Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Just Hands.

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 10, 2009
i think it looks really cool when wizards cast a spell with just their hands, not using a wand. i love it! i think it's more wizardly-realistic. i would much rather use just hands than a wand because when you cast with a staff your person looks like they are crazy and weird, and when you cast with a wand it kinda looks....idk, weird? wands are ok i guess. but i was a little dissappointed with how you cast a spell using a bow. i think it would be cooler to cast a spell like how a fire elf does it with a bow. anyway, i think there should be a stitching option that lets you put your wand's stats into just your hands or something because i really like casting with my hands.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
liammay11 wrote:
i think it looks really cool when wizards cast a spell with just their hands, not using a wand. i love it! i think it's more wizardly-realistic. i would much rather use just hands than a wand because when you cast with a staff your person looks like they are crazy and weird, and when you cast with a wand it kinda looks....idk, weird? wands are ok i guess. but i was a little dissappointed with how you cast a spell using a bow. i think it would be cooler to cast a spell like how a fire elf does it with a bow. anyway, i think there should be a stitching option that lets you put your wand's stats into just your hands or something because i really like casting with my hands.
This might be interesting. Maybe there could be a "hide wand" button?

Defender
May 15, 2010
As mentioned above, there should just be a hide wand button. Because, like the stitching pets idea, this would be a bit painful. At least for this one, it doesn't require killing anything, though. But still, imagine that in actuality. They would be stitching the magic fabric of a bow into your hands. Ouch?

Fear is a weakness, and thus should be treated. I believe that one day all persons shall strive to face them with courage, and with justice for their beliefs.

-Valkoor Skullspear, Master of Death

Community Leader
Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Paige MoonShade wrote:
If you remove the wand , your Wizard will cast by using only hands.

Yeah, but then you can't use it at all. "Cloaking" the wand so to speak would not require that the wand be taken out of your spell deck, making the spell available, just the wand itself hidden.

I kind of like the idea.

Defender
Apr 24, 2009
Yeah! like different hand animations we can do. like for fire they have different from every other school. I think they mean they still want the stats of a wand, just hands showing.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Applying wand stats to your body seems a tad iffy to me, but I think what KI should do is put gauntlets in the Crown Shop so that those who prefer to cast spells with their hands can do so by stitching their wand's stats to the gauntlets.

Explorer
Dec 10, 2009
yeah i meant i still wanted the stats of the wand, but the appearance of how you cast without a wand.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Explorer
Jan 14, 2011
I think wands look kind of weird, so I use staffs. Staffs also look cool on mounts that give you wings. Not to mention the casting animation isn't half bad.

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
It has been suggested before. Magic gloves that fit in the wand slot. A nice plain pare of gloves, that we can pick the colors for. After that we just stitch a wand to them. That way we get our hand waving and the extra pip, power pip, critical chance, wand spells, ext. The suggestion itself is more than a year old.
Either they are having trouble with implementation or it would hurt profits somehow... Though I don't immediately see how gloves would lower profits, especially if you had to stitch them for them to have any advantage over plain hands.

Champion
Nov 22, 2008
joujou11cool wrote:
There should just be gloves for that.

Great minds think alike! I thought that you could stitch gloves and wands together. I like the idea!