Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

"just-for-fun" quest idea

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 05, 2012
Greetings Professors and Wizards of all ages!

Sometimes things just jump in to my head, make themselves comfortable and disappear.
Other times, the idea pounds on the door until the hinges break and the door falls in, then the idea stomps around in my head for awhile, eats all my food, blasts loud music, and watches television late in to the night. It just will NOT go away unless I write it down or something.

I am at the point were my idea is eating all my food. It's time to put it to pixels.

~^v~^v~^v~^v~^v

Spiral Mini-Golf "just-for-fun" side quest
This would have to be for members of high level only. You would need access to every zone on every world.

Teams:
You can go solo, team up with friends and challenge other teams, or let the computer pick random "friendly" mobs/bosses with varying stats/abilities/A.I. for you to team up with.

Play:
Each zone of each world would have a 'challenge' for you to complete at a particular location. The zone would still be populated by the mobs and other players, so you are still required to be cautious when going to the challenge location.
If, for example, the challenge is in the zone boss's tower or whatever, you would have to fight your way up, kill the boss and THEN do the mini golf challenge. Maybe a little switch or something to load the mini golf track.
The aiming could be similar to the old MSNMessenger Pool game. a dotted line shows were the ball would go when it bounces off the walls.
Ability to change the place you would hit the ball - top or bottom, and the angle of the club - left or right.
Wind might be a factor. So could debris (ashes on firecat, leaves on Pegasus Place, etcetera), items that slow your ball or change it's course but does not stop it from moving.

Opponents
There could be some golf cards (like there is for gardening) that the opponents can use to change things like wind speed and direction, obstacles and debris dropped randomly)
To counter this your team can use cards to either remove obstacles, change the wind again in your favor or get a redo of your shot with the obstacles still in play

Scoring:
The zone would have a Par rating, and you would score points for sinking the ball in fewer strokes than the par. You would loose points for hitting over the par.

Side-quests in the side quest?
Triton Avenue's water trap could take you to Crab Ally.

Quest bosses?
Among the real-world mini-golf obstacles, maybe some kind of large rodent that steals your golf ball?

Prizes:
Amounts of gold, reagents, gear, mounts and pets.
Perhaps quest-specific gear to make you look like a traditional golfer, or like a current golf champion, only without the product endorsements.
A pet caddy and a golf cart mount!

~^v~^v~^v~^v~^v

Now, this is just the basics of my idea. If I thought about it I would tweek it and fine tune it in to something better than this. There is much I could add, and maybe something I could remove.

What do the rest of you think?

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
I think it's a cute idea~ I love the thought of my level 80 sorcerer golfing vs. Morganthe... or beating Malistaire at lawn-bowling, with Cyrus and Sylvia on my team. LOL.

That said, I don't see what place sports have, in a fantasy MMO. The base idea is wonderful, but perhaps change it up a bit, so it better suits the game. ;)

Happy trails,

El Veeb
the Archmage of Awesomeness/shameless Drake fan-girl.

Survivor
Jul 26, 2009
Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Eh, I would rather not play golf with morganthe, not after she told me the sky will fall at mirror lake...