Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Joint Gardening and Community Gardens

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 16, 2012
I had an idea a bit ago. What if, we could take care of another person's garden? Then, when harvest time comes, we get a certain percent based on how much we did. I could see large community gardens forming because of this.

Pros
No more worrying about going away for a few days, only to find dead plants when you come back.
Community Gardens might spring up which would foster a stronger sense of community.
Bigger gardens.

Cons
Naturally, if the gardens are based on effort, the person to plants the garden might potentially get less then someone else. This however, would encourage dedication, and if there was something in place where the planter got a certain percent regardless that might fix it.
That being said, I could also see a planter planting then doing nothing to earn the benefit. So there'd have to be something in place there as well.
Maybe to begin with, the joint gardening might be limited to the people on your friends list. I could see this causing more mooch friending, but anything can cause that really.

Overall, I think it might be an interesting idea; and, with enough checks and balances in place, I could see it being a nice new feature to expand gardening even further.