Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Just a suggestion for you to think about....

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 17, 2009
So I've been reading the replies on this recent feedback Friday about areas that people would like unlocked. I've read quite a few suggesting expanding the library.
And I'm with them on that suggestion. People don't go into places that has nothing for them to do anymore. Sure you occasionally have to run in the library for some quests that you picked up but that's about it.
My suggestion is that not only having the library expanded... but also having the ability to check out books.
In every world we run around collecting the history books for that world. So what if those history books that you collected became available for you to check out OR read in the library.
You could even set up this system where if you check out a book you have to return within a certain amount of time or days. If you don't return it within the time you were given. Harold the librarian will charge you with a fee.
Some side quests could even be added in from your teachers. Where you would fetch a book for them or something. I think it's a good idea.
I hope you and others will agree.

Defender
Dec 01, 2010
Dislike the idea.

What would be the point of checking out the books. What would they give us. Why would we want to keep them checked out?

Expand on the idea and I may change my opinion.

Mastermind
Jan 01, 2010
I quite like the idea!

I too would like to reread those "tomes" we have been collecting throughout the worlds. Most of the time I am in too much of a hurry to pay attention. And since we only get them rarely, it's hard to find the continuity in the story.

And books on the "history" of the different worlds would be great. Or maps all in one place.

And helpful hints on gardening, crafting, etc. I know some of this is on the boards but if I am in the game, would be nice not to have to exit, load up W101 and search for what I need.

And you could submit your own stories!

The more I think about this the more I like it. Great idea!

Survivor
Jun 17, 2009
danton1983 wrote:
Dislike the idea.

What would be the point of checking out the books. What would they give us. Why would we want to keep them checked out?

That's an excellent point. I agree with you that checking out books isn't a good idea.
But I still like the idea of being able to review the history books that we have collected. Do you have any ideas on how to make the library better?

By the way thank you for pointing that out to me.

Defender
Apr 19, 2010
:
MadAnneRackem wrote:
danton1983 wrote:
Dislike the idea.

That's an excellent point. I agree with you that checking out books isn't a good idea.
But I still like the idea of being able to review the history books that we have collected. Do you have any ideas on how to make the library better?

Well just checking out books is fun. Some people just go to read,
not cause they have to! Or maybe we can actually read about the history
and other worlds, and creatures, famouse wizards, spotted creatures
that havent been discovered! and even WAY more!!! If we read every book in the library We wont just be the most powerful wizard BUT the most
SMARTEST WIZARD! :D

Survivor
Jun 17, 2009
addisoncrawford wrote:
I quite like the idea!

I too would like to reread those "tomes" we have been collecting throughout the worlds. Most of the time I am in too much of a hurry to pay attention. And since we only get them rarely, it's hard to find the continuity in the story.

And books on the "history" of the different worlds would be great. Or maps all in one place.

And helpful hints on gardening, crafting, etc. I know some of this is on the boards but if I am in the game, would be nice not to have to exit, load up W101 and search for what I need.

And you could submit your own stories!

The more I think about this the more I like it. Great idea!

:D Glad you like the idea. You also gave some good ideas to go along with it too. Tips for gardening, etc.... would be helpful to have available to review in the library. Especially for people just starting the game. Awesome ideas! Thanks for your input.

Survivor
Jun 17, 2009
cprocks988 wrote:
:
MadAnneRackem wrote:
danton1983 wrote:
Dislike the idea.

Well just checking out books is fun. Some people just go to read,
not cause they have to! Or maybe we can actually read about the history
and other worlds, and creatures, famouse wizards, spotted creatures
that havent been discovered! and even WAY more!!! If we read every book in the library We wont just be the most powerful wizard BUT the most
SMARTEST WIZARD! :D

Lol, that's a nice way to look at it.

Defender
Dec 01, 2010
Some ideas I have are

If we have the book checked out about spiders (insert clever name here) we would get a boost to fighting spider types of enemies. etc

Secret boost etc.

Ill add more ideas later.

Survivor
Jun 17, 2009
danton1983 wrote:
Some ideas I have are

If we have the book checked out about spiders (insert clever name here) we would get a boost to fighting spider types of enemies. etc

Secret boost etc.

Ill add more ideas later.

That's an interesting idea. That would actually be pretty cool. Good thinking!
Keep sharing you thoughts and ideas, I always like to hear what everyone thinks. Thank you for sharing your idea!