall upon deaf ears.

That said may I suggest the following solution... for any wizard that attempts to port to another wizard in a world that they do not yet have a spiral key for they will receive a message saying something along the lines of "Your friend does not need help right now".

If they do port into a duel, then their "flee" button will be greyed out thus forcing them to fight until they are defeated or the duel is over. At the same time, the wizard whom they ported in on will have the option to "send away" thus sending the wizard back to their point of origin. Additionally upon returning to their point of origin the wizard will have a 60 second countdown timer start... just like when porting from a house or similar location.

I believe the above would strike a fair balance between allowing a wizard to gain valuable experience battling higher level bosses ( not to mention getting some good loot) while at the same time preventing them from exploiting others and the game in general.

For any wizard that agrees with me, I would ask that they "bump" this thread or if they have a better idea or disagree, then let's hear it.
Well, I disagree. This is why.
1) First of all, you could use some extra help on battles when teleported to.
2) Also, my friend is on DragonSpyre and she always asks me for help. So, for some other wizards, that would not be resourceful.
3) The wizard who has the quest would get loot too. So, it is resourceful for both wizards.
4) Some wizards don't chicken out and they don't flee. Like me.
5) Some wizards just sometimes accidentally press teleport to friend button. They don't mean it.
6) Popping another enemy in gets you more xp. So, you can level up and then you can get stronger.
7) More xp for you if you help another wizard!

That is my rant for this. I am Scarlet MistCloud and I am a fire wizard. Also, just flee for yourself and leave them hanging. Lol.

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
393
Anyone here play pirate 101? because they have a pretty good solution to the problem of extra enemies. If someone flee's the battle the enemies he brought in will leave. The same logic might be applied here, but with some changes to match our player to monster ratio. anyone fleeing will cause 1 monster to leave with them, unless there are 4 wizards in the fight. If that's the case no monsters will leave. This would of course be overrulled if the fight has the same monsters no matter how many players there are. (think coven)

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
938
Scarlet MistCloud on Dec 26, 2012 wrote:
Well, I disagree. This is why.
1) First of all, you could use some extra help on battles when teleported to.
2) Also, my friend is on DragonSpyre and she always asks me for help. So, for some other wizards, that would not be resourceful.
3) The wizard who has the quest would get loot too. So, it is resourceful for both wizards.
4) Some wizards don't chicken out and they don't flee. Like me.
5) Some wizards just sometimes accidentally press teleport to friend button. They don't mean it.
6) Popping another enemy in gets you more xp. So, you can level up and then you can get stronger.
7) More xp for you if you help another wizard!

That is my rant for this. I am Scarlet MistCloud and I am a fire wizard. Also, just flee for yourself and leave them hanging. Lol.
Agreed that seems to be the easy answer. If someone ports in you dont want tell them to flee if they dont then u flee.
Please dont say "why should i have to flee" because im gonna tell you that your the one with the problem with this.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
938
average moe on Dec 26, 2012 wrote:
Anyone here play pirate 101? because they have a pretty good solution to the problem of extra enemies. If someone flee's the battle the enemies he brought in will leave. The same logic might be applied here, but with some changes to match our player to monster ratio. anyone fleeing will cause 1 monster to leave with them, unless there are 4 wizards in the fight. If that's the case no monsters will leave. This would of course be overrulled if the fight has the same monsters no matter how many players there are. (think coven)
This would be an excellent addition to wizard101.

Survivor
Dec 17, 2011
40
I personally sort of agree and disagree with this idea. Let's say i had a friend, they were in Azteca, they say they are dying and they are a real close friend. You wouldn't want them to die, so chances are unless they pull something real good off or they have another friend you can't port. So, they'll die. However i like the idea of allowing certain wizards or a way to confirm teleports or decline them. Maybe someone can add on if this post is still active?

-Unknown Transcendent Sorcerer

Defender
Feb 24, 2012
193
Noobman 1 on Jan 3, 2013 wrote:
I personally sort of agree and disagree with this idea. Let's say i had a friend, they were in Azteca, they say they are dying and they are a real close friend. You wouldn't want them to die, so chances are unless they pull something real good off or they have another friend you can't port. So, they'll die. However i like the idea of allowing certain wizards or a way to confirm teleports or decline them. Maybe someone can add on if this post is still active?

-Unknown Transcendent Sorcerer
It seems as the only real good option would be to have ability to accept a port or not. But they wont do that.

Explorer
Jan 17, 2010
77
If your friends are doing that to you you should probably deleted them ages ago, no offense intended.

But on the other hand...I would imagine you might be talking say Azteca or Avalon more than anything.

It is agreeable there should be something that helps out wizards in cases like this. I think no Low level should be able to join the battle in general. I do agree there should be no way for a wizard that isnt at least one or 2 worlds behind the key needed for that world.

Meaning a player with say CL key can not join Azteca but ones with ZF can. at least in my opinion most players that close are decent. I hate seeing level 10s and what not that just ruin battles that just walk around. When i see a level 20 walking around CL i do get annoyed....when i c a level 20 walking around Avalon i get annoyed....

I would like to c level locks by Key access...if you arent in arent at least Mooshu dont think about CL and if your say in WC i could accept help in Mooshu or even DS for the areas arent bad even my level 10 can handle itself in many areas but at the Highest areas there should locks....MS for CL, DS for ZF, CL for AV, ZF for AZ and of course nothing else needed yet

Survivor
May 06, 2009
8
I completely agree with the OP. How much help is a level 10 wizard honestly going to be in Celestia? None. They can even be liabilities in some cases such as when they incessantly trigger boss cheats after you tell them not to, or in those with menu chat especially, driving your team up the walls and/or distracting your healer with their constant begging for heals even though they have full health. Also, I have had a friend port in the middle of Big Ben, then chicken out. Fine, but then all battles are set to multiplayer difficulty and I almost die. Nice. New wizards definitely need restriction. And the amount of power leveling I see! If I had a crown for every person I see power leveling, all my wizards would have their own mount, their school house, AND be filthy rich. Honestly KI you run a pretty cheat free game but this power leveling must stop.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
3171
Noobman 1 on Jan 3, 2013 wrote:
I personally sort of agree and disagree with this idea. Let's say i had a friend, they were in Azteca, they say they are dying and they are a real close friend. You wouldn't want them to die, so chances are unless they pull something real good off or they have another friend you can't port. So, they'll die. However i like the idea of allowing certain wizards or a way to confirm teleports or decline them. Maybe someone can add on if this post is still active?

-Unknown Transcendent Sorcerer
yes, that's been my suggestion all along~ allow us to choose who can or can't port to us.

let's say i'm level 66 and you're level 59~ i would have no problem with you coming to help me, because you likely have most of the tools for the job (critical, block, etc.) available to you. now, if i'm level 66 and you're level 12, you will be completely reliant on me for survival, which is unfair to me because i now have to waste pips and time keeping you alive when i could easily end the fight myself.

to those saying 'just turn your ports off', it's not a viable solution. just because i play with my ports off doesn't mean that the guy who's afk beside me does as well. and what if his level 12 friend ports to him and joins my fight? that person has just disrupted my gaming experience, through no fault of my own.

/2 cents.
-von

Survivor
Dec 17, 2011
40
Dr Von on Jan 4, 2013 wrote:
yes, that's been my suggestion all along~ allow us to choose who can or can't port to us.

let's say i'm level 66 and you're level 59~ i would have no problem with you coming to help me, because you likely have most of the tools for the job (critical, block, etc.) available to you. now, if i'm level 66 and you're level 12, you will be completely reliant on me for survival, which is unfair to me because i now have to waste pips and time keeping you alive when i could easily end the fight myself.

to those saying 'just turn your ports off', it's not a viable solution. just because i play with my ports off doesn't mean that the guy who's afk beside me does as well. and what if his level 12 friend ports to him and joins my fight? that person has just disrupted my gaming experience, through no fault of my own.

/2 cents.
-von
That's always true... Maybe if they were a certain low level you'd get a notice saying: Brandon FrostGem level 12 wants to join your fight. Is it ok if Brandon FrostGem joins your fight?

Than it would allow you to confirm or decline. This would only work for maybe a couple battles or just in the area.

Transcendent Sorcerer

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
2209
Noobman 1 on Jan 13, 2013 wrote:
That's always true... Maybe if they were a certain low level you'd get a notice saying: Brandon FrostGem level 12 wants to join your fight. Is it ok if Brandon FrostGem joins your fight?

Than it would allow you to confirm or decline. This would only work for maybe a couple battles or just in the area.

Transcendent Sorcerer
I like that! Definitely one of the better suggestions made to help fix the problem.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
3171
Noobman 1 on Jan 13, 2013 wrote:
That's always true... Maybe if they were a certain low level you'd get a notice saying: Brandon FrostGem level 12 wants to join your fight. Is it ok if Brandon FrostGem joins your fight?

Than it would allow you to confirm or decline. This would only work for maybe a couple battles or just in the area.

Transcendent Sorcerer
exactly.

like, if my level 90 balance is in azteca and a friend tries to port, i'd get the following message.

sestiva stormblade, level 64, wants to port to you.

click yes, and it ports her into the fight.
click no, and she gets the "your friend is busy right now" message.
it should apply to the entire world as well.

or, if ki plans to keep ports as they are, low-levels could port to high-level friends, but not into their battles (meaning no combat or xp gains/power-leveling). that way, they could look all they wanted without totally throwing the rest of us off our game.



-von
promethean sorceress

2